Windows 10: Lock Screen Saver independently from lock screen

Discus and support Lock Screen Saver independently from lock screen in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am in a group-work setting and all our lock screen user passwords are the same. I want to change only the screen saver password so if I walk away... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Katie Lacy, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Lock Screen Saver independently from lock screen

I am in a group-work setting and all our lock screen user passwords are the same. I want to change only the screen saver password so if I walk away from my desk another person can't get on my computer. I don't want to change the lock screen user password as they're all universal. If you can't independently change the screen saver is there another option I can use to lock my computer after a certain period of idle time?

:)

Katie Lacy, Nov 17, 2019

2. Screen saver / lock screen

Open Start > Settings > Personalization > Lock screen

Scroll down to the bottom

Click Screen saver settings

Click in the list box

Choose None

Click Apply then OK

Andre Da Costa, Nov 17, 2019
  3. RJDuprey Win User
    Screen Saver Settings / Lock Screen Freeze

when i have tapped and held on background screen.. attempting to find and use a screen saver I see nothing. I have found personalize and the list there which has Colors etc and Lock Screen. Lock Screen was the suggested link to find the Screen Saver but
    if i click / tap it it freezes . This is a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 2 in 1 Laptop with 4 gig ram and a half Tera of drive. Brand New as of yesterday. It seems like a bug. I cant access Screen Saver easily at all. Not sure why Microsoft would change such a common
    feature and make it so difficult to find or how to fix this irritating bug. Can you help me ?

RJDuprey, Nov 17, 2019
  4. lacrumb Win User

Lock Screen Saver independently from lock screen

screen saver, NOT the lock screen

Go Personalization, Lock Screen and at the bottom is Screen saver settings. This is not the Lock screen Slideshow.

lacrumb, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

Lock Screen Saver independently from lock screen

1. Lock Screen Saver independently from lock screen - Similar Threads - Lock Screen Saver

2. Lock screen and screen saver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen and screen saver: In Windows 11, how is it possible to get both the lock screen, and the timed screen saver to display photos, and then to put the computer to sleep after a time.Seem to be able to do one or the other but not both....
  3. Lock screen and screen saver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen and screen saver: In Windows 11, how is it possible to get both the lock screen, and the timed screen saver to display photos, and then to put the computer to sleep after a time.Seem to be able to do one or the other but not both....
  4. Lock Screen slideshow and screen saver option not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen slideshow and screen saver option not working: I wanted to set an image folder for the lock screen and screen saver not the same folder, but as soon as I close the options window thinking it has saved everything, It resets back to my actual image and no screensaver at all...I tried to move the image folders from the...
  5. Lock Screen slideshow and screen saver option not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen slideshow and screen saver option not working: I wanted to set an image folder for the lock screen and screen saver not the same folder, but as soon as I close the options window thinking it has saved everything, It resets back to my actual image and no screensaver at all...I tried to move the image folders from the...
  6. Lock Screen slideshow and screen saver option not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Lock Screen and Screen Saver

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen and Screen Saver: 1. What is the difference in function between the the lock screen and screen saver? 2. Between the two, i.e., lock screen and screen saver, which one would allow the back-up process or any process for that matter to continue to run in the background? Thank you in advance....
  8. Screen Saver & Lock Screen cannot co-exist?

Screen Saver & Lock Screen cannot co-exist?: I just noticed this last week & have tested it a few times. If I go to Settings>Personalization>Background & set Background to Slideshow, my screensaver will show. But then my Lockscreen setting is changed to Picture. If I go to Settings>Personalization>Lockscreen & set the...
  9. screen saver locking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen saver locking: When my computer is idle the screen saver clicks in after the set time of 5 minutes however it won't come back on with the mouse or by pressing any key on the keyboard, I have to switch off, then on again, and then enter pin code and it resumes where it was but its a pain!...
  10. screen saver goes to black screen and locks

screen saver goes to black screen and locks: I am having a problem setting a screen saver on my new Windows 10. When setting a screen saver and selecting "Preview" or setting a screen saver and having it go to it at the appropriate time limit, the screen saver displays properly. However, when hitting a key or mouse...