Windows 10: Lock Screen Preview and Lock Screen nuisance

Discus and support Lock Screen Preview and Lock Screen nuisance in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can anyone tell me how to eliminate the lock screen preview and bypass the 'Sign In' button on the lock screen? I often put my computer to sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SomeDudeOnline, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Lock Screen Preview and Lock Screen nuisance

Can anyone tell me how to eliminate the lock screen preview and bypass the 'Sign In' button on the lock screen?

I often put my computer to sleep then to bring it back (in Windows 7) I would simply hit the space bar and turn on my mouse and it would go straight to my desktop. Now, I hit the space bar turn on my mouse, and it takes me to the lock screen preview then I hit the space bar and it takes me to a lock screen where I have to click 'Sign In' even though I have no password set.

I'm guessing I'll no longer be able to hit the spacebar, turn on my mouse and go directly to the desktop but if I can hit the spacebar, turn on the mouse, then hit the space bar one last time, that would be satisfactory.

:)

SomeDudeOnline, Aug 7, 2015

2. WM6 "Lock" Nuisance Screen

Try this:

Get a registry editor and go to HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies and locate "00001023" and change the value to 1. This should enable the lock option.

Note: Modifying the rgistry can damage your system. You do his at your own risk.

Linley Meslier, Aug 7, 2015
  3. gmichal Win User
    WM6 "Lock" Nuisance Screen

When my Smartphone (Verizon VX-6800) is left alone for more than 20 minutes (the maximum setting), I am foced to enter a password to access the phone. It is an extreme nuisance especially if one uses it constantly throughout the day. I tried setting the
    value to 0 minutes thinking it would disable the feature but it just locks immediately. To get to this screen, go to Start, Settings, Lock. There is a little check box that is checked and greyed-out to turn this feature off but I can't figure out how to get
    the check box to allow the check to be removed. Any ideas?

As an alternative, is there a way to increase the maximum setting to 4 hours or 8 hours?

gmichal, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Lock Screen Preview and Lock Screen nuisance

Turns out, the instructions I found to not require a password at the sign in screen did the trick for me.

SomeDudeOnline, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

Lock Screen Preview and Lock Screen nuisance

1. Lock Screen Preview and Lock Screen nuisance - Similar Threads - Lock Screen Preview

2. Lock in Screen is not loading Lock in Screen is not loading,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock in Screen is not loading Lock in Screen is not loading,: Lock in Screen is not loading, I have shut the laptop down and restarted it, what shall i do?It wont me type in the password, the actual screen is not showing anything just stays blue and then doesn't load....
  3. Lock in Screen is not loading Lock in Screen is not loading,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock in Screen is not loading Lock in Screen is not loading,: Lock in Screen is not loading, I have shut the laptop down and restarted it, what shall i do?It wont me type in the password, the actual screen is not showing anything just stays blue and then doesn't load....
  4. lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lock screen: Why do my lock screen settings reset every time Windows updates. I have it set for the screen to never turn off, but each Windows update resets it to turn off after 15 minutes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen/4dd2294a-dae4-4a37-b28c-6d2769dd351c
  5. lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lock screen: Why do my lock screen settings reset every time Windows updates. I have it set for the screen to never turn off, but each Windows update resets it to turn off after 15 minutes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen/4dd2294a-dae4-4a37-b28c-6d2769dd351c
  6. Lock Screen Background Preview Stuck on Loading

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Background Preview Stuck on Loading: Hi, I'm Arda. I want to change lock screen background but it's still loading on preview and I can't change it. Please help me fix the problem. Thank you....
  7. Not Lock Screen, But like a Lock Screen appeared?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not Lock Screen, But like a Lock Screen appeared?: After installing AMD "Radeon Software", another screed with a MS like background appeared...UGH. I have a lock screen, login screen., so what else could this be? When I change the lock screen color it will take and when pressing (Windows-key and the L) it will lock to that...
  8. Not Lock Screen, But like a Lock Screen appeared?

in Windows 10 Support
    Not Lock Screen, But like a Lock Screen appeared?: After installing AMD "Radeon Software", another screed with a MS like background appeared...UGH. I have a lock screen, login screen., so what else could this be? When I change the lock screen color it will take and when pressing (Windows-key and the L) it will lock to that...
  9. Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lock Screen: My Pc is not locking after wake up frem sleep . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen/3569f809-8243-494c-84a2-d01e7445ba0d
  10. Lock Screen Not Locking

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen Not Locking: Hey Guys I've had some issues with the Windows 10 lock screen on my Surface Book. When I close the lid it's to set to sleep. When I open the lid half of the time it will use the camera to verify, and half of the time it will have just say swipe lock screen and provides no...