Windows 10: Lock Screen to login doesn’t recognize facial recognition and won’t type PIN

Discus and support Lock Screen to login doesn’t recognize facial recognition and won’t type PIN in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I set up my new pro surface laptop yesterday with facial recognition and the 4 digit PIN. Today when I went to login the facial recognition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Hope RC, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Hope RC Win User

Lock Screen to login doesn’t recognize facial recognition and won’t type PIN

Hello,I set up my new pro surface laptop yesterday with facial recognition and the 4 digit PIN. Today when I went to login the facial recognition didn’t recognize my face and made me type the PIN code. When I try to type the 4 numbers they don’t show up on the screen in the PIN code bar. I can’t get logged in and those are the only sign in options that show up. EDIT: It works now. Just had to restart it

:)

Hope RC, Nov 30, 2022

2. Facial recognition and pin not working for login

I have NO idea where to put this one, and I can't find anything online.

Dell Precision 7740. 5 months old. Dell has replaced the motherboard twice, second time MB and memory. It's working today, but the facial recognition and pin don't work. They haven't worked since the first MB replacement.

The technician that replaced the MB told me it wouldn't work 'til it was re-set up.

Login using password. Go to Accounts>Sign in options. It SAYS my pin is there. I have removed it and recreated it.
    Open Windows Hello face and hit set up. Opens and says "Get Started". Hit that. It pops up and requires my PIN. I enter it, it flashes and disappears...

At LOGIN, in the sign-in options is the Pin. When I select the Pin I get:
    Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. You can set up your PIN again by going to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options...

I've BEEN in the *&^%$#@ sign-in options over and over. It SAID my pin was set. I changed it. I rebooted. I still can't log in with the pin. I tried again to set the facial recognition. It has me enter the pin then closes.

What does changing the motherboard have to do with using a pin or facial recognition in the first place? And WHAT do I have to do to get this thing to accept the pin and use the Windows hello face?

GracieAllen, Nov 30, 2022
  3. Facial recognition and PIN login Issues

Hi again community,

I posted about these issues a few days ago and got a response but after going through most of the suggested ideas my problems persist, I even took the drastic measure of 'Resetting' Windows, which lost me most of the apps on my laptop despite choosing the keep data etc option. Even that hasn't solved the issues.

So my continuing issues are :-

1. Prior to upgrading from Win 10 to Win 11, I used facial recognition to login to my laptop upon opening it, this would remove the lock screen and I could continue without the need to enter any further PIN or Password. This was still the case for the first couple of days after upgrading, then after a couple of updates that changed. If I open the laptop the camera recognises me and opens but doesn't remove the lock screen, I get my profile picture and Hello message then 'Login Options' appears below. If I click that I get the 'Password', 'PIN' and 'Facial Recognition' symbols appear, but if I click 'Facial Recognition' nothing happens. If I select the PIN option I get my second issue.

2. When I enter my PIN I get the following message 'Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available (code: 0x80090027) Restart your device to see if that works'. I have tried restarting but to no avail.

As mentioned above I have tried most of the suggestions (which seemed to mainly be directed if the camera wasn't detected, mine is), I've tried resetting and removing both the PIN an FR options but still the issues are there. The only way I can fully sign in is by password. Only one of the suggestions given before seemed to point at a possible reason for FR not working, it sent me searching for the 'HelloFace.inf' file and said to re-install it. I couldn't find it and can't seem to find anywhere to download it from.

Please help as I'm starting to get frustrated after-all what is the point of having Biometric sign in if you then still have to enter a password?

TIA Anthony

AnthonyBrownUK, Nov 30, 2022
  4. Ramon CQ Win User

face recognition and PIN login problem

I have a brand new Microsoft Surface Laptop running Windows 10. After the initial startup and setting of a new PIN and face recognition the it automatically updated. On attempting to login face recognition attempted to engage and login several times until
    that locked as a sign in option. The next logical step is the PIN, but the message on the start screen reads "Your PIN no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. You can setup your PIN again by going to Settings\ Accounts\
    Sign-in options."

This obviously is not accessible as the PIN appears to have been disabled after the update. How do I login to the laptop without a PIN or facial recognition? There is notan option available to reset PIN or password. And, how do I avoid this conundrum in
    the future.

Thank you, RC

Ramon CQ, Nov 30, 2022
Thema:

1. Lock Screen to login doesn’t recognize facial recognition and won’t type PIN - Similar Threads - Lock Screen login

2. Lock Screen to login doesn’t recognize facial recognition and won’t type PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen to login doesn’t recognize facial recognition and won’t type PIN: Hello,I set up my new pro surface laptop yesterday with facial recognition and the 4 digit PIN. Today when I went to login the facial recognition didn’t recognize my face and made me type the PIN code. When I try to type the 4 numbers they don’t show up on the screen in the...
  3. Facial recognition and PIN login Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facial recognition and PIN login Issues: Hi again community,I posted about these issues a few days ago and got a response but after going through most of the suggested ideas my problems persist, I even took the drastic measure of 'Resetting' Windows, which lost me most of the apps on my laptop despite choosing the...
  4. Facial recognition and PIN login Issues

Facial recognition and PIN login Issues: Hi again community,I posted about these issues a few days ago and got a response but after going through most of the suggested ideas my problems persist, I even took the drastic measure of 'Resetting' Windows, which lost me most of the apps on my laptop despite choosing the...
  5. Facial recognition

Facial recognition: Up until a couple of weeks ago, the facial recognition on my Surface Pro 8 had been working flawlessly. It then started giving me the error message that it couldn't turn on my camera and that I needed to use my PIN. I have tried removing the device in device manager and...
  6. Facial recognition and pin not working for login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Facial recognition and pin not working for login: I have NO idea where to put this one, and I can't find anything online. Dell Precision 7740. 5 months old. Dell has replaced the motherboard twice, second time MB and memory. It's working today, but the facial recognition and pin don't work. They haven't worked since the...
  7. Facial recognition and PIN issues

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Facial recognition and PIN issues: I have just downloaded the latest windows 10 update but now my facial recognition says I need a PIN to set it up, but once I've logged in with my password the only possible option to log in now I go into account setting etc and am told my PIN is set up and working and facial...
  8. Facial Recognition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Facial Recognition: Hi! Am I able to install facial recognition on my Samsung Galaxy book2? I have been trying to but the option does not show, only fingerprint and PIN. Thanks Cindy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facial-recognition/0dbbf103-e0bf-448b-98d7-6bfa7cdf6c4e
  9. Camera on but not allowing facial recognition on lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera on but not allowing facial recognition on lock screen: Running Windows 10 on Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series. Facial recognition to open lock screen used to work, now can't and asking for password. I checked in Settings and camera is on for all apps. Any thoughts? Thanks....
  10. Facial recognition

Facial recognition: Industry received my new dell Inspiron 7000 series. When I turned it on it wanted to load the fast access application, so I let it. It then asked me to reboot, so I did that too. I didn't set up the fast access face recognition before I rebooted and now the fast access screen...