Windows 10: Lock screen picture overlays slideshow

Discus and support Lock screen picture overlays slideshow in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, my issue with Windows 10x64 1803 Lock screen slideshow not working is a bit different than usual When the issue occurs (not always, but almost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JiriPetruzelka, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Lock screen picture overlays slideshow

Hi, my issue with Windows 10x64 1803 Lock screen slideshow not working is a bit different than usual

When the issue occurs (not always, but almost always), the screen shows the defined Picture (and no clock etc.) _however_ when I press Enter, before showing the lockscreen as the overlaying picture is sliding away I can see a flicker of the slideshow underneath. These are pictures from the correct folder and it looks as expected. After the flicker it shows the login screen with a picture

(login screen is kinda OK but half the time accounts (two) are doubled (making it 4), they differ in that in each pair one of the user pictures has a circle shape and the other is square, and the square ones have extra text underneath "Windows will try to connect to {companyName}" .... I don't know if this is the cause or something completely unrelated ... but this question is about slideshow)

I have done lot of the usual steps (most of these relate to slideshow not working at all which isn't my issue anyway):
    - remove the slideshow, lock, re-add it

- rename the slideshow folder

- changed settings in Power options (only Balanced is in the list) for Desktop background settings for battery to Available

- adjusted Advanced settings for slideshow to show not fitting images, show on battery, show lockscreen instead of turning off

- require user to press CtrlAltDelete is unchecked and disabled

- Windows Search is set to Automatic and running

- folder with images is indexed

No Windows updates pending atm

Restart didn't help

Ideally if this can be solved without restoration or reinstall or something of that caliber hopefully

Thank you!

:)

JiriPetruzelka, Feb 22, 2019

2. Aspect ratios of images in the Windows 10 lock screen slideshow

Hello Boris,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Family.

We understand your concern with Lock screen picture. We will assist you with this issue.

Let's try to isolate the issue by only keeping panorama pictures as your Lock screen Slide show pictures.

Further you can try the below steps and check if it helps:

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Key + I key.

• Click on Personalization.

• Click on Lock
      screen.

• Under Background dropdown, select
      slideshow.

• Click on Advanced slideshow settings.

• Turn off “Only use picture that fit my screen

Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us back. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 22, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    windows 10 lock screen slideshow timing...

Hello Andrew,

I understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps. Refer to the below steps:

• Type Lock screen in the search bar and press enter

• Select Advanced Slideshow settings

• Click on Turn off screen after slideshow has played for and select the time limit
    Let us know if you need more information and we'll be happy to assist.

Arul_D, Feb 22, 2019
  4. Lock screen picture overlays slideshow

Lock screen slideshow pictures showing mirror format on Windows 10.

Hi Ron,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "slideshow shows pictures, they are all in mirror format", which option have setup in the Lock screen? Have you selected Slideshow option or picture option under Lock screen settings?
    • Have you made changes in the Lock screen settings prior to the issue?

If you selected Slideshow option from lock screen settings, then I suggest you to choose a new picture folder in the setting and check if it helps.

Also try to check if you have Windows spotlight option under the Lock screen settings.

Please send us the screenshot of lock screen for better understanding of the issue.

How to include a screenshot in your post:

How to include a screenshot in your post

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen pictures, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

Lock screen picture overlays slideshow

1. Lock screen picture overlays slideshow - Similar Threads - Lock screen picture

2. Lock Screen SlideShow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen SlideShow: Hello!I have a small issue.I was personalising my computer and when I finished I was really excited!However, when I turned off my computer and turned it back on, a photo that's not in my slideshow folder, appeared. It's agitating as I'm setting up a theme and a random photo...
  3. Lock Screen Slideshow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen Slideshow: When I try to set a folder in my files as my lock screen slideshow, they disappear from the folder stating "no items match your search", as if there are no photos in the folder. However, this same folder is successfully being used as my background slideshow. For example, If I...
  4. Lock Screen Slideshow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen Slideshow: When I try to set a folder in my files as my lock screen slideshow, they disappear from the folder stating "no items match your search", as if there are no photos in the folder. However, this same folder is successfully being used as my background slideshow. For example, If I...
  5. Lock Screen Slideshow Picture Folder Image Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Slideshow Picture Folder Image Issue: Hi, I'm trying to get my lock screen to utilize the slide show option, but when I choose that option I receive a prompt that says " You need more than one picture to show in your slideshow." So I click on the + Add Folder and try and choose spotlight images in my pictures...
  6. Lock Screen Slideshow Picture Folder Imager Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen Slideshow Picture Folder Imager Issue: Hi, I'm trying to get my lock screen to utilize the slide show option, but when I choose that option I receive a prompt that says " You need more than one picture to show in your slideshow." So I click on the + Add Folder and try and choose spotlight images in my pictures...
  7. Lock Screen Slideshow

Lock Screen Slideshow: Windows 10 Version 2004 Build 19041.450 Lock Screen not able to use slideshow feature. I am able to change photo. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-slideshow/121e2b4d-05d9-4cd3-9e5e-089a591c7f33
  8. "Lock Screen Slideshow" For The Desktop Slideshow

"Lock Screen Slideshow" For The Desktop Slideshow: Hello, You are familiar with how the Lock Screen Slideshow plays, where it sometimes puts one image on the whole screen and slides to the left or right / fades the picture away, and loads multiple pictures sometimes, varying by size, and other fancy variations, etc. Has...
  9. Lock Screen Slideshow

Lock Screen Slideshow: Suddenly the lock screen slideshow no longer works, it just stays at one picture. I have not made any changes to the folders i have set and there have been no windows updates recently. I tried logging out, I tried restarting but nothing works. What could be causing this 42422
  10. Lock Screen Slideshow

Lock Screen Slideshow: Ok guys has anyone got the slideshow to work on your lock screen yet, i have tried everything including deleteing a particular file in screen folder to making new files everywhere and still nothing, when i press WIN + L it works great but the minute i reboot my PC nothing the...