Windows 10: Lock screen

Discus and support Lock screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Where to get and how to disable lock screen for win 10 ? 124518 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by teots, Jan 1, 2019.

1. teots Win User

Lock screen

Where to get and how to disable lock screen for win 10 ?

:)

teots, Jan 1, 2019

2. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Jan 1, 2019
  3. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Lock screen [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Jan 1, 2019
  4. Lock screen

Lock Screen Image Too Big

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue occurs only when the pictures are set from OneDrive?

I suggest you to set the picture for the lock screen using the default lock screen pictures and check whether the issue persist or not, follow the below steps to set the pictures.

• Go to “settings” and click on “personalization”.
    • Under “lock screen” tab, select the option from the drop box as “picture”.
    • Then under “choose your picture” option, click on any picture and go to the lock screen, check whether the issue persists or not.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

Lock screen

1. Lock screen - Similar Threads - Lock screen

2. Lock screen picture blurs...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock screen picture blurs...: After one of the recent updates the picture on my lock screen blurs heavily once the sign in has been accepted and before the desktop appears. I dislike it; I like to see the picture I chose not a blurred mess. Can this behaviour be changed? 136768
  3. Remote Desktop and Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Remote Desktop and Lock Screen: Hi! I have a trouble logging into my computer via LAN whenever the computer locks. I get the "Internal error occurred" error message. Since the computer to which I'm trying to connect is a PC, I tried setting it to never lock to go to sleep or lock. This doesn't seem to...
  4. Lock screen picture blurs...

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock screen picture blurs...: After one of the recent updates the picture on my lock screen blurs heavily once the sign in has been accepted and before the desktop appears. I dislike it; I like to see the picture I chose not a blurred mess. Can this behaviour be changed? 136768
  5. after unlocking win 10 system goes back to lock screen after 10 to 30 seconds unless...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    after unlocking win 10 system goes back to lock screen after 10 to 30 seconds unless...: after unlocking win 10 system goes back to lock screen after 10 to 30 seconds unless certail programs are running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-unlocking-win-10-system-goes-back-to-lock/a189f2c8-61c2-4d01-b4b8-ebb23aa63461
  6. Program windows resize every time when I lock the screen

Program windows resize every time when I lock the screen: Hi there, First time post question here. Recently I installed a new windows 10 system, and I noticed every time after I lock the screen, and log in again. The program's windows resize itself. So I have to manually change the size for each programs. Please help....
  7. Windows Spotlight lock screen picture does not change. Background apps for "Settings" is...

Windows Spotlight lock screen picture does not change. Background apps for "Settings" is...: I have an ASUS laptop running Windows 10. Since last week, my Windows Spotlight lock screen picture does not change. I follow the instruction at https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/82156-reset-re-register-windows-spotlight-windows-10-a.html but it does not work. Moreover, I...
  8. Windows 10 lock screen reverts to stock photo

Windows 10 lock screen reverts to stock photo: OK, not a question - but I've been looking for an answer to the subject problem for a while, and thanks to another site that I've misplaced, I've found an answer. It may make the good folks at MS crazy that I'm screwing with their programming, but this is the only way I've...
  9. How to disable Windows 10 Automatic Lock Screen?

How to disable Windows 10 Automatic Lock Screen?: After windows update, windows would automatically lock the screen and require password to login again. I walk away from my desk for a minute, the screen is locked. I walk to the printer for a minute, I need to lock in with password again. This is utterly annoying and...
  10. Windows Spotlight Picture on Lock Screen does not change anymore.

Windows Spotlight Picture on Lock Screen does not change anymore.: My Lock Screen (Windows Spotlight) picture used to change weekly, but now it does not change anymore. It just stays on an old picture that I have seen when I first built my PC. Anyone know why? 136195