Windows 10: "Lock Screen" Settings Do not Work

Discus and support "Lock Screen" Settings Do not Work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying to defeat screen lock on my system while YouTube uploads a video. If the screen saver engages I only have a few seconds to disengage it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by russsipe, Sep 22, 2017.

1. russsipe Win User

"Lock Screen" Settings Do not Work

I am trying to defeat screen lock on my system while YouTube uploads a video. If the screen saver engages I only have a few seconds to disengage it before the upload locks. I have tried "Never" and "5 hours" as my choices. However after only a few minutes the screen locks and my download freezes and thus fails. Please help.

:)

russsipe, Sep 22, 2017
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Sep 22, 2017
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it "Lock Screen" Settings Do not Work :(

oh gawd wat to do ? "Lock Screen" Settings Do not Work :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram "Lock Screen" Settings Do not Work :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx "Lock Screen" Settings Do not Work :)

musum, Sep 22, 2017
  4. "Lock Screen" Settings Do not Work

Hi russsipe. Welcome to the TenForums @russsipe

Not to challenge you but there seems to be a couple of concepts in your thread. First you talk about screen saver, then I think the Power settings and finally the lock screen.

If you right click in a clear area of your desktop, then personalize, then lock screen and at the bottom of the right hand side you see screen saver. Please set this to none.

I may be off base, not waiting for an answer, is it the screen saver you are having issues with, the power saving feature to reduce power of monitor or is your lock screen engaging?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 22, 2017
  5. russsipe Win User
    Thanks for the response Ken.

Now I understand a bit better. There are two things going on here: the screen lock action, and the power/sleep action. Each have their separate drop downs. I have Screen set of to turn off after 4 hous. I have the PC to go to sleep after 5 hours. I don't know about the the power and screen lock settings but I know that the screen saver pops up after only a few minutes, Where do i change the screen saver to "none"?

To try and make clear, what I and trying to do is stop the computer from taking any action that will interrupt the upload a video to YouTube.

russsipe, Sep 22, 2017
  6. See my original posting.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 22, 2017
  7. russsipe Win User
    Thanks. That did it. I have not turned off the screen saver. Hopefully I can upload the video now. *Biggrin

russsipe, Sep 23, 2017
  8. "Lock Screen" Settings Do not Work

Great. When you get a chance, and assuming it is fixed, please mark your thread solved.

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

"Lock Screen" Settings Do not Work

1. "Lock Screen" Settings Do not Work - Similar Threads - Lock Screen Settings

2. Windows spotlight setting doesn't work for lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows spotlight setting doesn't work for lock screen: I navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen > Personalize your lock screen and choose "Windows spotlight". But the moment I exit and re-enter the personalization menu - it is reverted back to "picture" mode. Things I already tried as troubleshooting1. I checked for...
  3. Windows spotlight setting doesn't work for lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows spotlight setting doesn't work for lock screen: I navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen > Personalize your lock screen and choose "Windows spotlight". But the moment I exit and re-enter the personalization menu - it is reverted back to "picture" mode. Things I already tried as troubleshooting1. I checked for...
  4. Screen Saver settings do not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Saver settings do not work: The screen saver settings lets me set the 'wait time' etc and all looks good after pressing the 'apply and then OK buttons'. However when the wait time is over the saver will not run. I have adjusted/tried all power settings etc even the troubleshooter for power. It found...
  5. Lock Screen Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lock Screen Not Working: I hope someone can help me with this... so last week out off nowhere my lock screen option stopped working, I can not lock the screen using the keys (windows + L or ctrl + alt + delete) nor do I have the option to do it on the sign in bar (or whatever that's called) I only...
  6. Lock screen settings

Lock screen settings: Have a lock screen photo set for over a month, but it stays on all night. I changed the settings to 1 hour and now its become a slideshow of my entire gallery? I can set the picture in lock screen settings, set to pictures, not slideshow or Windows, and its still reverting...
  7. Shutting Off Screen Lock Settings No Longer Works

Shutting Off Screen Lock Settings No Longer Works: I've always shut off screen locking, hibernation, screen saver, and sleep. For as many years as these features have existed, I've turned them off. Around a month ago I started finding my screens blank upon returning to my system after a half hour or so. A click of the...
  8. settings, lock screen

settings, lock screen: in window 10, setitngs, lock screen is stock in picture, it doesnt change. i want to change to windows spotlight. any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-lock-screen/5830721d-40a4-48c0-acc9-febe9f88f3be
  9. Lock Screen Settings.

Lock Screen Settings.: I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330, the lock-screen settings for WINDOWS SPOTLIGHT mode was set in default, which was working fine initially. After few days, the setting changes automatically to the PICTURE mode. Whenever I change the settings to WINDOWS SPOTLIGHT mode, it...
  10. Lock screen not working

Lock screen not working: Hey guys, My Windows 10 Lock screen is not working anymore..... *Sad Everytime i change the lock screen, it is loading but lock screen is not changing. My current lock screen is like this : [img] ^^ PLZZ HELP!! 26343