Windows 10: Lock screen pops up when pressing sleep mode

Discus and support Lock screen pops up when pressing sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; hello, I have updated all drivers and latest NVIDIA driver as well! I reported this 1000 times and I am a bit frustrated *Sad please watch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gabgab, Feb 5, 2020.

1. gabgab Win User

Lock screen pops up when pressing sleep mode

hello,

I have updated all drivers and latest NVIDIA driver as well! I reported this 1000 times and I am a bit frustrated *Sad

please watch https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wsn4l0v2e6mj3i/sleep_showing_lock_screen_problem_win10.mp4?dl=0

now it doesn't last AS LONG as the video shows (older update), however, you click sleep (power button), lock screen pops up, then sleep. NOT intended behaviour.

on my work DELL, when you click sleep, it fades a bit then goes to sleep. although not on the same win10 latest release and not having a NVIDIA card as well.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.628]
    442.19-notebook-win10-64bit-international-dch-whql
    igfx_win10_100.7584

thank you!

:)

gabgab, Feb 5, 2020
  2. Rhina Vib Win User

Lock screen not working on sleep

Hi Polly,

To be able to lock your screen while on Sleep mode, you can follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type Sign in and hit
      Enter.
    • Select the option When PC wakes up from sleep under Require Sign-in.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Feb 5, 2020
  3. PJS
    pjs Win User
    PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock

I am using my work computer. It's a laptop with a power connection (not running on battery.) The laptop is hocked up to two monitors (a total of three monitors, counting the laptop's own screen - I usually keep my laptop closed, however.)
    Since I am at work I always lock the screen when I leave my computer. (I use the windows+L shortcut to lock the screen.) This all works fine.

However, after about a minute the computer goes into sleep mode / hibernation. At least I think it does, because the two monitors goes black - and it takes a few seconds to "wake up the system" (the monitors doesn't come back to life immediately when I press a key on the keyboard / move the mouse, as they would if a screen saver was active.)
    This is very annoying if I step away from my computer for only a short while (like going to the bathroom.)

Here's what I want:
    With power (not running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 15 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

Without power (running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 5 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

My best bet is that this is some sort of power saving scheme thingie, but I can't seem to figure out how to configure it to do what I want. Can someone please help me with a step-by-step guide to configure my system the way I want? Thank you.

4. Lock screen pops up when pressing sleep mode

Sleep mode and lock screen

I have disabled sleep mode but now do not have a locked screen. How can turn this function on. I have gone to settings but only sleep mode is available for locked screen. Thanks.

ElizabethJimenez2, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Lock screen pops up when pressing sleep mode

1. Lock screen pops up when pressing sleep mode - Similar Threads - Lock screen pops

2. when i press caps lock google pops up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i press caps lock google pops up: when i press caps lock google pops up and its really annoying when lm typing something google pops up or when I play Minecraft it disconnects me from the game and I don't know how to fix it, and yeah. can you help[ me fix this problem?...
  3. when i press caps lock google pops up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i press caps lock google pops up: when i press caps lock google pops up and its really annoying when lm typing something google pops up or when I play Minecraft it disconnects me from the game and I don't know how to fix it, and yeah. can you help[ me fix this problem?...
  4. Computer goes to Lock Screen instead of Sleep Mode when pressing Sleep Button.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer goes to Lock Screen instead of Sleep Mode when pressing Sleep Button.: Hello, for the past year or so I have been experiencing an issue when trying to go to sleep mode on my Windows 10 Device. Most times putting my computer to sleep makes it go to sleep, but after a few times, it will go to the lock screen and just stay there even If I don't...
  5. Computer goes to Lock Screen instead of Sleep Mode when pressing Sleep Button.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer goes to Lock Screen instead of Sleep Mode when pressing Sleep Button.: Hello, for the past year or so I have been experiencing an issue when trying to go to sleep mode on my Windows 10 Device. Most times putting my computer to sleep makes it go to sleep, but after a few times, it will go to the lock screen and just stay there even If I don't...
  6. Computer goes to Lock Screen instead of Sleep Mode when pressing Sleep Button.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Sleep mode and lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleep mode and lock screen: I have disabled sleep mode but now do not have a locked screen. How can turn this function on. I have gone to settings but only sleep mode is available for locked screen. Thanks....
  8. Sleep mode locks the screen

Sleep mode locks the screen: When I click on Windows / Power / Sleep mode, it often locks the screen instead. When I repeat the procedure it finally makes my Dell XPS 13 notebook sleep. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-locks-the-screen/496ae348-9ba0-4b59-a006-138444ffc174
  9. Lock screen showing up when PC going to sleep mode

Lock screen showing up when PC going to sleep mode: hello, Since one of the latest updates, when i click the power button for sending the PC to sleep, the lock screen flashes for an instant then goes into sleep. it has never done like that say 6 months ago. With the most recent update that i have installed today, and i am...
  10. Sleep Mode Lock Screen Isuue

Sleep Mode Lock Screen Isuue: I am facing a problem of automatically my pc is going to Lock screen when I am not using my laptop for 1 minute After that I want to open my lock screen with password and I should continue my work this is very irritating and I cannot proceed my work speedily and I changed...