Windows 10: Lock Screen photo has gone/Windows throws me out after a short time

Discus and support Lock Screen photo has gone/Windows throws me out after a short time in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I ran Reset/System Restore on my laptop ten days ago, on the advice on an expert in another forum. It replaced my Windows 10 and I'm now finding new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Taffy078, Aug 14, 2021.

1. Taffy078 Win User

Lock Screen photo has gone/Windows throws me out after a short time

I ran Reset/System Restore on my laptop ten days ago, on the advice on an expert in another forum. It replaced my Windows 10 and I'm now finding new problems. These are the two latest: (1) The photo I'd added to my Lock Screen had disappeared. How do I add it, please? (2) I'm logged out of Windows after five minutes or so & have to log back in. I've checked my Power settings and they show as per the following snip. Am I looking in the wrong place? How do I keep my laptop logged in, please? 19043.1151

:)

Taffy078, Aug 14, 2021
  2. Taffy078 Win User

I ran Reset/System Restore on my laptop ten days ago, on the advice on an expert in another forum. It replaced my Windows 10 and I'm now finding new problems. These are the two latest:
    (1) The photo I'd added to my Lock Screen had disappeared. How do I add it, please?
    (2) I'm logged out of Windows after five minutes or so & have to log back in. I've checked my Power settings and they show as per the following snip. Am I looking in the wrong place? How do I keep my laptop logged in, please?

Lock Screen photo has gone/Windows throws me out after a short time [​IMG]

Taffy078, Aug 14, 2021
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Lock screen photo

Hi,

To change the
    lock screen photo, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Settings.

• Choose
      Personalization.

• On the left side of the screen, click on
      Lock screen.

• In the
      Background, change it to
      Picture.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 14, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Lock screen image: perhaps you're thinking of Option 1, 4 in this tutorial?
    Change Lock Screen Background in Windows 10

Are you certain you are logged out, or are you merely required to enter credentials as a result of the PC going to sleep, for example?

For example, after you log in again, does it take time for your startups to run again, or is everything displayed straight away as when you resume from sleep?

If sleep, I posted some ideas here. Feel free to find more - the poster never bothered to reply.
    How to Stop sleep/lock mode every 5 mins!

dalchina, Aug 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Lock Screen photo has gone/Windows throws me out after a short time - Similar Threads - Lock Screen photo

2. Bitlocker has locked me out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker has locked me out: Bitlocker has me locked out of my work machine. Has been running fine for the better part of a year, and suddenly I can't get into itI've went to the aka.ms/recovery, and can see the device, but it says no bitlocker keys exist. Has Microsoft utterly screwed me AGAIN!...
  3. Bitlocker has locked me out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker has locked me out: Bitlocker has me locked out of my work machine. Has been running fine for the better part of a year, and suddenly I can't get into itI've went to the aka.ms/recovery, and can see the device, but it says no bitlocker keys exist. Has Microsoft utterly screwed me AGAIN!...
  4. Lock Screen photo has gone/Windows throws me out after a short time

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen photo has gone/Windows throws me out after a short time: I ran Reset/System Restore on my laptop ten days ago, on the advice on an expert in another forum. It replaced my Windows 10 and I'm now finding new problems. These are the two latest: (1) The photo I'd added to my Lock Screen had disappeared. How do I add it, please? (2) I'm...
  5. Windows 10 has lock me out.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 has lock me out.: � I was setting up to encrypt Windows 10 and it went to the DOS screen with blinking indicator. It will not load up Windows. I do not have any back up and I've tried to reinstall Windows and I don't have enough memory to do that. UrgentHelpTerry. *** Email address is...
  6. Windows family safety screen time limit has locked me out of computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows family safety screen time limit has locked me out of computer: My daughter's computer has locked us out because of a screen time limit. It does not update or change once the limit is changed or removed. I have also removed her computer from my family account it no longer shows there, however, we are still locked out of the laptop. The...
  7. Recording has timed out message appearing on lock screen

Recording has timed out message appearing on lock screen: After the recent windows 2004 update a message has started to appear on my lock screen which says "Recording has timed out please try again" what is this message for and how to fix it....
  8. Windows 10 lock screen timeing out.

Windows 10 lock screen timeing out.: Good day I have a strange problem and have never come across this problem, when os boots up and just before you have to sign in the lock screen is displayed. Now you have to click or press any key to have this screen move upwards and away...where my problem comes in si that...
  9. Lock screen time-out

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lock screen time-out: Is there any way to keep the lock screen from shutting me down if I don't do anything on the keyboard for a minute or 2 minutes, or whatever it is? I followed some instructions that I found on the internet that involve adding ".bak" or ".backup" to the lock screen file in...
  10. Lock Screen Slideshow Time Out

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen Slideshow Time Out: Hello, I used to use a reg file for Windows 8.1 to customize the time until the screen turns off during the Lock Screen Time Out. I want to know if that command still applies for Windows 10. The reg file command is:...