Windows 10: Lock screen seizing after initial key input; no pin screen

Discus and support Lock screen seizing after initial key input; no pin screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I have had my computer on and running for a long time, sometimes the device will just remove the initial screen and then stop, not blurring the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by iiPostMaster, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Lock screen seizing after initial key input; no pin screen

When I have had my computer on and running for a long time, sometimes the device will just remove the initial screen and then stop, not blurring the lock screen background or opening the pin prompt.

It will stay on this screen for hours before returning to the initial screen, if it even does at all. I can only assume it's due to high ram usage preventing the pin screen application from opening.

Any media I had playing before I locked the screen, such as Spotify or YouTube Auto Play on Google Chrome, will still be playing in the background, and I can hear it through my speakers.

The problem is, every time this happens, it happens while I'm doing something important, and the app that I do my important things on doesn't support automatic saves, so if I have to reboot my computer then I have to hope and pray the file isn't removed from the temporary cache when the device turns back on. Nine times out of ten, it's gone.

Is there anything I can do to remedy this without restarting my computer? Any way to open the task manager on the lock screen?

:)

iiPostMaster, Dec 2, 2019
  2. davidmen1 Win User

No place to sign into Windows 10: No log-in lock screen PIN input field showing; locked out

I made some changes so I could update Windows 10 to the latest release (it wasn't downloading and installing) and now the field to input my four-digit PIN on the initial lock screen doesn't show. I have only four icons showing on the log-in lock screen -
    no field to enter a PIN. So I'm locked out. Any ideas on how to correct this much appreciated.

I tried booting with the shift key held down - it comes up to the same lock screen without the field to enter my PIN, so still locked out. I also tried booting with the enter key held down and do have the ability to get into set-up, the command line, etc,
    but I'm not sure what steps to take to correct the issue that I created.

I'm running Windows 10 (Windows Insider fast release) on a Lenovo Thinkpad X1, 64 bit, in Canada, and don't run any anti-virus other than Windows Defender.

I created this problem by doing a 'clean boot'

davidmen1, Dec 2, 2019
  3. jwshon Win User
    spotlight: cancel pin input screen and back to lock screen

I'm using spotlight as my lock screen. so it's good to see a new and nice background image everyday. when i see a very nice image, i click 'like' button.

but after ready to input pin code, i cannot back to lock screen.(when i just forgot click like button)

sleep and turn-on again is not possible. still same pin input mode.

is there a way to solve this?

jwshon, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Lock screen seizing after initial key input; no pin screen

Enabling input indicator on lock screen and taskbar

Hi,

For you to enable the input indicator or language bar on lock screen and task bar, follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Windows key and select Control Panel.
    • Look for Language, then click it to open.
    • On the left pane, click Advance settings.
    • Under Switching input methods, tick the option Use the desktop language bar when it's available.
    • Click Save to save the changes.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Lock screen seizing after initial key input; no pin screen

1. Lock screen seizing after initial key input; no pin screen - Similar Threads - Lock screen seizing

2. Lock Screen PIN corrupted

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen PIN corrupted: Win 10 boots up to lock screen shows "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your pin again. Set up my pin" Set up my pin doesn't work, and I can't get past this screen. PLEASE help me with how to fix this problem. I can boot to DOS screen with USB...
  3. Lock Screen PIN corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen PIN corrupted: Win 10 boots up to lock screen shows "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your pin again. Set up my pin" Set up my pin doesn't work, and I can't get past this screen. PLEASE help me with how to fix this problem. I can boot to DOS screen with USB...
  4. Lock Screen PIN corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Black screen after initial boot screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after initial boot screen: After the screen with the spinning dots and the Windows logo, the screen goes black. Windows is still responsive and makes sounds. To get it to display, I have to put the laptop to sleep and then wake it up to get it to display. I have tried reinstalling Windows and...
  6. Black screen after initial boot screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after initial boot screen: After the screen with the spinning dots and the Windows logo, the screen goes black. Windows is still responsive and makes sounds. To get it to display, I have to put the laptop to sleep and then wake it up to get it to display. I have tried reinstalling Windows and...
  7. Black screen after initial boot screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Blank screen after inputting PIN

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank screen after inputting PIN: Had microsoft update the other day, tried to log into my HP Envy23 today. When booted up computer, went to the screen requesting PIN as normal. Input correct PIN number, computer accepts and then automatically to blank screen. I execute cntrl/alt/del to go to task manager....
  9. screen lock pin/password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    screen lock pin/password: I simply need to change my pin/password that I have on my laptop. I remember my old one I just need to change it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-lock-pinpassword/2ccf2c9f-29d1-4697-9c40-ba0e2fd6e155
  10. On screen PIN Pad on lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    On screen PIN Pad on lock screen: I have always used a pin to log in to my PC. As of recently, the on-screen PIN pad has started popping up automatically on the lock screen when I wake my pc from sleep. Is there a way to disable the on-screen PIN pad on the lock screen?...