Windows 10: Lock Screen Text Colour

Discus and support Lock Screen Text Colour in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was going through Lock Screen settings the other day but I cant find any way to change the Time/Date from the default White, is this possible ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Stephanie, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Stephanie Win User

Lock Screen Text Colour

I was going through Lock Screen settings the other day but I cant find any way to change the Time/Date from the default White, is this possible ?

Lock Screen Text Colour [​IMG]

:)

Stephanie, Jul 25, 2016
  2. avagarden Win User

New accent colours

Will there be an update for more theme colours. I love the lock screen and home screen pics of 8.1 preview for developers. It makes the home screen really funky. The only thing id like is more theme colour like a colour wheel of many colours and include
    intensity sliders too. Would be cool

avagarden, Jul 25, 2016
  3. ahmed512 Win User
    6300 Can't Change Standy Screen Font Colour..???'

hi!! I can''t change the font colour on the standby screen. That is, if you set a wallpaper that is very light in colour down near the bottom of the screen, where the soft key and menu options would be written on the screen, you cant see any menu text
    as it is written in white. Series 40 Nokias therefore have a menu ( Menu > Settings > Display > Standby Font Colour ) where you can change this. The problem is however, when you set it to another colour like red or whatever, it doesn''t actually DO anything
    on my new 6300 phone - when you go back to your Standby screen with the light wallpaper on, the text is STILL in white. I DO notice however that it does change this text colour for the text used as part of the active standby screen, if you have this turned
    on. But for me at least, changing the colour of the active standby font, has no effect on the text menus at the bottom of the screen... :S

Does anyone else also experience this?

ahmed512, Jul 25, 2016
  4. kimkl Win User

Lock Screen Text Colour

kimkl, Jul 25, 2016
  5. kimkl Win User
    Is the Phone "i Will call it unlocked its not the right word" but do not wish to give any advise on breaking the warranty there are apps like clock builder and such in the store, but again its not my Phone so any real customization on a stock phone is limited

kimkl, Jul 25, 2016
  6. Stephanie Win User
    Hi Kimkl this is a Desktop Computer, OS Windows 10 Pro x64bit

Maybe @Cliff S may have changed this in one of his Themes ?

Stephanie, Jul 26, 2016
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Good morning @Stephanie,

I don't know if it is possible, but, I doubt such a change would carry over in a .theme pack.
    If I knew where the key was, then I would have to probably make a extra reg file,
    like I used to have to do, for inactive title bar colors, until Microsoft finally "fixed" it.

But right now, I don't know where the key is, as I have never thought of this.

Cliff S, Jul 26, 2016
  8. Stephanie Win User

Lock Screen Text Colour

Good morning Cliff and thank you for your answer *Smile

Stephanie, Jul 26, 2016
  9. Superfly Win User
    When changing the lockscreen pic - a transparent background gets a grey setting - assume to compensate for the white-only text? If we can change that I'd also like to know. *Wink

Superfly, Jul 26, 2016
  10. Edwin New Member
    Only by switching to a High Contrast theme:

For regular themes, the attributes for that are probably written up in a big, long manifest somewhere.

Edwin, Aug 1, 2016
  11. Edwin New Member
    There seems to be many 'layers' or 'curtains' that make up the Lock Screen App.
    First, there's the 'Splash' screen, which shows dark grey if you are showing lock screen image on the sign in screen, (unless you manipulate it with an image at C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy\Assets)

then there's the Lock Screen with image,

and the Sign-in screen with either your accent color or the background image;

and... the Welcome screen which only shows your accent color from a cold boot.

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Lock Screen Text Colour

1. Lock Screen Text Colour - Similar Threads - Lock Screen Text

2. Windows 10 lock screen stuck on Theme Colour

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 lock screen stuck on Theme Colour: Hi, sometimes when I leave my laptop on “Lock”, I come back after 10 minutes to see the entire screen covered in my Windows 10 theme colour. I am unable to interact with anything on the screen, I am only able to move my mouse around, but it just stays stuck on the theme...
  3. Edge tab text colour.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge tab text colour.: I like Edge browser but find the black tab text page description difficult to read unless i have a light tab background which i am not keen on, is there a simple way of changing it to white like in Chrome? Thanks in advance. 177111
  4. Text/Highlight Menu Colour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text/Highlight Menu Colour: Hi, First off can I say many thanks to the Guys here who helped me getting back into Windows 10. I am now running Windows 10 1903 and one very small change I have noticed is that when I do a right click on a menu the text highlight is a white/cream colour (Image below) which...
  5. screen colour

screen colour: My screen in Windows 10 is a lurid pink in colour. I don't know how it got that way. I want it back to greyscale, and have followed all the instructions I can find online including removing colour filters and ensuring greyscale is set without being able to remove the pink....
  6. screen colour

screen colour: my screen colours are very dull - how can I correct this. Tried a few things but cant get it right https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-colour/faed0f9d-00a6-4526-a6ac-31dd2ff631e0
  7. monitor text and background colours

monitor text and background colours: I am using a HP Pavilion 500 PC and a HP 23" 500 Pavilion monitor with Windows 10. I want to change text from black on a white background, to a white text on a black background in all Windows folders (with the usual coloured icons on Desktop). How do I accomplish...
  8. Lock Screen text too large

Lock Screen text too large: The Time and Date on the lock screen are TOOO large. How can I change it to a manageable size? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-text-too-large/9b3e63ee-28bb-47cf-be1a-ab7a3179e861
  9. Text Colours

Text Colours: My Desktop normally shows text in black and / or green - can I change the green text to a more readable colour? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/text-colours/e2164841-5989-4f69-9713-9870d6fd1dc9
  10. screen colour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen colour: i have a notebook asus f556u with lastest version of windows 10, my monitor is perfectly calibrated because i'm a digital illustrator. some windows update ago, when i start my monitor, after some time like 10 minutes, the color of my screen change in a blue tint. example a...