Windows 10: lock screen slideshow suddenly stopped working

Discus and support lock screen slideshow suddenly stopped working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I noticed a few days ago that the slideshow on the lock screen wasn't working anymore. I don't recall making any changes to settings and no new updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/alphat19, Feb 29, 2020.

1. lock screen slideshow suddenly stopped working

I noticed a few days ago that the slideshow on the lock screen wasn't working anymore. I don't recall making any changes to settings and no new updates were installed. My desktop slideshow was also misbehaving - I had to reset the folder with images and it appears to be working - but only the desktop - not lockscreen. Any tips?

submitted by /u/alphat19
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/alphat19, Feb 29, 2020

2. Lock Screen Slideshow

My first step in troubleshooting a network wide problem on February 29th from now on is going to be to roll back the date and see what happens. It's caused by the leap year strangely enough, it will work fine tomorrow. Also if you change the date it will fix the problem. Thanks Microsoft... *Huh

Kortehgehn, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    windows 10 lock screen slideshow timing...

Hello Andrew,

I understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps. Refer to the below steps:

• Type Lock screen in the search bar and press enter

• Select Advanced Slideshow settings

• Click on Turn off screen after slideshow has played for and select the time limit
    Let us know if you need more information and we'll be happy to assist.

Arul_D, Feb 29, 2020
  4. JoeShades Win User

lock screen slideshow suddenly stopped working

Lock Screen Slideshow

Suddenly the lock screen slideshow no longer works, it just stays at one picture. I have not made any changes to the folders i have set and there have been no windows updates recently. I tried logging out, I tried restarting but nothing works. What could be causing this

JoeShades, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

lock screen slideshow suddenly stopped working

1. lock screen slideshow suddenly stopped working - Similar Threads - lock screen slideshow

2. Lock Screen Slideshow not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen Slideshow not working: I am trying to use the 'Slideshow' mode in 'Lock Screen' settings but the slide show only appears when my laptop goes to the lock screen automatically. If I press any button to go to the 'sign-in' menu or restart my laptop or press Windows + L, the 'Picture' mode appears...
  3. Lock Screen Slideshow not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen Slideshow not working: I am trying to use the 'Slideshow' mode in 'Lock Screen' settings but the slide show only appears when my laptop goes to the lock screen automatically. If I press any button to go to the 'sign-in' menu or restart my laptop or press Windows + L, the 'Picture' mode appears...
  4. Locks Screen slideshow not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locks Screen slideshow not working: As title says, locks screen is STILL BROKEN after 3 YEARS or more. I've fixed it after last reinstall somehow. After installing Win11 i was kind of hopeful that this would actually get fixed LOL XD. How do i fix this?What i've tried:Picture folder is working, desktop...
  5. Locks Screen slideshow not working

Locks Screen slideshow not working: As title says, locks screen is STILL BROKEN after 3 YEARS or more. I've fixed it after last reinstall somehow. After installing Win11 i was kind of hopeful that this would actually get fixed LOL XD. How do i fix this?What i've tried:Picture folder is working, desktop...
  6. slideshow on lock screen not working

slideshow on lock screen not working: I have set up a slideshow on the lock screen on windows 11 and assigned a folder of photos to it but when I go to the lock screen to check if it is working or not. The slideshow is not working and the photo which shows on the screen is from the picture option on the lock...
  7. slideshow on lock screen not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slideshow on lock screen not working: I have set up a slideshow on the lock screen on windows 11 and assigned a folder of photos to it but when I go to the lock screen to check if it is working or not. The slideshow is not working and the photo which shows on the screen is from the picture option on the lock...
  8. Lock Screen Slideshow stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Slideshow stopped working: I have Slideshow selected for my Lock Screen background Win > Settings > Personalization > Lock Screen, with "Pictures" folder selected under "Choose albums for your slideshow". Since last weekend, above "Choose albums..." it now says "You need more than one picture to...
  9. The Lock Screen Slideshow All of the Sudden No Longer Works

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The Lock Screen Slideshow All of the Sudden No Longer Works: Today, I woke my computer out of sleep mode, and for some reason the slideshow option for my lock screen background has just quit working on me. This has happened all of the sudden too, as I have not installed or uninstalled any windows updates, PC manufacturer updates, or...
  10. Lock Screen slideshow not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen slideshow not working: I have seen this question asked many times over the 4 years since Windows 10 came out. Those questions are now locked so I'm asking again - I have tried many different "solutions" to this problem and the best I have managed is a manual workaround. When the laptop is left,...