Windows 10: Lock screen picture when logged out

Discus and support Lock screen picture when logged out in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! I set up a lock screen picture using the PC Settings app, and it displays as expected when I'm logged in but the computer is locked. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Vaindil, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Vaindil Win User

Lock screen picture when logged out

Hello! I set up a lock screen picture using the PC Settings app, and it displays as expected when I'm logged in but the computer is locked. However, when I sign out the lock screen picture goes back to the default rainbow picture. (The setting doesn't change, it just doesn't display the picture that I chose.) How can I change the global lock screen picture so it's the same regardless of whether I'm logged in or not? This is a computer on a domain, but no group policy exists to control the lock screen picture (as far as I'm aware). I am a local administrator of my computer.

:)

Vaindil, Dec 1, 2014
  2. AlanMick Win User

Lock Screen Image Does Not Display as Login Screen

I have my "lock screen" set to a picture I have chosen. I have turned on "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen". When I lock, the lock screen picture I have chosen is displayed. However, when I log out and latter log in again, some other
    picture is displayed; one of the "default" pictures, not the custom picture I have selected as my lock screen.

How do I make the lock screen and sign on screen picture the same - I have already selected "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" and it does not work.

AlanMick, Dec 1, 2014
  3. Windows Spotlight not working properly in Windows 10.

It's seems that Spotlight is only available when a user is logged in. Hence you will see it when you lock or resume from sleep. But when you boot up or log out from your account, the Lock screen displays the last picture that was selected when the Lock
    screen was set to 'Picture'.

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Dec 1, 2014
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Vaindil,

As you found out, there are two lock screens in Windows 10. One is your lock screen while signed in to your account. The other is the default lock screen when no user is signed in.

You should be able to use either option in the tutorial below for Windows 8 to change the default lock screen in Windows 10 as well. *Smile

Lock Screen Default Background Image - Change in Windows 8

Brink, Dec 1, 2014
  5. Vaindil Win User
    Oh man, I knew it had to be something easy! I Googled and couldn't find anything though. Thank you for that tutorial, it's exactly what I needed!

Vaindil, Dec 2, 2014
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Lock screen picture when logged out - Similar Threads - Lock screen picture

2. Lock Screen Picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Picture: I have followed all the suggestions for changing the lock screen picture and none of them have worked. My Windows version is 2001 Build 19041.329. I have done the following: Right-click on desktop, select Personalize, select Lock Screen. For BACKGOUND I select Picture...
  3. Picture on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Picture on lock screen: How do I change the picture on my lock screen? I did something by accident and changed the picture to something I don't want to see. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-on-lock-screen/fb1af5ca-bcb7-442f-9498-cb6e2d78dca1
  4. lock picture on screen

lock picture on screen: how to remove lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-picture-on-screen/cd0efa2b-6b95-44d7-a060-33c5422405bd
  5. lock screen picture

lock screen picture: The lock screen picture of the Lake within the mountains is depressing me as it looks cold and dangerous and i would hate to be near there , evry time i boot my pc this picture comes on and cannot be deleted, it is really depressing me now i should be able to have a blank...
  6. Lock Screen Picture Totally Out Of Focus

Lock Screen Picture Totally Out Of Focus: Two issues. My Logitech mouse cursor is hanging up and then suddenly jumping. I understand this is a Logitech issue, in all probability, but I think a fix they suggested might have caused another problem. They suggested going to Device Manager, mouse/pointing devices, and...
  7. lock screen pictures

lock screen pictures: how do you change the lock screen pictures my has the same one all the time can you get different pictures https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-pictures/c6fb4f62-68aa-4e71-8eaf-7ccde4270d04
  8. lock screen pictures

lock screen pictures: I have tried to delete lock screen pictures. You know the ones /cave/beach/plane/etc.etc.I went in to c:/screen/web file and took full control and was able to delete the cave/bluescreen/and beach pictures. Then added six of my own pictures.I then resarted my laptop and my...
  9. lock screen pictures

lock screen pictures: I have windows 10 home edition I turned on windows spot light it comes on for a second and then that rocky cave beach seen pops up so I went to c:/windows/web/screen and found the default lock screen pictures and took control of that folder/file and went into that cave...
  10. Lock screen picture

Lock screen picture: I have a desktop and laptop, both are Windows 10 Pro, both are version 1607 and both are build version 14393.222 and both are fully updated. So why are the lock screens showing different pictures? On the laptop is show a nice Fall picture and on my desktop is showing some...