Windows 10: Lock Screen Settings.

Discus and support Lock Screen Settings. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330, the lock-screen settings for WINDOWS SPOTLIGHT mode was set in default, which was working fine initially. After few days,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SidhantGoyal, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Lock Screen Settings.

I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330, the lock-screen settings for WINDOWS SPOTLIGHT mode was set in default, which was working fine initially.

After few days, the setting changes automatically to the PICTURE mode. Whenever I change the settings to WINDOWS SPOTLIGHT mode, it automatically changes to PICTURE mode and shows images of people (maybe they are famous) whom I even don't know, the images aren't even downloaded by me.

I have attached a screenshot of the settings page in which I have highlighted the pictures which are being shown to me on the lock-screen, and I don't know anyone of them except A.R. Rahman. And even if I know him, what will I do looking at his picture at my lock-screen every time I log-in in my computer.

I couldn't figure out how to change it forever and stop seeing useless embarrassing photos of unknown people.

Regards.
    Lock Screen Settings. fbd51e03-a53f-4ca7-815d-f6fd167cafeb?upload=true.jpg

:)

SidhantGoyal, Nov 7, 2018

2. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Lock Screen Image Too Big

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue occurs only when the pictures are set from OneDrive?

I suggest you to set the picture for the lock screen using the default lock screen pictures and check whether the issue persist or not, follow the below steps to set the pictures.

• Go to “settings” and click on “personalization”.
    • Under “lock screen” tab, select the option from the drop box as “picture”.
    • Then under “choose your picture” option, click on any picture and go to the lock screen, check whether the issue persists or not.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Lock Screen Settings.

Lock screen photo

Hi,

To change the
    lock screen photo, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Settings.

• Choose
      Personalization.

• On the left side of the screen, click on
      Lock screen.

• In the
      Background, change it to
      Picture.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Lock Screen Settings.

1. Lock Screen Settings. - Similar Threads - Lock Screen Settings

2. Sleep and lock screen settings problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep and lock screen settings problem: Hi,My computer screen locks after about 5 minutes no matter what I change in my computer's power, lock screen and sleep settings. I have to log in again every time my computer monitor goes to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity.At this point I believe the problem might be...
  3. Lock Screen settings "hidden or managed"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen settings "hidden or managed": I am unable to set a slideshow for my lock screen on Windows 10, as of most recent update yesterday.It claims some of the settings are "hidden or managed" by my "organization"This is a personal computer, it is not on any other network, there is no organization, there have...
  4. Lock Screen settings "hidden or managed"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen settings "hidden or managed": I am unable to set a slideshow for my lock screen on Windows 10, as of most recent update yesterday.It claims some of the settings are "hidden or managed" by my "organization"This is a personal computer, it is not on any other network, there is no organization, there have...
  5. Lock screen settings

Lock screen settings: Have a lock screen photo set for over a month, but it stays on all night. I changed the settings to 1 hour and now its become a slideshow of my entire gallery? I can set the picture in lock screen settings, set to pictures, not slideshow or Windows, and its still reverting...
  6. Setting Permanent LOCK SCREEN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting Permanent LOCK SCREEN: How can I set a permanent lock screen picture on my windows 10 computer? I have a specific picture that I want to always be the lock screen but every time I play a song on Groove Music, the computer automatically changes the lock screen image to whatever picture is associated...
  7. The "lock screen" settings change automacally

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The "lock screen" settings change automacally: Recently, I found my lock screen settings changed into "Pictures"it used to be "Windows Spotlight". I've tried to set it again but after minutes when I lock my PC it shows some pictures instead of Windows Spotlight". Please help me change the settings back to "Windows...
  8. Win10 Lock Screen Settings Inaccessible

Win10 Lock Screen Settings Inaccessible: Hello, I wanted to change the pic on my Win 10 (64 Bit) lock screen but the only thing that is functional on it is the ability to add an app to it. I have a message in yellow at the top that says, "*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization". This...
  9. Lock Screen and Background settings

Lock Screen and Background settings: Can someone explain why my pictures on my Lock Screen and Background randomly change to Album Art picture I never even browsed. I reset to the pictures I want and within an hour they are changed out again. Then tell me how I can stop it from happening....
  10. settings, lock screen

settings, lock screen: in window 10, setitngs, lock screen is stock in picture, it doesnt change. i want to change to windows spotlight. any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-lock-screen/5830721d-40a4-48c0-acc9-febe9f88f3be