Windows 10: Lock Screen picture issues

Discus and support Lock Screen picture issues in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Changing the lock screen picture has caused start up issues. I noticed after I changed the picture on my lock screen I had a hard time getting my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sheridan167, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Lock Screen picture issues

Changing the lock screen picture has caused start up issues. I noticed after I changed the picture on my lock screen I had a hard time getting my computer to start. The window logo appeared only. After holding the power button 20 seconds it came up in repair mode. It is a 1 mos old surface go so I reverted to the ugly picture that was there originally no other choices and the problem resolved. So to confirm this was the cause, I changed the picture to one I downloaded and...back to startup issues. So, how can I change the lock screen picture or add "supported" pictures to prevent futur

:)

Sheridan167, Apr 24, 2021

2. Lock Screen Image Issue

Hi Kirby,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I would suggest you to set the default pictures as the Lock Screen picture from the PC and check if it works or not.

Follow the steps below:

• In start type "settings" and press enter.
    • Select Personalize
    • From the left click on "Lock screen"
    • Select the default picture and conform by preview.
    Please do get back to us to assist you better with issue you are facing.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 24, 2021
  3. Lock Screen Image Too Big

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue occurs only when the pictures are set from OneDrive?

I suggest you to set the picture for the lock screen using the default lock screen pictures and check whether the issue persist or not, follow the below steps to set the pictures.

• Go to “settings” and click on “personalization”.
    • Under “lock screen” tab, select the option from the drop box as “picture”.
    • Then under “choose your picture” option, click on any picture and go to the lock screen, check whether the issue persists or not.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 24, 2021
  4. Lock Screen picture issues

Lock screen issue

Hi Bob,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow these steps:

• Go to Settings>>Personalization>>Lock Screen.

• In the right panel, select Picture instead of Windows Spotlight.
    Please feel free to post your queries in Microsoft Community. We will be glad to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Apr 24, 2021
Thema:

Lock Screen picture issues

1. Lock Screen picture issues - Similar Threads - Lock Screen picture

2. Lock screen Pictures issue!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen Pictures issue!: See this locked thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-lockscreens-slideshow-speed-in-win11/7650feed-be7c-41cb-b9d1-5e0b2b50bf29 Well I have the same issue. I tried to change my lock screen to a completely new set of slideshow pictures,...
  3. Lock screen Pictures issue!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen Pictures issue!: See this locked thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-lockscreens-slideshow-speed-in-win11/7650feed-be7c-41cb-b9d1-5e0b2b50bf29 Well I have the same issue. I tried to change my lock screen to a completely new set of slideshow pictures,...
  4. Issue with lock screen background picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue with lock screen background picture: In Settings Personalize Lock screen, I have checked Windows Spotlight. "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" is also checked. Yet every tine I boot my desktop computer, I see the same "background" picture a Paris monument. I am not asked if I like it or...
  5. Lock Screen Picture

Lock Screen Picture: I have followed all the suggestions for changing the lock screen picture and none of them have worked. My Windows version is 2001 Build 19041.329. I have done the following: Right-click on desktop, select Personalize, select Lock Screen. For BACKGOUND I select Picture...
  6. Picture on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Picture on lock screen: How do I change the picture on my lock screen? I did something by accident and changed the picture to something I don't want to see. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-on-lock-screen/fb1af5ca-bcb7-442f-9498-cb6e2d78dca1
  7. lock screen picture

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    lock screen picture: The lock screen picture of the Lake within the mountains is depressing me as it looks cold and dangerous and i would hate to be near there , evry time i boot my pc this picture comes on and cannot be deleted, it is really depressing me now i should be able to have a blank...
  8. lock screen pictures

lock screen pictures: I have tried to delete lock screen pictures. You know the ones /cave/beach/plane/etc.etc.I went in to c:/screen/web file and took full control and was able to delete the cave/bluescreen/and beach pictures. Then added six of my own pictures.I then resarted my laptop and my...
  9. lock screen pictures

lock screen pictures: I have windows 10 home edition I turned on windows spot light it comes on for a second and then that rocky cave beach seen pops up so I went to c:/windows/web/screen and found the default lock screen pictures and took control of that folder/file and went into that cave...
  10. Lock screen picture

Lock screen picture: I have a desktop and laptop, both are Windows 10 Pro, both are version 1607 and both are build version 14393.222 and both are fully updated. So why are the lock screens showing different pictures? On the laptop is show a nice Fall picture and on my desktop is showing some...