Windows 10: Lock screen sometimes expects CTRL-ALT-DEL, tho not set for that

Discus and support Lock screen sometimes expects CTRL-ALT-DEL, tho not set for that in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; About 10-20% of the time when I turn on this system, the lock screen will just display nothing. I have Win10 Pro ver 2004. I remembered once that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by latimer, Sep 8, 2020.

1. latimer Win User

Lock screen sometimes expects CTRL-ALT-DEL, tho not set for that

About 10-20% of the time when I turn on this system, the lock screen will just display nothing. I have Win10 Pro ver 2004. I remembered once that pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL brings up the logon screen, which it does. However, I also use Winaero Tweaker, with which I disabled CTRL-ALT-DEL at logon. What else can I do to keep this option disabled? Thanks.

dL

:)

latimer, Sep 8, 2020
  2. Abreu10 Win User

App activity when ctrl-alt-del screen lock is on

using Win10 education version
    when a user is logged on to a network, can apps that are in use still communicate out to the network when the user locks the screen with ctrl-alt-del to step away from their computer for a few minutes?

Abreu10, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

The whole Ctrl+Shift+Esc should be used to get that crazy screen with those options and Ctrl+Alt+Del should bring up TM.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Sep 8, 2020
  4. jonmcc33 Win User

Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

On a domain you won't get Task Manager when you hit Ctrl+Alt+Del. You get a crazy screen with a bunch of options.

Ctrl+Shift+Esc has always brought up just the Task Manager, even back to Windows XP days. You just weren't aware of it. *Wink Lock screen sometimes expects CTRL-ALT-DEL, tho not set for that ;)

Go ahead, try it in Windows XP too.

jonmcc33, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Lock screen sometimes expects CTRL-ALT-DEL, tho not set for that - Similar Threads - Lock screen sometimes

2. Stuck on the Windows 10 Lock Screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL Not Responding

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck on the Windows 10 Lock Screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL Not Responding: I have a user stuck on the Windows 10 lock screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL is enabled, but not responding. All he gets is a flash on the screen. We have tried multiple keyboards and I ran a startup repair, following steps 1 and 2 on...
  3. ctrl+alt+del not working sometimes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ctrl+alt+del not working sometimes: I noticed lately some of our machines, when they go to sleep hitting any key or ctrl+alt+del does not bring the login screen - it’s just flickers and goes away. Users have to reboot the machine which sucks. Anybody seen this issue before? submitted by /u/Poutcheki [link]...
  4. Lock/login screen sometimes requires ctrl+alt+del to enter password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lock/login screen sometimes requires ctrl+alt+del to enter password: Whenever I lock the computer with WIN+L, most of the time I can press any key on the keyboard and it will bring up the password field. But sometimes, completely at random, it will ignore all keys and only bring up the password field if I press ctrl+alt+del. There's no pattern...
  5. ctrl-alt-del login sometimes not required

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    ctrl-alt-del login sometimes not required: Running Enterprise v. 1909 I enabled the login to requre "ctrl-alt-delete", and enabled "do not show last user" But once in a while when my computer boot up, it would go straight to the login promt and bypassing the "ctrl-alt-delete" requirement. Again, this happens once a...
  6. App activity when ctrl-alt-del screen lock is on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App activity when ctrl-alt-del screen lock is on: using Win10 education version when a user is logged on to a network, can apps that are in use still communicate out to the network when the user locks the screen with ctrl-alt-del to step away from their computer for a few minutes? 144964
  7. Ctrl+alt+del settings changed?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ctrl+alt+del settings changed?: Today I went to use my laptop and when I was finished I went to shut down my laptop. Well for some reason when I clicked ctrl alt del, the only option that it was giving me was to lock my computer and nothing else, no sign out or shut down. I didn't alter any settings and...
  8. black screen Ctrl+Alt+Del

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen Ctrl+Alt+Del: Windows 10 all updates installed 4770K Asus 7970 top 3 GB 16GB ddr 3 SSD Evo 250gb for windows and a few games with around 90GB free space HDD 1TB A few times recently my computer didnt boot into windows.. A few times it booted to black screen with 'ctrl+alt+del restart'.....
  9. Ctrl+Alt+Del

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ctrl+Alt+Del: When I start the computer it is locked. It is asking for Ctrl+Alt+Del to be entered. When I do this there is no response. I cannot get to the password entry; the keyboard doesn't respond. How do I fix this?...
  10. Lock screen is black, has to use Ctrl-Alt-Del

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock screen is black, has to use Ctrl-Alt-Del: Sometimes when I try to wake from sleep, the lock screen does not show up and I have to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to force to the login screen , not the lock screen. The login screen has name, profile picture and password. 44748