Windows 10: Lock Screen settings "hidden or managed"

Discus and support Lock Screen settings "hidden or managed" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am unable to set a slideshow for my lock screen on Windows 10, as of most recent update yesterday.It claims some of the settings are "hidden or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AnthonyBasso, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Lock Screen settings "hidden or managed"

I am unable to set a slideshow for my lock screen on Windows 10, as of most recent update yesterday.It claims some of the settings are "hidden or managed" by my "organization"This is a personal computer, it is not on any other network, there is no organization, there have never been any other accounts on this device or Windows installation.

:)

AnthonyBasso, Jan 14, 2022
  2. Raniel V. Win User

"*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization."

Good day! I'm Raniel, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.

I suggest that you perform the steps provided by Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20 on this thread with a similar issue that you're experiencing:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

I hope this helps.

Raniel V., Jan 15, 2022
  3. Steve C Win User
    Lock Screen Problem Solved - "Some Settings are hidden ....."

I noticed the Lock Screen settings on my laptop were greyed out and displayed the message "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation". Nothing was configured in Group Policy.

I solved the problem by setting the Group Policy settings below to Enabled then Not Configured.
    • Computer Configuration / Administrative Templates / Control Panel / Personalization
    • User Configuration / Administrative Templates / Windows Components / Cloud Content
    I've used this trick before to cure similar problems. There is nothing configured in Group Policy but toggling the settings on / off seems to reset a critical registry setting and cure the problem.

Steve C, Jan 15, 2022
  4. Lock Screen settings "hidden or managed"

"Some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation"

I'm getting "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation" in yellow color for the following setting sections in windows 10.

System:

Notification & actions, Multitasking

Personalization:

Lock Screen, Start

Privacy

General

I tried following suggestions to fix the problem.

1. Reset my PC using windows advanced startup option.
    2. follow all the solutions which are mentioned in here. link
    3. Change Diagnostics & feedback to Full.
    4. Reset group-policies for default. link
    5. Restore windows

Please kindly suggest a solution to fix this problem.

NadeeshaniWilliam, Jan 15, 2022
Thema:

Lock Screen settings "hidden or managed"

1. Lock Screen settings "hidden or managed" - Similar Threads - Lock Screen settings

2. On a personally-owned computer, Lock Screen: Some of these settings are hidden or managed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On a personally-owned computer, Lock Screen: Some of these settings are hidden or managed...: I have a personally-owned computer running Windows 10 Pro 22H2.The problem began immediately after allowing Windows Update to install two things on 9/12/2023 and restarting:2023-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB50302112023-09 Cumulative...
  3. On a personally-owned computer, Lock Screen: Some of these settings are hidden or managed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On a personally-owned computer, Lock Screen: Some of these settings are hidden or managed...: I have a personally-owned computer running Windows 10 Pro 22H2.The problem began immediately after allowing Windows Update to install two things on 9/12/2023 and restarting:2023-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB50302112023-09 Cumulative...
  4. On a personally-owned computer, Lock Screen: Some of these settings are hidden or managed...

5. On a personally-owned computer, Lock Screen: Some of these settings are hidden or managed...

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. On a personally-owned computer, Lock Screen: Some of these settings are hidden or managed...

7. Lock Screen settings "hidden or managed"

Lock Screen settings "hidden or managed": I am unable to set a slideshow for my lock screen on Windows 10, as of most recent update yesterday.It claims some of the settings are "hidden or managed" by my "organization"This is a personal computer, it is not on any other network, there is no organization, there have...
  8. Lock Screen settings "hidden or managed"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen settings "hidden or managed": I am unable to set a slideshow for my lock screen on Windows 10, as of most recent update yesterday.It claims some of the settings are "hidden or managed" by my "organization"This is a personal computer, it is not on any other network, there is no organization, there have...
  9. Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organizations...... - Lock screen

Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organizations...... - Lock screen: [ATTACH] Greetings to the Microsoft Community, I have been facing this issue of customizing my lock screen. It always shows the message of "Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization". But my laptop isn't managed by any organization, however, I...
  10. Lock screen -- "*Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization”

Lock screen -- "*Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization”: Hi, I'm having issues with the lock screen settings and now the privacy settings pages. With the "Lock screen" settings page, I can select either Picture or Slideshow, but not Windows Spotlight. [ATTACH] With the "General" privacy page, I cannot change the setting for...