Windows 10: Lock Screen: Unable to type PIN code after computer wakes up from sleep.

Discus and support Lock Screen: Unable to type PIN code after computer wakes up from sleep. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This is an interesting bug. About 50% of the time when I wake my computer up from sleep it will not allow me to type in any numbers from the 10-key or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JeremyMoran1, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Lock Screen: Unable to type PIN code after computer wakes up from sleep.

This is an interesting bug. About 50% of the time when I wake my computer up from sleep it will not allow me to type in any numbers from the 10-key or from 1-0 on the keyboard. My two workarounds is to click on the Ease of Access button in the bottom right, then enable/disable on-screen keyboard. Then it will allow me to type. My other workaround is to just simply reboot.

Build:

CPU: AMD FX8350 Black Edition
    RAM: g.skill 32GB

Motherboard: Gygabyte I forget the chipset

GPU: EVGA nVidia GTX 1070 Ti SSC 8GB
    Monitor: MSI Optix 4k Curved Monitor
    Peripherals: Corsair Keyboard and Mouse, Logitech Pro Stream Camera/Mic, Logitech Joystick, Logitech Speakers
    Software/drivers: Windows 10 Pro, Corsair iCUE, AVG A/V, MS 365, Chrome.
    Overlays: GeForce Experience, Blizzard, Steam, Epic Games, Xbox for PC, Discord, and Origin.

Thank you very much for you help. I suspect it might be something 3rd party affecting my lock screen.

Best Regards.

:)

JeremyMoran1, Jan 19, 2021
  2. Rhina Vib Win User

Lock screen not working on sleep

Hi Polly,

To be able to lock your screen while on Sleep mode, you can follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type Sign in and hit
      Enter.
    • Select the option When PC wakes up from sleep under Require Sign-in.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Jan 19, 2021
  3. blocked entry box pin-code on the lock screen

Hi Valeriy,  

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I am sorry you've had a bad experience.  I ensure you, we will help you with this issue

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following queries:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Are you not able to enter pin code in the lock screen?

I suggest you to use On-Screen keyboard and check if can enter the pin code.

Use the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) to type

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Keishikun Win User

Lock Screen: Unable to type PIN code after computer wakes up from sleep.

On screen PIN Pad on lock screen

I have always used a pin to log in to my PC. As of recently, the on-screen PIN pad has started popping up automatically on the lock screen when I wake my pc from sleep. Is there a way to disable the on-screen PIN pad on the lock screen?

Keishikun, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Lock Screen: Unable to type PIN code after computer wakes up from sleep.

1. Lock Screen: Unable to type PIN code after computer wakes up from sleep. - Similar Threads - Lock Screen Unable

2. My computer blue screens after waking up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer blue screens after waking up from sleep.: Hi, I just built my computer, I am noticing that its crashing to blue screen and restarting after it wakes up from sleep. Is there anyone that can help me determine a solution?I see that a minidump may help determine the problem if someone could help me, that would be much...
  3. My computer blue screens after waking up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer blue screens after waking up from sleep.: Hi, I just built my computer, I am noticing that its crashing to blue screen and restarting after it wakes up from sleep. Is there anyone that can help me determine a solution?I see that a minidump may help determine the problem if someone could help me, that would be much...
  4. Computer does not wake up from sleep or lock screen properly - with a black screen or an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer does not wake up from sleep or lock screen properly - with a black screen or an...: HelloMy laptop has been having issues as of late.When the screen turns off both when I lock it and when it turns dark by itself, I often have trouble with it starting it again.2 things might happen:The screen lights up but is black.The lock screen appears, but does not...
  5. Computer does not wake up from sleep or lock screen properly - with a black screen or an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer does not wake up from sleep or lock screen properly - with a black screen or an...: HelloMy laptop has been having issues as of late.When the screen turns off both when I lock it and when it turns dark by itself, I often have trouble with it starting it again.2 things might happen:The screen lights up but is black.The lock screen appears, but does not...
  6. PIN used in waking up computer after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PIN used in waking up computer after sleep: Many times I use the sleep mode when not using my computer. When I try to wake it up I get the following: Pin not available Error code 0x8009002d I can get back in using my password. When I initially start up the computer the PIN works. I usually disconnect from the...
  7. INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR After waking up computer from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR After waking up computer from sleep: Greetings, 4 days after I reinstalled my OS my PC starts to not turn on after it automatically sleeps but after I turning it, it works but when I check Event viewer it gives me critical error and it says INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR. Btw I've already update and reinstall my...
  8. Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode: When my computer goes to sleep, I have to do a hard reset to wake it up by pressing the power button and restarting. I can hear it operating, but it will not turn the screen on. I have been trying to fix it for a few weeks, so I can't even remember all the things I have done...
  9. Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode: When my computer goes to sleep, I have to do a hard reset to wake it up by pressing the power button and restarting. I can hear it operating, but it will not turn the screen on. I have been trying to fix it for a few weeks, so I can't even remember all the things I have done...
  10. After KB4346084 computer wakes from sleep with Magnifier locked up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After KB4346084 computer wakes from sleep with Magnifier locked up: My system is Win10 x64 on Dell XPS 8920. I never had any problems with Magnifier until KB4346084. Magnifier is on when the computer goes to sleep. When I wake the computer my mouse works but the keyboard is locked up, can't enter my PIN (and it repeats the sounds over and...