Windows 10: Lock Screen Spotlight and Slideshow not work

Discus and support Lock Screen Spotlight and Slideshow not work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Lock Screen Spotlight and Slideshow not work. I tried select different folder for Lock Screen Slideshow but it shows only 1 default static image from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SomaCruz10, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Lock Screen Spotlight and Slideshow not work

Lock Screen Spotlight and Slideshow not work. I tried select different folder for Lock Screen Slideshow but it shows only 1 default static image from Picture Lock Screen option. Spotlight shows default static picture too. I tired to change settings and restart pc and tried to use some solutions by searching in the internet, but this didn't helped me.

:)

SomaCruz10, Jan 16, 2020
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Lock screen slideshows nonfunctioning

Hi all
    Long time, no see! Anyways i'm having a problem with the lock screen on my laptop. I initially wanted to have the Windows spotlight feature run, and that is not working. (ie I set spotlight in Settings and it just keeps default background.) I then resolved to download the app SpotBright off the Windows store, this downloads the spotlight images onto the PC so you can set the lock screen to slide show mode and use that file. Its also cool because now I can use the windows spotlight images as my desktop wallpaper slideshow as well.

But - even setting the lock screen to slideshow does not work. The lock screen background stays defaulted to the default rock wallpaper, occasionally switching to the cyclist going down the hill above the clouds.

Basically, my lock screen background switcher is broken.

Any help is appreciated, cheers guys !

Maltesespace, Jan 16, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Lock Screen Spotlight and Slideshow not work

Windows Spotlight/Lock screen

Hi, after many attempts, I got Spotlight back up and running. 'Like what you see' had disappeared, and the image wasn't changing when Spotlight was selected.

I'm not sure which of this sequence proved effective. Maybe some combination.

Note:
    1. Spotlight worked in another account if I switched to it.
    2. Deleting all images (they are jpg's with no extension) in
    %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assetsdid not solve the problem but the folder was repopulated when I enabled Spotlight. (Some report this not happening).

3. Simply switching to Picture from Spotlight, and back again and trying the Lock screen did not help
    4. Re-registering all apps for the current account as suggested in one post did not help. (Note- there's no specific registration instruction related to Spotlight in the tutorial list).

5. What worked? Finally, I made a random decision to 'Choose an app to show detailed status' (on the lock screen). I chose Weather.
    This worked.

What stopped it working? I think possibly disabling the lock screen using Winaero's tweaker, then enabling it again.

dalchina, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Lock Screen Spotlight and Slideshow not work

1. Lock Screen Spotlight and Slideshow not work - Similar Threads - Lock Screen Spotlight

2. Lock Screen Slideshow not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen Slideshow not working: I am trying to use the 'Slideshow' mode in 'Lock Screen' settings but the slide show only appears when my laptop goes to the lock screen automatically. If I press any button to go to the 'sign-in' menu or restart my laptop or press Windows + L, the 'Picture' mode appears...
  3. Lock Screen Slideshow not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen Slideshow not working: I am trying to use the 'Slideshow' mode in 'Lock Screen' settings but the slide show only appears when my laptop goes to the lock screen automatically. If I press any button to go to the 'sign-in' menu or restart my laptop or press Windows + L, the 'Picture' mode appears...
  4. lock screen spotlight not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lock screen spotlight not working: I'm no longer getting a picture on the lock screen, as when I log on. I just get a black screen with the date/time. I've disabled BitDefender, as someone suggested that, but it made no difference. I have selected a picture instead of Spotlight, and that works. However, I'd...
  5. lock screen spotlight not working

lock screen spotlight not working: I'm no longer getting a picture on the lock screen, as when I log on. I just get a black screen with the date/time. I've disabled BitDefender, as someone suggested that, but it made no difference. I have selected a picture instead of Spotlight, and that works. However, I'd...
  6. Locks Screen slideshow not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locks Screen slideshow not working: As title says, locks screen is STILL BROKEN after 3 YEARS or more. I've fixed it after last reinstall somehow. After installing Win11 i was kind of hopeful that this would actually get fixed LOL XD. How do i fix this?What i've tried:Picture folder is working, desktop...
  7. Locks Screen slideshow not working

Locks Screen slideshow not working: As title says, locks screen is STILL BROKEN after 3 YEARS or more. I've fixed it after last reinstall somehow. After installing Win11 i was kind of hopeful that this would actually get fixed LOL XD. How do i fix this?What i've tried:Picture folder is working, desktop...
  8. slideshow on lock screen not working

slideshow on lock screen not working: I have set up a slideshow on the lock screen on windows 11 and assigned a folder of photos to it but when I go to the lock screen to check if it is working or not. The slideshow is not working and the photo which shows on the screen is from the picture option on the lock...
  9. slideshow on lock screen not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slideshow on lock screen not working: I have set up a slideshow on the lock screen on windows 11 and assigned a folder of photos to it but when I go to the lock screen to check if it is working or not. The slideshow is not working and the photo which shows on the screen is from the picture option on the lock...
  10. Lock Screen slideshow not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen slideshow not working: I have seen this question asked many times over the 4 years since Windows 10 came out. Those questions are now locked so I'm asking again - I have tried many different "solutions" to this problem and the best I have managed is a manual workaround. When the laptop is left,...