Lock Screen Preview and Lock Screen nuisance

Discus and support Lock Screen Preview and Lock Screen nuisance in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can anyone tell me how to eliminate the lock screen preview and bypass the 'Sign In' button on the lock screen? I often put my computer to sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SomeDudeOnline, Aug 7, 2015.

1. SomeDudeOnline Win User

Can anyone tell me how to eliminate the lock screen preview and bypass the 'Sign In' button on the lock screen?

I often put my computer to sleep then to bring it back (in Windows 7) I would simply hit the space bar and turn on my mouse and it would go straight to my desktop. Now, I hit the space bar turn on my mouse, and it takes me to the lock screen preview then I hit the space bar and it takes me to a lock screen where I have to click 'Sign In' even though I have no password set.

I'm guessing I'll no longer be able to hit the spacebar, turn on my mouse and go directly to the desktop but if I can hit the spacebar, turn on the mouse, then hit the space bar one last time, that would be satisfactory.

:)

SomeDudeOnline, Aug 7, 2015
  2. Linley Meslier Win User

WM6 "Lock" Nuisance Screen

Try this:

Get a registry editor and go to HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies and locate "00001023" and change the value to 1. This should enable the lock option.

Note: Modifying the rgistry can damage your system. You do his at your own risk.

Linley Meslier, Aug 7, 2015
  3. gmichal Win User
    WM6 "Lock" Nuisance Screen

When my Smartphone (Verizon VX-6800) is left alone for more than 20 minutes (the maximum setting), I am foced to enter a password to access the phone. It is an extreme nuisance especially if one uses it constantly throughout the day. I tried setting the
    value to 0 minutes thinking it would disable the feature but it just locks immediately. To get to this screen, go to Start, Settings, Lock. There is a little check box that is checked and greyed-out to turn this feature off but I can't figure out how to get
    the check box to allow the check to be removed. Any ideas?

As an alternative, is there a way to increase the maximum setting to 4 hours or 8 hours?

gmichal, Aug 7, 2015
  4. SomeDudeOnline Win User

Turns out, the instructions I found to not require a password at the sign in screen did the trick for me.

SomeDudeOnline, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

1. Lock Screen Preview and Lock Screen nuisance - Similar Threads - Lock Screen Preview

2. black screen on right side of opening page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    black screen on right side of opening page: We need to fix your Microsoft account(most likely your password has changed). Select here to fix it in Shared experience settings.9.09a...
  3. thread lock

in Windows 10 Customization
    thread lock: how do you unlock thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/thread-lock/bc2e70e7-906d-4504-8e33-5d85a588d762
  4. Desktop Computer goes black screen, then shut off and won't turn on again

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop Computer goes black screen, then shut off and won't turn on again: Hi, Recently one of my friends called me and said that his desktop computer went black screen, then shut off and won't turn back on again. He gave me a camera view of the back of it and the power source light was still on, but again, he couldn't turn the physical PC on...
  5. Windows 10 April Update black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 April Update black screen: I have a Dell Inspiron 14 3451 laptop with Intel Celeron N2840 processor. Each time i try to upgrade to the April update, my laptop works for a few seconds then the screen turns black. I had to downgrade to the Fall creators update as a result. Is this because of the graphics...
  6. Updated: Black screen, little white box that tells me I have lost personal setting, AGAIN,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updated: Black screen, little white box that tells me I have lost personal setting, AGAIN,...: I shut down my laptop last night, get the dreaded black screen, and the little white box that tells me I have lost personal setting, AGAIN, really. Why is this still a problem, and like someone else posted... Why can we not opt out of updates...
  7. Cannot remove old account from login screen

Cannot remove old account from login screen: When I turn on my computer I get the old user ID and have to click on new user ID on bottom left portion of screen to sign in with new user ID. How do I remove the old user ID from login screen?...
  8. How to configure Windows 10 to create Dump Files on Blue Screen of Death

in Windows 10 News
    How to configure Windows 10 to create Dump Files on Blue Screen of Death: [ATTACH] Whenever a Windows computer runs into an error, it shows a BSOD or a Blue Screen of Death. This screen usually comes up for a fraction of second, creates some logs or Dump Files as many other people refer and then suddenly [...] This post How to configure Windows 10...
  9. Windows 10 repositions/resizes programs when locking or switching users

Windows 10 repositions/resizes programs when locking or switching users: This is a common issue among large screen resolutions and has been around since at least 2011 as evident by this post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/is-there-a-way-to-set-windows-7-login-screen/b6b95eb5-736e-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5 Will...
  10. Xbox One Preview Alpha & Skip System Update 1810.180812-1920 - Aug. 15

in Windows 10 News
    Xbox One Preview Alpha & Skip System Update 1810.180812-1920 - Aug. 15: Starting at 2:00 p.m. PDT today, members of the Xbox One Preview Alpha – Skip Ahead and Preview Alpha rings will begin receiving the latest Xbox One system update (1810.180812-1920). Learn more about the new features in development for 1810 here, and read on for a list of...