Windows 10: Lock screen showing up with PC going to sleep

Discus and support Lock screen showing up with PC going to sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hello, Since one of the latest updates, when i click the power button for sending the PC to sleep, the lock screen flashes for an instant then goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gabgab, Jul 27, 2019.

1. gabgab Win User

Lock screen showing up with PC going to sleep

hello,

Since one of the latest updates, when i click the power button for sending the PC to sleep, the lock screen flashes for an instant then goes into sleep. it has never done like that say 6 months ago.

With the most recent update that i have installed today, and i am now on 18362.267 it seems worse, the lock screen comes back for like half second and then goes to standby.
    any ideas? also the startup menu when there is hybernation enabled, looks weird as if there's one more line.

my pc is an ASUS VivoBook S15 S510UQ or at least give me some help, updating drivers or such.

please fix this.

thanks,
    Gabrio

:)

gabgab, Jul 27, 2019
  2. Rhina Vib Win User

Lock screen not working on sleep

Hi Polly,

To be able to lock your screen while on Sleep mode, you can follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type Sign in and hit
      Enter.
    • Select the option When PC wakes up from sleep under Require Sign-in.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Jul 27, 2019
  3. eeps24 Win User
    When I lock my windows screen it tries to go in sleep mode.

I have a custom built PC (built last year) and recently when I lock my windows screen, after a few seconds it tries to go in sleep mode then it wakes itself up on its own then few seconds later it tries again.

1. I lock my screen
    2. after i lock it, it brings me to my lock screen ....it shows me the time and the temperature (its how i configured my lock screen via windows settings)
    3. after about 8-10 seconds my dual monitors go pitch black (the power buttons remain blue and don't go off).
    4. on its own, its as if its waking itself up, the monitors come back to my lock screen (also the monitor displays HDMI as if the monitor shut down and showing you the input its currently on).
    5. repeat steps 2-4 (if I leave my computer locked it just repeats this cycle on its own)

I dont know if its related or not, but when ever this happens, in my event viewer it shows "event 10016" The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID.

I have all my power settings to tell the PC not to sleep, I have all power savings options related to monitor and PC off. I have no screen saver. When I am logged in windows, if I let the PC just sit there, I don't have this issue. Its only when I lock my computer.

eeps24, Jul 27, 2019
  4. Lock screen showing up with PC going to sleep

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

Lock screen showing up with PC going to sleep

1. Lock screen showing up with PC going to sleep - Similar Threads - Lock screen showing

2. On-Screen Keyboard Showing Up On Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On-Screen Keyboard Showing Up On Lock Screen: The On-Screen Keyboard keeps showing up on the lock screen when I hit space or any other key for that matter by default. For example:1. I put the computer to sleep2. I hit space to wake the computer3. The lock screen showing the time shows up, all is normal.4. I hate space...
  3. On-Screen Keyboard Showing Up On Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On-Screen Keyboard Showing Up On Lock Screen: The On-Screen Keyboard keeps showing up on the lock screen when I hit space or any other key for that matter by default. For example:1. I put the computer to sleep2. I hit space to wake the computer3. The lock screen showing the time shows up, all is normal.4. I hate space...
  4. Windows10 Shows Locking and go to sleep mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows10 Shows Locking and go to sleep mode: [IMG] My laptop shows this screen continuesly going to sleep mood. How can i solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-shows-locking-and-go-to-sleep-mode/703c66e5-b9c8-454e-9a8b-8e02ec603b0c
  5. PC won't lock after going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC won't lock after going to sleep: This is a problem for me, because I want to be sure that if I accidentally forget to lock it manually, it will lock on it's own and not be open for everybody. I have set the sleep mode to be 10 minutes of inactivity. I have also been to the Sign-in settings and set the...
  6. Lock screen showing up when going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lock screen showing up when going to sleep: hi there, since at least 3 months I noticed that when I click the power button for having the PC go to sleep mode, the lock screen will pop up for like half second, and then it will go to standby. This definitely didn't happen when I set up the PC and some time ago it...
  7. Win 10 showing lock screen when going to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 showing lock screen when going to sleep: hi there, since about 6 months, with one of the last updates, the PC started something odd, and my wife's computer is doing exactly the same, 2 laptops, one asus one lenovo.. so when you click power button for going into sleep mode, the lock screen flashes back for like...
  8. Lock screen showing up when PC going to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lock screen showing up when PC going to sleep mode: hello, Since one of the latest updates, when i click the power button for sending the PC to sleep, the lock screen flashes for an instant then goes into sleep. it has never done like that say 6 months ago. With the most recent update that i have installed today, and i am...
  9. Computer will not go to sleep (lock screen) via timeout

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer will not go to sleep (lock screen) via timeout: So I have been having this problem for a couple of months and I do not know what to do. I have tried so many different things from many posts and I can't find anything that works. A few months ago I replaced my boot drive with an SSD drive. I did this by plugging in the SSD,...
  10. Lock screen apps not showing up on lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen apps not showing up on lock screen: I've tried searching through the forum but can't see anyone who has a similar issue. I can access the lock screen settings and I can see all available apps and have set a detailed status app and a couple of less detailed ones. However, when I actually get to the lock...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus laptop display goes to sleep for only a few seconds