Windows 10: Lock screen only appears every other time

Discus and support Lock screen only appears every other time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Anyone else seeing this issue? If I put my tablet into standby when I wake it I don't get the lock screen and it just goes straight to the start screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mimizuku no Lew, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Lock screen only appears every other time

Anyone else seeing this issue? If I put my tablet into standby when I wake it I don't get the lock screen and it just goes straight to the start screen or whatever app I was using. If I put it into standby again then I'll get the lock screen the next time I wake it but then the next time it won't appear again. I've checked and it's literally every other time.

Toshiba Encore 8 on build 10162

:)

Mimizuku no Lew, Jul 2, 2015
  2. dimangi Win User

blue stripes on the lock screen

When double tapping the screen I get one or two blue stripes across the screen from top down. The stripes disappear quickly by themselves. When I swipe they are no longer there. This also doesn't happen every time, only seldomly. When they do appear, I can
    re-create the situation multiple times. Once I swipe away from the lock screen and lock the phone again, the stripes are gone and the situation cannot be re-produced.

Do I have a faulty device or is it a bug?

dimangi, Jul 2, 2015
  3. How to change picture on Welcome screen in Windows 10

There is a picture on my WELCOME SCREEN, the screen PRIOR to the LOCK SCREEN that comes up every time I restart my PC. The WELCOME SCREEN also comes up at restart if you have disabled the LOCK SCREEN.

I'd like to remove that picture entirely and replace it with a simple background color.

I can change the LOCK SCREEN background picture easily and change the DESKTOP background as well.

But I can't seem to find where to access the properties for the WELCOME SCREEN. The image on the WELCOME SCREEN only appeared after the anniversary update.

Again, I wish to eliminate the background picture from the WELCOME SCREEN and not from the LOCK SCREEN.

Thank you.

StephenTaggart, Jul 2, 2015
  4. Lock screen only appears every other time

No-one else? I tried doing a refresh and setting up a PIN and it's still doing the same thing here. Not good for device security.

Mimizuku no Lew, Jul 4, 2015
  5. CmmTch Win User
    I don't have a tablet so I don't know specifically about that device but does it have something similar to Ctrl+Alt+Del and then a "Lock this Computer" choice?

I guess to make sure you'll need to use the "Lock this computer" or whatever duplicates that function on the tablet every time when you leave it.

CmmTch, Jul 5, 2015
  6. Yes, I can manually lock it if I needed to. I don't actually have any important data on the tablet so luckily it's not an urgent issue for me. It's just something I noticed and thought I'd better check that it wasn't just localised to my tablet as if it was a potential security issue that others could replicate then they could report it so it can be fixed before RTM.

Mimizuku no Lew, Jul 5, 2015
  7. Still seeing the same issue in 10166. Can anyone with a tablet confirm whether they see the same issue?

Mimizuku no Lew, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Lock screen only appears every other time

1. Lock screen only appears every other time - Similar Threads - Lock screen appears

2. Windows 11 only boots every other time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 only boots every other time: Hi,My windows 11 installation all of a sudden only boots exactly every other time. Upon first boot attempt, it gets to about the same time that the windows login screen would normally display on the screen, but instead the rotating dot display freezes. When I then reboot, it...
  3. Windows 11 only boots every other time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 only boots every other time: Hi,My windows 11 installation all of a sudden only boots exactly every other time. Upon first boot attempt, it gets to about the same time that the windows login screen would normally display on the screen, but instead the rotating dot display freezes. When I then reboot, it...
  4. Windows 11 only boots every other time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 only boots every other time

6. Lock Screen not appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen not appearing: Showing command prompt instead of Lock Screen in my windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-not-appearing/dcdf49df-c62c-4912-ac28-04807059b86c
  7. Lock Screen not appearing

Lock Screen not appearing: Showing command prompt instead of Lock Screen in my windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-not-appearing/dcdf49df-c62c-4912-ac28-04807059b86c
  8. Ethernet only works after reboot (every other time)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet only works after reboot (every other time): Hello! I was having some trouble with my built-in NIC where internet would disconnect randomly, so I went and purchased a dedicated network card. This card does not have the same issue, my connection is stable and does not drop, but it does not work at all the first time I...
  9. Ethernet only works after reboot every other time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet only works after reboot every other time: Hello!I was having some trouble with my built-in NIC where internet would disconnect randomly, so I went and purchased a dedicated network card.This card does not have the same issue, my connection is stable and does not drop, but it does not work at all the first time I turn...
  10. The Lock Screen appears every 30 min.

in Windows 10 Support
    The Lock Screen appears every 30 min.: Hi there I have an annoying problem with windows 10. The lock screen appear every 30 min no matter if I am using or not the computer. I have changed the settings everywhere but I can't disable that behavior. Please help me. Any hint would be appreciated very much. 20342