Windows 10: Lock Screen Slideshow Time Out

Discus and support Lock Screen Slideshow Time Out in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I used to use a reg file for Windows 8.1 to customize the time until the screen turns off during the Lock Screen Time Out. I want to know if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pepanee, Aug 17, 2016.

1. pepanee Win User

Lock Screen Slideshow Time Out

Hello, I used to use a reg file for Windows 8.1 to customize the time until the screen turns off during the Lock Screen Time Out. I want to know if that command still applies for Windows 10.

The reg file command is:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Lock Screen]
    "SlideshowDuration"=dword:000493e0
    (where the screen turns off after 5 minutes).

I have the formula to figure out what you need to calculate to insert after "dword" for the amount of time until the screen times out (goes black). Ask me for the formula... as long as the above works.

Thanks

:)

pepanee, Aug 17, 2016
  2. JSWilsonx Win User

Turn off display and sleep mode problem

Do you have the lock screen set to slideshow? If so, you should see a note saying that the display time out and sleep will not function as long as the lock screen is set to slideshow.

After changing the lock screen from slideshow to picture then my display would turn off.

JSWilsonx, Aug 17, 2016
  3. Screen off after 1 minute regardless of personalisation settings after Win10 upgrade.

Generally, the Lock Screen Slideshow, Screensaver, and the Power Settings all combine to figure out when your system will time out.

zachd [MSFT], Aug 17, 2016
  4. pepanee Win User

Never mind. I went into the Registry and checked it out.

Yes, the same exact rules apply here like in Windows 8.1

pepanee, Aug 17, 2016
Thema:

1. Lock Screen Slideshow Time Out - Similar Threads - Lock Screen Slideshow

2. Lock Screen SlideShow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen SlideShow: Hello!I have a small issue.I was personalising my computer and when I finished I was really excited!However, when I turned off my computer and turned it back on, a photo that's not in my slideshow folder, appeared. It's agitating as I'm setting up a theme and a random photo...
  3. Lock Screen SlideShow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen SlideShow: Hello!I have a small issue.I was personalising my computer and when I finished I was really excited!However, when I turned off my computer and turned it back on, a photo that's not in my slideshow folder, appeared. It's agitating as I'm setting up a theme and a random photo...
  4. Lock Screen Slideshow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen Slideshow: When I try to set a folder in my files as my lock screen slideshow, they disappear from the folder stating "no items match your search", as if there are no photos in the folder. However, this same folder is successfully being used as my background slideshow. For example, If I...
  5. Lock Screen Slideshow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen Slideshow: When I try to set a folder in my files as my lock screen slideshow, they disappear from the folder stating "no items match your search", as if there are no photos in the folder. However, this same folder is successfully being used as my background slideshow. For example, If I...
  6. Lock Screen Slideshow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Slideshow: Windows 10 Version 2004 Build 19041.450 Lock Screen not able to use slideshow feature. I am able to change photo. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-slideshow/121e2b4d-05d9-4cd3-9e5e-089a591c7f33
  7. "Lock Screen Slideshow" For The Desktop Slideshow

"Lock Screen Slideshow" For The Desktop Slideshow: Hello, You are familiar with how the Lock Screen Slideshow plays, where it sometimes puts one image on the whole screen and slides to the left or right / fades the picture away, and loads multiple pictures sometimes, varying by size, and other fancy variations, etc. Has...
  8. Lock Screen Slideshow

Lock Screen Slideshow: Suddenly the lock screen slideshow no longer works, it just stays at one picture. I have not made any changes to the folders i have set and there have been no windows updates recently. I tried logging out, I tried restarting but nothing works. What could be causing this 42422
  9. Lock Screen Slideshow

Lock Screen Slideshow: Ok guys has anyone got the slideshow to work on your lock screen yet, i have tried everything including deleteing a particular file in screen folder to making new files everywhere and still nothing, when i press WIN + L it works great but the minute i reboot my PC nothing the...
  10. Lock screen time-out

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lock screen time-out: Is there any way to keep the lock screen from shutting me down if I don't do anything on the keyboard for a minute or 2 minutes, or whatever it is? I followed some instructions that I found on the internet that involve adding ".bak" or ".backup" to the lock screen file in...