Windows 10: Lock screen options

Discus and support Lock screen options in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why does my computer keep changing my lock screen pictures from Windows Spotlight to other pictures. Every time I log on it keeps changing that option.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TomBolich, Dec 14, 2019.

1. TomBolich Win User

Lock screen options

Why does my computer keep changing my lock screen pictures from Windows Spotlight to other pictures. Every time I log on it keeps changing that option. I enjoy seeing the nature pics in the Spotlight instead of pictures of random people apparently related to other files in my computer.

:)

TomBolich, Dec 14, 2019

2. Lock Screen Image Too Big

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue occurs only when the pictures are set from OneDrive?

I suggest you to set the picture for the lock screen using the default lock screen pictures and check whether the issue persist or not, follow the below steps to set the pictures.

• Go to “settings” and click on “personalization”.
    • Under “lock screen” tab, select the option from the drop box as “picture”.
    • Then under “choose your picture” option, click on any picture and go to the lock screen, check whether the issue persists or not.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 14, 2019
  3. No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen option as Windows Spotlight and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select Windows Spotlight from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 14, 2019
  4. Lock screen options

Ads displayed in Lock Screen

Hi Subhadeep,

Windows Spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen.
    To turn off Windows Spotlight, go to Settings, clickPersonalization,
    select Lock screen, under Background select a different lock screen background.

To avoid messages on your lock screen, you can consider the following:

• Make sure that the "Get fun facts, etc" on your Settings is turned off.
    • Disable “suggestions” that appear as notifications. To do so, follow these steps go to
      Settings, then select System, then click
      Notifications & actions
      and turnoff “Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what’s new and
      suggested”.
    • Disable “tips, tricks, and suggestions”. Head to Settings then select
      System, then click Notifications & Actions and disable the “Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows” option.

Don't hesitate to reply on this thread if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

Lock screen options

1. Lock screen options - Similar Threads - Lock screen options

2. Lock Screen slideshow and screen saver option not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen slideshow and screen saver option not working: I wanted to set an image folder for the lock screen and screen saver not the same folder, but as soon as I close the options window thinking it has saved everything, It resets back to my actual image and no screensaver at all...I tried to move the image folders from the...
  3. Lock Screen slideshow and screen saver option not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen slideshow and screen saver option not working: I wanted to set an image folder for the lock screen and screen saver not the same folder, but as soon as I close the options window thinking it has saved everything, It resets back to my actual image and no screensaver at all...I tried to move the image folders from the...
  4. Lock Screen slideshow and screen saver option not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. lock screen sign in options

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    lock screen sign in options: I had a remote desktop in my laptop for work. When I added my work microsoft account I wasn't allowed to use my fingerprint scanner anymore due to organization policies. I recently left the job so I deleted the work microsoft account, and I'm still unable to enter my...
  6. PIN option not available at lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN option not available at lock screen: Hello, I have reset my PIN for several times even with administrator account but PIN option is still not available and I use password to log in which is so anguishing. Please suggest solution....
  7. Lock screen font options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock screen font options: After a bunch of web searching and going through as many options as I can find in the OS I'm still stumped on being able to change the font on the lock screen. All that I have showing is the basic clock and date, but I'd love to be able to change it from white due to the...
  8. No 'Lock' option?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No 'Lock' option?: Hey, I am going to start locking my PC instead of hibernating or switching my pc if I'm only leaving it to stand by for an hour or two (or less) however on my power options from start there is no option to lock it, I have attached the image of what I am presented with, any...
  9. no sleep option in lock screen

in Windows 10 Support
    no sleep option in lock screen: sorry if this has been asked before, but i couldn't find anything about a missing sleep option from the lock screen, only a shut down option. i recently had to reinstall windows 10 (home), and since i've reinstalled, i've lost my sleep option from the lock screen. i can...
  10. No shutdown option from within Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    No shutdown option from within Lock Screen: Hi For some reason I have not got the shutdown options within the Lock Screen. They are only in the login but I want to have them in the Lock Screen as I may find myself unable to access login screen sometime in the future. I would like to have that functionality. I...