Windows 10: Lock screen suddenly needs alt-ctrl-del to get out of

Discus and support Lock screen suddenly needs alt-ctrl-del to get out of in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Suddenly, without me changing any settings, the lock screen requires (invoked by pressing <WINDOWS>-<L>) me to press <ALT>-<CTRL>-<DEL> before I can... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SlickRCBD, Dec 17, 2019.

1. SlickRCBD Win User

Lock screen suddenly needs alt-ctrl-del to get out of

Suddenly, without me changing any settings, the lock screen requires (invoked by pressing <WINDOWS>-<L>) me to press <ALT>-<CTRL>-<DEL> before I can enter my password to resume using the computer. Before it would respond to any key, or just prompt me to enter the password. The only thing I knew of that would do this was for the Welcome screen, which is unaffected. Also, I checked the setting for that, and it is unchecked. How do I make it so that I don't need to hit <ALT>-<CTRL>-<DEL> before I can enter my password?

Lock screen suddenly needs alt-ctrl-del to get out of 696dff0d-80c2-44aa-b3a3-0e112055feb0?upload=true.png

I'm sharing the house with other people, and they might see me walking away from the computer as an invitation to use it, so I frequently lock it so they don't mess up what I have open and forces them to log in with their own accounts.

:)

SlickRCBD, Dec 17, 2019
  2. Abreu10 Win User

App activity when ctrl-alt-del screen lock is on

using Win10 education version
    when a user is logged on to a network, can apps that are in use still communicate out to the network when the user locks the screen with ctrl-alt-del to step away from their computer for a few minutes?

Abreu10, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

The whole Ctrl+Shift+Esc should be used to get that crazy screen with those options and Ctrl+Alt+Del should bring up TM.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Dec 17, 2019
  4. jonmcc33 Win User

Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

On a domain you won't get Task Manager when you hit Ctrl+Alt+Del. You get a crazy screen with a bunch of options.

Ctrl+Shift+Esc has always brought up just the Task Manager, even back to Windows XP days. You just weren't aware of it. *Wink Lock screen suddenly needs alt-ctrl-del to get out of ;)

Go ahead, try it in Windows XP too.

jonmcc33, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Lock screen suddenly needs alt-ctrl-del to get out of - Similar Threads - Lock screen suddenly

2. Stuck on the Windows 10 Lock Screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL Not Responding

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck on the Windows 10 Lock Screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL Not Responding: I have a user stuck on the Windows 10 lock screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL is enabled, but not responding. All he gets is a flash on the screen. We have tried multiple keyboards and I ran a startup repair, following steps 1 and 2 on...
  3. Stuck on the Windows 10 Lock Screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL Not Responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on the Windows 10 Lock Screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL Not Responding: I have a user stuck on the Windows 10 lock screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL is enabled, but not responding. All he gets is a flash on the screen. We have tried multiple keyboards and I ran a startup repair, following steps 1 and 2 on...
  4. CTRL + ALT + DEL delayed

CTRL + ALT + DEL delayed: Hello, Recently I've had a couple of users report a very long delay after hitting CTRL + ALT + DEL One came into the help desk and I can confirm that it can take up to 10 minutes. The users machine was Windows 10 Version 2004. Lenovo Thinkpad T14. I disabled all non...
  5. Locked out of my computer, can't input ctrl alt del

Locked out of my computer, can't input ctrl alt del: So here is the issue I have: I'm running windows 10 on a lenovo laptop. My enter key is currently broken, so in a moment of absolute and shining brilliance I bound my delete key to the enter key... I now have seemingly no way to log into my computer because I can't press...
  6. App activity when ctrl-alt-del screen lock is on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App activity when ctrl-alt-del screen lock is on: using Win10 education version when a user is logged on to a network, can apps that are in use still communicate out to the network when the user locks the screen with ctrl-alt-del to step away from their computer for a few minutes? 144964
  7. black screen Ctrl+Alt+Del

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen Ctrl+Alt+Del: Windows 10 all updates installed 4770K Asus 7970 top 3 GB 16GB ddr 3 SSD Evo 250gb for windows and a few games with around 90GB free space HDD 1TB A few times recently my computer didnt boot into windows.. A few times it booted to black screen with 'ctrl+alt+del restart'.....
  8. Ctrl+Alt+Del

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ctrl+Alt+Del: When I start the computer it is locked. It is asking for Ctrl+Alt+Del to be entered. When I do this there is no response. I cannot get to the password entry; the keyboard doesn't respond. How do I fix this?...
  9. How to get out of screen saver without using ctrl alt del

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get out of screen saver without using ctrl alt del: My computer has for some time not allowed me to resume after going to the screen saver. If you press any key the screen goes blank. The only way to get back to using the computer is ctrl alt delete and the press cancel. Any help would be appreciated. 71394
  10. Lock screen is black, has to use Ctrl-Alt-Del

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock screen is black, has to use Ctrl-Alt-Del: Sometimes when I try to wake from sleep, the lock screen does not show up and I have to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to force to the login screen , not the lock screen. The login screen has name, profile picture and password. 44748

Users found this page by searching for:

1. avg antivirus lock screen ctrl alt del