Lock Screen Preview and Lock Screen nuisance

Discus and support Lock Screen Preview and Lock Screen nuisance in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Can anyone tell me how to eliminate the lock screen preview and bypass the 'Sign In' button on the lock screen? I often put my computer to sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SomeDudeOnline, Aug 8, 2015.

1. SomeDudeOnline Win User

Can anyone tell me how to eliminate the lock screen preview and bypass the 'Sign In' button on the lock screen?

I often put my computer to sleep then to bring it back (in Windows 7) I would simply hit the space bar and turn on my mouse and it would go straight to my desktop. Now, I hit the space bar turn on my mouse, and it takes me to the lock screen preview then I hit the space bar and it takes me to a lock screen where I have to click 'Sign In' even though I have no password set.

I'm guessing I'll no longer be able to hit the spacebar, turn on my mouse and go directly to the desktop but if I can hit the spacebar, turn on the mouse, then hit the space bar one last time, that would be satisfactory.

:)

SomeDudeOnline, Aug 8, 2015
  2. Linley Meslier Win User

WM6 "Lock" Nuisance Screen

Try this:

Get a registry editor and go to HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies and locate "00001023" and change the value to 1. This should enable the lock option.

Note: Modifying the rgistry can damage your system. You do his at your own risk.

Linley Meslier, Aug 8, 2015
  3. gmichal Win User
    WM6 "Lock" Nuisance Screen

When my Smartphone (Verizon VX-6800) is left alone for more than 20 minutes (the maximum setting), I am foced to enter a password to access the phone. It is an extreme nuisance especially if one uses it constantly throughout the day. I tried setting the
    value to 0 minutes thinking it would disable the feature but it just locks immediately. To get to this screen, go to Start, Settings, Lock. There is a little check box that is checked and greyed-out to turn this feature off but I can't figure out how to get
    the check box to allow the check to be removed. Any ideas?

As an alternative, is there a way to increase the maximum setting to 4 hours or 8 hours?

gmichal, Aug 8, 2015
  4. SomeDudeOnline Win User

Turns out, the instructions I found to not require a password at the sign in screen did the trick for me.

SomeDudeOnline, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

Lock Screen Preview and Lock Screen nuisance - Similar Threads - Lock Screen Preview

1. Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen: I am wondering if it is possible to have a separate Pin or Password for the lock screen and sign in screen? For example: My Microsoft Account Pin and Password is known to more than myself in my home. I do not want to change the Microsoft Account Password. If I change the Pin...
  2. Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen & Sign-in Screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen & Sign-in Screen?: I am wondering if it is possible to have a separate Pin or Password for the lock screen and sign in screen? For example: My Microsoft Account Pin and Password is known to more than myself in my home. I do not want to change the Microsoft Account Password. If I change the Pin...
  3. trying to display the weather app on the lock screen

in Windows 10 Support
    trying to display the weather app on the lock screen: trying to display the weather app on the lock screen. I didn't use location for weather, typed in home town for the location. it is not working and only get the oem time and date. is it not possible to do this? side note, I noticed in group policy editor "Disables the lock...
  4. Windows 10 lock screen error

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 lock screen error: I'm having a very odd problem, and I don't think I've seen anything online regarding it. My ASUS Laptop, running windows 10, had suddenly slowed down dramatically, and would take a long time to start up, and it seemed the more times i attempted to fix it the worse things got,...
  5. Lock screen oddities after April update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock screen oddities after April update.: Okay so after April I have noticed that the lock screen upon boot up or restart sometimes, the lock screen will blink the time and date after coming up. It only happens for a sec though. So to test if it would happen upon wake up from sleep, I re enabled password upon wake to...
  6. How to permanently lock/pin part of my screen for some specific window

in Windows 10 Support
    How to permanently lock/pin part of my screen for some specific window: I am sorry I'm having a hard time phrasing my question clearly in a title format. I just want to have an excel sheet open all the time on the right side of my screen and stay there permanently. I tried "Always on Top" application and it's amazing for what it does. But...
  7. windows 10 lock screen -- spotlight does'nt change

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 lock screen -- spotlight does'nt change: I have saved the batch file to another location and added the code you supplied above. Thanks again.
Lock Screen Preview and Lock Screen nuisance solved