Windows 10: Lock screen

Discus and support Lock screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Where to get and how to disable lock screen for win 10 ? 124518 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by teots, Jan 1, 2019.

1. teots Win User

Lock screen

Where to get and how to disable lock screen for win 10 ?

:)

teots, Jan 1, 2019

2. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Jan 1, 2019
  3. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Lock screen [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Jan 1, 2019
  4. Lock screen

Lock Screen Image Too Big

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue occurs only when the pictures are set from OneDrive?

I suggest you to set the picture for the lock screen using the default lock screen pictures and check whether the issue persist or not, follow the below steps to set the pictures.

• Go to “settings” and click on “personalization”.
    • Under “lock screen” tab, select the option from the drop box as “picture”.
    • Then under “choose your picture” option, click on any picture and go to the lock screen, check whether the issue persists or not.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

Lock screen

1. Lock screen - Similar Threads - Lock screen

2. New HP laptop locks the screen 1 minute after the inactivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    New HP laptop locks the screen 1 minute after the inactivity: I use a new HP laptop and have a problem which I am unable to solve. It is connected with power settings. I tried to changed them several times but with no avail. My computer locks the screen 1 minute after the inactivity. Hhelp me to sort it out I am in despair...
  3. How to change the lock screen window regularly

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change the lock screen window regularly: My husband and I share the same laptop. When he opens his internet side, every single day his lock screen picture changes while I am not sure why my lock screen picture is always the same, day in day out. So how do you fix my lock screen window please? Thank you...
  4. Remove Advertising and Suggestions on Lock screen

Remove Advertising and Suggestions on Lock screen: The lock screen offers suggest/links for additional information about the picture shown on the lock screen. How do I turn these off? Also recently Windows now displays ADVERTISING about it Microsoft points, this is unwanted, how do I turn this off. it is annoying,...
  5. Enabling the "show background image on sign-in" sets a grey background on my lock screen

Enabling the "show background image on sign-in" sets a grey background on my lock screen: As the title says. I've tried many workarounds that have been posted, powershell etc. but none worked. Here is an image. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enabling-the-show-background-image-on-sign-in-sets/0cefff04-cfc3-4487-a358-b5867f8d70b7
  6. Please, be more careful with your orthography. you wrote in the lock screen picture "Punta...

Please, be more careful with your orthography. you wrote in the lock screen picture "Punta...: Please, be more careful with your orthography. you wrote in the lock screen picture "Punta Cana, Domincan Republic" and it must be "Punta Cana, Dominican Republic", you missed an "i"...
  7. Windows 10 Lock screen

Windows 10 Lock screen: Hi, I have recently bought a lap top with Windows 10 installed. I cannot personalise the lock screen and other options as it is greyed out with a notice in red at the top saying' some settings may be managed by your organisation'...this is a personal Lap top please help...
  8. Windows lock screen not appearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows lock screen not appearing: when i start up my PC it will load the start screen but when i hit any key it will just reload the lock screen. I have rebooted my PC multiple time to no prevail....
  9. Win10 desktop screen locks up, video driver issue?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 desktop screen locks up, video driver issue?: Hi everyone: I've been struggling with this issue for a while now, so I'm curious if anyone can give me some fresh input on it. I'm asking about my Dell desktop that has Windows 10 Pro installed. Sometimes for no apparent reason the screen locks up on some "ghost" image of...
  10. [Win 10 Pro Ver1809] All Users (Domain Users) login Screen and lock Screen already changed...

[Win 10 Pro Ver1809] All Users (Domain Users) login Screen and lock Screen already changed...: [Win 10 Pro Version 1809] All Users (Domain Users) login Screen and lock Screen already changed without GPO Greeting everyone!! Have a question is. I'm setup a customize Windows 10 Pro lock screen picture for domain users but the GPO is only work for Windows 10...