Windows 10: Lock screen takes ages to load or doesn't load at all

Discus and support Lock screen takes ages to load or doesn't load at all in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi. About a month back, my PC started having an issue, whereby when I press the power button to wake it from sleep, Windows 10's lock screen either... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Francis J E Mudrak, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Lock screen takes ages to load or doesn't load at all

Hi.

About a month back, my PC started having an issue, whereby when I press the power button to wake it from sleep, Windows 10's lock screen either takes ages to load and display the time, or doesn't load at all and stays at a blank screen. Specifically, when the lock screen is meant to be there, it's just my background from Spotlight or whatever that background thing is called; the time and date aren't on the screen, and I can't dismiss it to enter my PIN. If it does manage to load, the password will time out, so I have to enter my PIN twice to sign in. If I hold the power button to force power off, and then boot up again, the lock screen works fine. Weirdly enough, it takes much less time if I close Oracle VM VirtualBox and disconnect my other monitor well, TV actually beforehand; any idea as to why? This doesn't happen to any of my other Windows 10 devices.

:)

Francis J E Mudrak, Nov 23, 2020
  2. DanielYX Win User

Long Loading Time for Lock Screen

Hello Pawan, thank you for the reply!

I've tried all of the steps that you've given me. Unfortunately, none of them made a difference except for the clean boot step. It didn't completely solve the problem, however I did notice a
    slightly faster load time for the lock screen. However, it still takes an unusually long time to load it. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

DanielYX, Nov 23, 2020
  3. pandaxWP Win User
    Can´t load pictures in search

When I use search (cortana or typing, doesn´t matter) to look for pictures they don´t load. They are just stuck on the black loading screen with the loading circle rolling and nothing happens. I have Lumia 950 and as far as I know I have the latest upgrades.
    This problem didn´t disappear even after I erased my phone and restored factory settings.
    Lock screen takes ages to load or doesn't load at all 91cd2b8f-cc2b-420e-8272-24edd957ecd0.png

pandaxWP, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Lock screen takes ages to load or doesn't load at all

Windows 10 latest build not pre loading at login screen

I just re enabled hibernation and fast startup but that doesn’t help. Their is 0 pre load at the login screen

Steven Campoli, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Lock screen takes ages to load or doesn't load at all

1. Lock screen takes ages to load or doesn't load at all - Similar Threads - Lock screen takes

2. WSL does not load and takes ages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL does not load and takes ages: Hi I have been using WSL from more than an year however from last few weeks my WSL does not launch . I am using the Microsoft Terminal to launch . I have tried updating WSL and restarting windows several times but no luck . Can anyone please help how to fix it ? I dont want...
  3. WSL does not load and takes ages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSL does not load and takes ages: Hi I have been using WSL from more than an year however from last few weeks my WSL does not launch . I am using the Microsoft Terminal to launch . I have tried updating WSL and restarting windows several times but no luck . Can anyone please help how to fix it ? I dont want...
  4. WSL does not load and takes ages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Update page takes AGES to load.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update page takes AGES to load.: Okay, I've HAD it! Today I tried updating my computer to the 20H2 version because of a game I'm playing at the moment that's being glitchy. But tried turning it off for a couple seconds and then back again. Tried pausing it for 7 days and continuing it back again, but the...
  6. Age of Mytholigy not loading!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Age of Mytholigy not loading!: I recently installed age of mythology on my new computer there were no problems during installation. So after I ran the game and the animations played then the screen went black and the loading icon appeared on my mouse and it wont load the game. Please help. Thank you....
  7. Windows Explorer takes ages to load

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer takes ages to load: Up until yesterday, Windows Explorer was running fine. Then I accidentally downloaded some adware which must have changed things up a bit. I managed to get rid of the adware, but did so using a program called Revo Uninstaller. Once it had uninstalled the adware, I...
  8. Outlook takes ages to load

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook takes ages to load: Hi all. Ever since I synced my email I have had a problem with all Microsoft sites taking ages to load. Can someone tell my what I can do about this? thanks 25624
  9. Web pages taking ages to finish loading

in Browsers and Email
    Web pages taking ages to finish loading: I use Win10 on a fast broadband connection (100Mbps) will lowish ping rates. I notice that more and more web sites are taking a long time to finish loading. They start very fast indeed, but are incomplete and it can take up to a minute before the screen has finished...
  10. Download folder takes an age to load

in Windows 10 Support
    Download folder takes an age to load: Every other folder in File Explorer opens virtually immediately to show all contents but why does the Download folder have to reload the contents, which takes quite some time, the first time the folder is accessed after switching on. [img] 8226