Windows 10: Lock Screen slideshow not working

Discus and support Lock Screen slideshow not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have seen this question asked many times over the 4 years since Windows 10 came out. Those questions are now locked so I'm asking again - I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoannaParry, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Lock Screen slideshow not working

I have seen this question asked many times over the 4 years since Windows 10 came out. Those questions are now locked so I'm asking again - I have tried many different "solutions" to this problem and the best I have managed is a manual workaround.

When the laptop is left, instead of the lock screen the lock screen background picture comes up - no date, time, Cortana info etc is shown.

If you click to log in there is a brief flash of a random photo from the lock screen images I have set, then the log in screen appears with the same static picture, but with time, date etc showing. If this screen is left to time out, then the slideshow plays successfully.

So if I leave my laptop and want to return to the lock screen slide show I need to type Win + L to lock the screen then click on something to bring up the log in screen before I get up. This is a frustrating manual work around.

Has Microsoft yet worked out what the glitch is?

Is there a fix?

And if not, why not???

:)

JoannaParry, Apr 18, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

windows 10 lock screen slideshow timing...

Hello Andrew,

I understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps. Refer to the below steps:

• Type Lock screen in the search bar and press enter

• Select Advanced Slideshow settings

• Click on Turn off screen after slideshow has played for and select the time limit
    Let us know if you need more information and we'll be happy to assist.

Arul_D, Apr 18, 2019
  3. JoeShades Win User
    Lock Screen Slideshow

So i just tried the lock screen slideshow when the date changed to march 1st and now it works again, WTF?

JoeShades, Apr 18, 2019
  4. Lock Screen slideshow not working

Lock Screen Slideshow

My first step in troubleshooting a network wide problem on February 29th from now on is going to be to roll back the date and see what happens. It's caused by the leap year strangely enough, it will work fine tomorrow. Also if you change the date it will fix the problem. Thanks Microsoft... *Huh

Kortehgehn, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

Lock Screen slideshow not working

1. Lock Screen slideshow not working - Similar Threads - Lock Screen slideshow

2. Lock Screen Slideshow not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen Slideshow not working: I am trying to use the 'Slideshow' mode in 'Lock Screen' settings but the slide show only appears when my laptop goes to the lock screen automatically. If I press any button to go to the 'sign-in' menu or restart my laptop or press Windows + L, the 'Picture' mode appears...
  3. Lock Screen Slideshow not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen Slideshow not working: I am trying to use the 'Slideshow' mode in 'Lock Screen' settings but the slide show only appears when my laptop goes to the lock screen automatically. If I press any button to go to the 'sign-in' menu or restart my laptop or press Windows + L, the 'Picture' mode appears...
  4. Locks Screen slideshow not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locks Screen slideshow not working: As title says, locks screen is STILL BROKEN after 3 YEARS or more. I've fixed it after last reinstall somehow. After installing Win11 i was kind of hopeful that this would actually get fixed LOL XD. How do i fix this?What i've tried:Picture folder is working, desktop...
  5. Locks Screen slideshow not working

Locks Screen slideshow not working: As title says, locks screen is STILL BROKEN after 3 YEARS or more. I've fixed it after last reinstall somehow. After installing Win11 i was kind of hopeful that this would actually get fixed LOL XD. How do i fix this?What i've tried:Picture folder is working, desktop...
  6. slideshow on lock screen not working

slideshow on lock screen not working: I have set up a slideshow on the lock screen on windows 11 and assigned a folder of photos to it but when I go to the lock screen to check if it is working or not. The slideshow is not working and the photo which shows on the screen is from the picture option on the lock...
  7. slideshow on lock screen not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slideshow on lock screen not working: I have set up a slideshow on the lock screen on windows 11 and assigned a folder of photos to it but when I go to the lock screen to check if it is working or not. The slideshow is not working and the photo which shows on the screen is from the picture option on the lock...
  8. Slideshow for Lock Screen does not work?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slideshow for Lock Screen does not work?: Hey, Turning on the "Slideshow" feature within the lock screen settings does not rotate any images from within the folder I chose. Instead it only displays the most recently selected photo on my lock screen without change. Has anyone had this issue and found a fix?...
  9. Lock Screen Spotlight and Slideshow not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Spotlight and Slideshow not work: Lock Screen Spotlight and Slideshow not work. I tried select different folder for Lock Screen Slideshow but it shows only 1 default static image from Picture Lock Screen option. Spotlight shows default static picture too. I tired to change settings and restart pc and tried to...
  10. Lock screen slideshow not working (intermittant!)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock screen slideshow not working (intermittant!): I have spent days on the net trying to find a solution to my problem. When I first setup the slideshow it worked fine. Then, out of the blue, it stopped working (due to an update I thought) But since then it comes and goes. It can work for a few hours but soon goes back to...