Windows 10: Lock screen password change for Windows 10

Discus and support Lock screen password change for Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I tried to change Windows 10 password via ctrl alt del and using settings Account methods. I managed to update the account password but the lock screen... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by tantan12321, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Lock screen password change for Windows 10

I tried to change Windows 10 password via ctrl alt del and using settings Account methods. I managed to update the account password but the lock screen password was still using the old password. I searched the internet but didn't see a workaround, so i am posting my workaround here.

After changing the password, Use ctrl alt del to lock screen. At the lock screen password entry prompt, select Pin method. Then select Password method. Now use the new password to login. Somehow this allows the lockscreen password textbox to accept the new password.

Windows 10 also have some weird behaviors for the auto hide task bar feature, where it doesn't auto hide. A workaround is needed to auto hide it. Eg. Click Start menu, click somewhere in the navigation menu and then click outside. This auto hide task bar workaround gave me the inspiration for using a workaround to resolve the issue on Lock screen password.

:)

tantan12321, Apr 10, 2020

2. change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Unable to change the password on my Local PC Windows 10 lock screen.

Thanks for the suggestion but I have already changed my Microsoft password following those exact steps in the link. I was able to successfully change my Microsoft password but that doesn't do anything to the local screen lock password on my pc. That
    password is still the same and was set up before I got Windows 10 last year. When I enter ctrl, atl, delete I don't get the option to change my password like in previous Windows versions.

Garrett555, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Rex(S) Win User

Lock screen password change for Windows 10

Lock screen password change Windows 10

What are the steps to change the lock screen password? I have found lots of articles here about password changes but its mainly for my account, I followed multiple articles and only end up changing my Microsoft account password.

Rex(S), Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Lock screen password change for Windows 10

1. Lock screen password change for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Lock screen password

2. How to change lock screen password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change lock screen password?: The password option is missing! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-lock-screen-password/c48d1e58-cf8d-44cf-a83a-887e81ece9fb
  3. How to change lock screen password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change lock screen password?: The password option is missing! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-lock-screen-password/c48d1e58-cf8d-44cf-a83a-887e81ece9fb
  4. Windows 10, change password of lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10, change password of lock screen: Hi My account is managed by an organization Domain. I changed my Domain password with a specific web site of my organization. I had to enter this new password to reconnect Outlook and teams. But when i open my session and unlock screen, it is still my previous password....
  5. Changing Lock Screen Password W/out Changing Account Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing Lock Screen Password W/out Changing Account Password: ..how do you do it? I used to have a password, since rebuilding and putting WIn10 on again i had a PIN that i set up on installation but want to get back to using my old password. I removed the PIN and it now uses my MS account password and the only option i seem to have are...
  6. Changing Lock Screen Password W/out Changing Account Password

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Lock Screen Password W/out Changing Account Password: ..how do you do it? I used to have a password, since rebuilding and putting WIn10 on again i had a PIN that i set up on installation but want to get back to using my old password. I removed the PIN and it now uses my MS account password and the only option i seem to have are...
  7. Lock screen password change Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lock screen password change Windows 10: What are the steps to change the lock screen password? I have found lots of articles here about password changes but its mainly for my account, I followed multiple articles and only end up changing my Microsoft account password....
  8. Change Lock screen Password on laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change Lock screen Password on laptop: How do I change my Lock Screen password on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-lock-screen-password-on-laptop/8ed99547-c296-443c-a7ae-2b9ce62b850e
  9. Unable to change password on the lock screen

Unable to change password on the lock screen: As you see in the title I cannot change the password on the Lock screen. I tried three times. Shut down then switched the PC on but I see the old password....
  10. Change lock screen password onlzy

Change lock screen password onlzy: Hi, I just got a laptop that I'm going to use for office work when not at home. So I'd like to keep getting asked for a password. But it's quite annoying that the lock screen password is my microsoft password. It has become an abomination because it can't be set to an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change screen lock pin windows 10

2. change lock screen windows 10

3. display password change windows 10

4. windows 10 lock screen settings