Windows 10: Lock screen trivia features are opening in Edge when Edge is not set as the default browser

Discus and support Lock screen trivia features are opening in Edge when Edge is not set as the default browser in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've chosen a non-Edge browser as my default in Windows 10. The lock screen offers casual-interest links, usually related to geography. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrianBrazill, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Lock screen trivia features are opening in Edge when Edge is not set as the default browser

I've chosen a non-Edge browser as my default in Windows 10. The lock screen offers casual-interest links, usually related to geography. I'm discouraged from clicking these links because they always open in Edge, rather than my chosen default browser. How can I get them to open in the default browser?

:)

BrianBrazill, Jun 29, 2020
  2. Adam Win User

How do I change the default lock screen browser back to Windows Edge

I was able to figure this out. It was kind of what I was expecting, but I couldn't figure out how to change default app settings in Windows 10 for some reason.

1. From the Windows Start, search for "default app settings"
    2. In the "Default apps" screen that appears, scroll to the bottom to find the "Set defaults by app" link
    3. Find Microsoft Edge on the left side panel
    4. Click the "Choose defaults for this program" link on the bottom of the main pane.
    5. In the "Protocols" section, look for "MICROSOFT-EDGE" (Description "URL:microsoft-edge"). In my case this was the other browser.
    6. Click the checkbox next to "MICROSOFT-EDGE" and Save.
    7. The links on the lock screen now open in Edge successfully.

It would be nice if they opened in the other browser, but I was able to fix this annoyance.

3. setting microsoft edge as default browser

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you in setting Edge as default browser. I understand the difficulty when things don't work the way it should.

Please follow the below steps to know how to set Edge as a default browser:

1. Type Default Program in Search.

2. Click on Default Programs to open Default Programs.

3. Choose Edge and set as Default program.

Hope this information is helpful. Please reply with the results. I will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Lock screen trivia features are opening in Edge when Edge is not set as the default browser

How to set Microsoft Edge as default browser.

Hi,

I would suggest you to try the steps below and check again.

1. Press Windows key + I to open settings.

2. Click System and click default apps.

3. Click web browser and select Microsoft edge.

Hope this helps.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Lock screen trivia features are opening in Edge when Edge is not set as the default browser

1. Lock screen trivia features are opening in Edge when Edge is not set as the default browser - Similar Threads - Lock screen trivia

2. Default browser setting will not stick including Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default browser setting will not stick including Edge: We have multiple Windows 10 Pro machines where the default browser for any domain user will be set to nothing upon login. We can set the default browser to Edge or anything else, but as soon as the user signs out and back in the setting is lost and there is no default set,...
  3. Set Edge as Default Browser through GPO

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set Edge as Default Browser through GPO: Hi All, I am trying to set the default browser to Edge for all computers in my company's domain via a GPO. We are fully a Windows 10 shop, and I have followed Microsoft's instructions on how to do this for Windows 10, but the default browser is not being changed to Edge....
  4. Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge: Usually web links open correctly in the default browser that I've selected under Settings > Apps > Default Apps. But some web links seemto ignore this and always open in Edge. Here's an example - a weblink from Settings > Personalization>Taskbar: [ATTACH] Surely ALL...
  5. Unable to Open links in mail, edge is default browser

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to Open links in mail, edge is default browser: Unable to Open links in mail, edge is default browser. I have always had them open in edge when I clicked on them, now they say Unable to Open [html], I checked that edge is still my default browser....
  6. Search opens Edge despite default browser not being Edge.

in Cortana
    Search opens Edge despite default browser not being Edge.: If I click the Start button on my keyboard and start typing, the start menu is eventually going to show me a "Best Match". If I click the "Best Match" when it's a website, Edge will start, loading Bing results for whatever I've entered as a search term. Three things wrong...
  7. Cannot set Edge as default browser on Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot set Edge as default browser on Windows 10: Edge does not appear on the default browser list. [img] 113324
  8. Cannot set Edge as default browser | Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot set Edge as default browser | Windows 10: Edge does not appear on the default browser list. [img] 113324
  9. cant open edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    cant open edge browser: hi all;i cannot open the edge browser.The blue page only comes on for a few seconds then goes off.I have tried deleting my other browsers so edge is the only one but it still does the same thing.Would living in the uk have any bearing on this?Your help is needed. thank you...
  10. Problem setting default browser to any alternative to Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Problem setting default browser to any alternative to Edge: I have not had a problem setting the default browser, which for some time has been Maxthon. But suddenly (perhaps due to the April update?) not only has Edge taken over, I cannot now find a way to change it. When I go to default apps in Settings I am only offered the choice...