Windows 10: Lock screen oddities after April update.

Discus and support Lock screen oddities after April update. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Okay so after April I have noticed that the lock screen upon boot up or restart sometimes, the lock screen will blink the time and date after coming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Redbatman, May 6, 2018.

1. Redbatman Win User

Lock screen oddities after April update.

Okay so after April I have noticed that the lock screen upon boot up or restart sometimes, the lock screen will blink the time and date after coming up. It only happens for a sec though. So to test if it would happen upon wake up from sleep, I re enabled password upon wake to see the lock screen again after a wake up.

However when I did I had just gotten a plain blue screen background (not a bsod) for two secs before seeing the lock screen for password input. Though the lock screen didn't blink the date and time that time. I put it to sleep again and tried it again and same result so I decided to disable login on wake again.

However another little odd thing happening after the April update is that since I skip password on wake up to normally skip the login screen, I have noticed that the time and date in the lower right is blank for a few secs before loading up. I did have this issue sometimes before April update but now it seems to happen more.

Anyone else getting these and is it something I should worry about or is it just minor issues that are of no concern. I did do a system restore on the day I got the April update but it was since I was trying to fix an issue that I can't fix right now. (Event ID 5061) However the system restore took place after I installed the update so I dindn't have to reinstall April Update.

:)

Redbatman, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Lock screen oddities after April update.

1. Lock screen oddities after April update. - Similar Threads - Lock screen oddities

2. Network oddities

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network oddities: I hope you can help, I've been trying to figure this out and i'm scratching my head.We get intermittent connectivity issues with the client PCs connecting to the server i.e. randomly they will lose the connection to the network drives.In the DHCP settings it was originally...
  3. Network oddities

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network oddities: I hope you can help, I've been trying to figure this out and i'm scratching my head.We get intermittent connectivity issues with the client PCs connecting to the server i.e. randomly they will lose the connection to the network drives.In the DHCP settings it was originally...
  4. Black Screen after Update (Since April)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen after Update (Since April): I've been trying to update my desktop pc since april, and everytime I restart it to install and apply the update, the screen goes black and I can't do anything past that. Tried the usual fixes (ctrl + alt + del and such) but I can't get it to work. Whenever I force to restart...
  5. Screen Flicker some time after April 2019 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Flicker some time after April 2019 update: I have been experiencing some pretty terrible screen flickering after an update sometime around April 2019. I'm using a Dell laptop with the AMD A10 integrated graphics for reference. It was occurring pretty much any time I used the start menu, but after disabling all...
  6. Locked out after the April update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Locked out after the April update: I have done the April update and I am locked out of everything. I cannot change anything What do I do? All security tells me I don't have permission. I want Control Back In My possession I have an HP Envy Touch smart Sleek book. all biometrics are gone this computer has been...
  7. No audio on laptop after April update

No audio on laptop after April update: My laptop updated overnight Windows doesn't detect any audio device since. Internal speakers or plugged in headphones don't work, instead showing a "no speakers or headphones connected" bubble. I used Windows HD audio drivers on previous builds, and they worked just fine. Now...
  8. Black screen after April Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after April Update: I have a Dell Inspiron 14 3451 laptop with Intel Celeron N2840 processor, I have updated the drivers, a Toshiba HDD, and Windows Update Assistant says my laptop is compatible with the update. Each time i try to upgrade to the April update, my laptop works for a few seconds...
  9. Printing oddity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printing oddity: I use standard "Mail" and print via wifi - normally with no problems. (Epson WF - 2510)I have one particular email which will not print from my laptop. There is no error message on the laptop or the printer. All other emails print ok That same email can be printed from my...
  10. Bios Oddity

Bios Oddity: Just built a computer and when I boot it up it takes me to the splash screen which says press del to enter bios ect. Im using a wireless usb keyboard and when I press it and the speaker makes a typing noise but nothing happens?? How can I get it to actually enter bios because...