Windows 10: Lock screen showing up when PC going to sleep mode

Discus and support Lock screen showing up when PC going to sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; hello, Since one of the latest updates, when i click the power button for sending the PC to sleep, the lock screen flashes for an instant then goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Gabrio-81, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Gabrio-81 Win User

Lock screen showing up when PC going to sleep mode

hello,

Since one of the latest updates, when i click the power button for sending the PC to sleep, the lock screen flashes for an instant then goes into sleep. it has never done like that say 6 months ago.

With the most recent update that i have installed today, and i am now on 18362.267 it seems worse, the lock screen comes back for like half second and then goes to standby.

any ideas? also the startup menu when there is hybernation enabled, looks weird as if there's one more line.

my pc is an ASUS VivoBook S15 S510UQ or at least give me some help, updating drivers or such.

please fix this.

thanks,
    Gabrio

:)

Gabrio-81, Jul 27, 2019
  2. PJS
    pjs Win User

PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock

I am using my work computer. It's a laptop with a power connection (not running on battery.) The laptop is hocked up to two monitors (a total of three monitors, counting the laptop's own screen - I usually keep my laptop closed, however.)
    Since I am at work I always lock the screen when I leave my computer. (I use the windows+L shortcut to lock the screen.) This all works fine.

However, after about a minute the computer goes into sleep mode / hibernation. At least I think it does, because the two monitors goes black - and it takes a few seconds to "wake up the system" (the monitors doesn't come back to life immediately when I press a key on the keyboard / move the mouse, as they would if a screen saver was active.)
    This is very annoying if I step away from my computer for only a short while (like going to the bathroom.)

Here's what I want:
    With power (not running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 15 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

Without power (running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 5 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

My best bet is that this is some sort of power saving scheme thingie, but I can't seem to figure out how to configure it to do what I want. Can someone please help me with a step-by-step guide to configure my system the way I want? Thank you.

3. eeps24 Win User
    When I lock my windows screen it tries to go in sleep mode.

I have a custom built PC (built last year) and recently when I lock my windows screen, after a few seconds it tries to go in sleep mode then it wakes itself up on its own then few seconds later it tries again.

1. I lock my screen
    2. after i lock it, it brings me to my lock screen ....it shows me the time and the temperature (its how i configured my lock screen via windows settings)
    3. after about 8-10 seconds my dual monitors go pitch black (the power buttons remain blue and don't go off).
    4. on its own, its as if its waking itself up, the monitors come back to my lock screen (also the monitor displays HDMI as if the monitor shut down and showing you the input its currently on).
    5. repeat steps 2-4 (if I leave my computer locked it just repeats this cycle on its own)

I dont know if its related or not, but when ever this happens, in my event viewer it shows "event 10016" The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID.

I have all my power settings to tell the PC not to sleep, I have all power savings options related to monitor and PC off. I have no screen saver. When I am logged in windows, if I let the PC just sit there, I don't have this issue. Its only when I lock my computer.

eeps24, Jul 27, 2019
  4. Rhina Vib Win User

Lock screen not working on sleep

Hi Polly,

To be able to lock your screen while on Sleep mode, you can follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type Sign in and hit
      Enter.
    • Select the option When PC wakes up from sleep under Require Sign-in.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Lock screen showing up when PC going to sleep mode - Similar Threads - Lock screen showing

2. PC not going into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC not going into sleep mode: For some reason over the past couple of days my pc won't go into sleep mode despite the fact that I have set the screen and the pc to go off after 10 minutes. It isn't working either when I click on 'Shut Down or Sign Out' and then choose 'Sleep'. When I do that it...
  3. PC going to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC going to sleep mode: From time to time, I have a YouTube video playing (via Google Chrome), and walk away from my PC. The videos are usually 8-10 hours long. I have noticed that the PC will still go to sleep mode. Any idea why? Thanks submitted by /u/circatee [link] [comments]...
  4. Windows10 Shows Locking and go to sleep mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows10 Shows Locking and go to sleep mode: [IMG] My laptop shows this screen continuesly going to sleep mood. How can i solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-shows-locking-and-go-to-sleep-mode/703c66e5-b9c8-454e-9a8b-8e02ec603b0c
  5. Lock screen pops up when pressing sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lock screen pops up when pressing sleep mode: hello, I have updated all drivers and latest NVIDIA driver as well! I reported this 1000 times and I am a bit frustrated *Sad please watch https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wsn4l0v2e6mj3i/sleep_showing_lock_screen_problem_win10.mp4?dl=0 now it doesn't last AS LONG as the video...
  6. Lock screen showing up when going to sleep

Lock screen showing up when going to sleep: hi there, since at least 3 months I noticed that when I click the power button for having the PC go to sleep mode, the lock screen will pop up for like half second, and then it will go to standby. This definitely didn't happen when I set up the PC and some time ago it...
  7. Win 10 showing lock screen when going to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 showing lock screen when going to sleep: hi there, since about 6 months, with one of the last updates, the PC started something odd, and my wife's computer is doing exactly the same, 2 laptops, one asus one lenovo.. so when you click power button for going into sleep mode, the lock screen flashes back for like...
  8. Sleep mode locks the screen

Sleep mode locks the screen: When I click on Windows / Power / Sleep mode, it often locks the screen instead. When I repeat the procedure it finally makes my Dell XPS 13 notebook sleep. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-locks-the-screen/496ae348-9ba0-4b59-a006-138444ffc174
  9. Lock screen showing up with PC going to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock screen showing up with PC going to sleep: hello, Since one of the latest updates, when i click the power button for sending the PC to sleep, the lock screen flashes for an instant then goes into sleep. it has never done like that say 6 months ago. With the most recent update that i have installed today, and i am...
  10. When I lock my windows screen it tries to go in sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    When I lock my windows screen it tries to go in sleep mode.: I have a custom built PC (built last year) and recently when I lock my windows screen, after a few seconds it tries to go in sleep mode then it wakes itself up on its own then few seconds later it tries again. 1. I lock my screen 2. after i lock it, it brings me to my...