Windows 10: lock screen password

Discus and support lock screen password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't want to have to enter a password on computer startup. How do I get rid of this requirement.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CarolTrue, May 17, 2019.

1. CarolTrue Win User

lock screen password

I don't want to have to enter a password on computer startup. How do I get rid of this requirement.

:)

CarolTrue, May 17, 2019

2. Lock Screen Password

Hi Eashwar,

About your concern on enabling password protected lock screen, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings > Click Accounts.
    • On the right panel select Sign-in options > Under Password you'll see the option to add password.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Keep us posted with the result.

Regile Reb, May 17, 2019
  3. change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, May 17, 2019
  4. lock screen password

Lock screen automatically with password

Hi Kenneth,

To have a better view on this concern, are you referring with Lock Screen timeout? If so, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click on Start menu.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Under Sign-in options, click on Lock screen.
    • Go to Screen timeout settings.
    • Change the value under Screen.

Also, no need to create a pin code since you already have your Microsoft account password. You can sign in using your account.

Let us know if you need any further assistance and we will be glad to help.

Desiree Yau, May 17, 2019
Thema:

lock screen password

1. lock screen password - Similar Threads - lock screen password

2. Lock screen password not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen password not working: I was watching a YouTube guide on how to remove the lock screen sign in screen but now my password doesn't work at all and I can't sign in and Itry resetting my password but it asks for some reset disc. I really don't understand and need help...
  3. Lock screen password not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen password not working: I was watching a YouTube guide on how to remove the lock screen sign in screen but now my password doesn't work at all and I can't sign in and Itry resetting my password but it asks for some reset disc. I really don't understand and need help...
  4. Lock screen password not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Locked out at password screen

Locked out at password screen: I have an HP 14cd110. I was hospitalized and someone changed my login from a PIN to unknown password. Don't know what answers to ?s are. Tried every combo I could think of. No luck. so I went into the recovery portion getting in by shifting during boot. looked like it was...
  6. screen lock pin/password

screen lock pin/password: I simply need to change my pin/password that I have on my laptop. I remember my old one I just need to change it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-lock-pinpassword/2ccf2c9f-29d1-4697-9c40-ba0e2fd6e155
  7. password protected locked screen

password protected locked screen: When I turn my computer on, I have to enter my Microsoft password to start Windows. How do I turn this off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-protected-locked-screen/5f609b02-4a85-47bc-a846-b88df8ff3e1b
  8. Change lock screen password onlzy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change lock screen password onlzy: Hi, I just got a laptop that I'm going to use for office work when not at home. So I'd like to keep getting asked for a password. But it's quite annoying that the lock screen password is my microsoft password. It has become an abomination because it can't be set to an...
  9. Is it possible to keep the lock screen but remove the locked password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to keep the lock screen but remove the locked password?: I've got a client who wants to get rid of the lock screen password requirement but keep the lock screen with the time etc. Obviously disabling the password requirement leaves the device vulnerable. I've found plenty of information on how to remove the lock screen or...
  10. lock screen password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    lock screen password: Hello, I have successfully disabled the request for logon password with netplwiz, but lock screen still requires the password. Is there a way I can disable this as well? I selected "never" not to require it upon the pc waking up, but it doesn't work. Thanks. 34777