Windows 10: Lock screen setting windows closes automatically after one second

Discus and support Lock screen setting windows closes automatically after one second in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Help--i can't change my lock screen settings...when i open lock screen settings, it closes automatically after one second and it won't allow me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hreich, May 6, 2017.

1. hreich Win User

Lock screen setting windows closes automatically after one second

Help--i can't change my lock screen settings...when i open lock screen settings, it closes automatically after one second and it won't allow me to change settings...desktop wallpaper settings does not have the same problem

:)

hreich, May 6, 2017
  2. JDIDDY_66 Win User

how to stop Windows 10 desktop auto lock after 1 minute of inactivity requiring password

I am operating Windows 10 and my machine automatically goes into lock screen after one minute of inactivity. My settings for screen saver and lock screen are not set for one minute and this automatic one minute lock gets very frustrating. Please assist
    in a solution to stop my machine from automatically going into lock screen after one minute.

JDIDDY_66, May 6, 2017
  3. 5800 - Lock Screen does not put phone into standby?

When you say 'its not as good as it doing it automatically' - It is, because you've just set it to be done automatically! Perhaps your wife changed the settings you've just discussed!

RichH_9000, May 6, 2017
  4. Lock screen setting windows closes automatically after one second

Welcome to the forum hreich, this is a known issue with the latest build and hopefully it will be fixed by the next one.

Navigating to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen may crash Settings app.

Josey Wales, May 6, 2017
Thema:

Lock screen setting windows closes automatically after one second

1. Lock screen setting windows closes automatically after one second - Similar Threads - Lock screen setting

2. Lock screen is blurry settings are locked after 1903 update?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock screen is blurry settings are locked after 1903 update?: In the settings it says "some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization" They are not hidden but I can not change them, so I guess they locked. Any ideas how to fix?...
  3. lock screen appearing after 15 seconds of inactivity

lock screen appearing after 15 seconds of inactivity: So this issue has become increasing frustrating for our end users. After no apparent changes were made random users started reporting that the computer they use would go into screen saver then lock. We have a group policy enabled that keeps the screen saver turned off. We've...
  4. settings, lock screen

settings, lock screen: in window 10, setitngs, lock screen is stock in picture, it doesnt change. i want to change to windows spotlight. any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-lock-screen/5830721d-40a4-48c0-acc9-febe9f88f3be
  5. Windows settings application closes after opening it automatically

Windows settings application closes after opening it automatically: when I try to open settings app it crashes. I also try windows key +i, when I use right-click on the desktop and chose Display setting or Personalize I get this error[ATTACH] other apps like Store, Mail, Photo, Stick Notes works fine. I try this solution but did not work...
  6. Lock Screen Settings.

Lock Screen Settings.: I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330, the lock-screen settings for WINDOWS SPOTLIGHT mode was set in default, which was working fine initially. After few days, the setting changes automatically to the PICTURE mode. Whenever I change the settings to WINDOWS SPOTLIGHT mode, it...
  7. Automatic Closing of Settings

Automatic Closing of Settings: I have a new Windows 10 Laptop. I am not the administrator so I use a local account. Every time I go into the settings to try to do something there is a period of about 10 to 15 seconds and then the app automatically closes. I had previously researched what to do, but I don't...
  8. Cuphead closes seconds after launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cuphead closes seconds after launch: I recently bought Cuphead on the Microsoft Store and initially it ran perfectly. After a few weeks of not using it, I went to play and I could not get sound... so I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. Now I cannot launch the game past the first screen that says Cuphead...
  9. Settings closing few seconds after opening it.

Settings closing few seconds after opening it.: When I try to open settings on windows 10, it shows up for few seconds and closes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/settings-closing-few-seconds-after-opening-it/9064bd52-340a-476d-b259-9ec362da2b82
  10. Lock Screen closing applications

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen closing applications: Hey, so I'm new to windows 10. Cleaned my laptop completely by resetting it and when I tried to install old games using steam had to download the updates again. But now when the screen locks it closes down steam and the updates don't download. This is really frustrating due...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lock sceen closes automatically when selecting lock screen settings