Windows 10: Lock screen

Discus and support Lock screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Everytime I change my lock screen background to spotlight images in the settings it changes itself back to picture. I am running windows 10 1809 build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jaretwilliams, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Lock screen

Everytime I change my lock screen background to spotlight images in the settings it changes itself back to picture. I am running windows 10 1809

build # 17763.437. I would appreciate any help, this is so frustrating. Thanks.

:)

jaretwilliams, Apr 27, 2019

2. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Apr 27, 2019
  3. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Lock screen [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Apr 27, 2019
  4. rmanasa Win User

Lock screen

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

Lock screen

1. Lock screen - Similar Threads - Lock screen

2. Problem with the lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problem with the lock screen: My windows spotlight does not show pictures in the lock screen. this problem has started when i reset my PC. PLEASE HELP! I have tried all the solutions given under similar solutions but it gave no results...
  3. Windows 10 2004 - system locked up after screen standby.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 2004 - system locked up after screen standby.: Yesterday i upgraded to Windows 10 2004. All seemed fine but when i tried to wake up the system this morning it didn't respond. I disabled all sleep options and only let the screens go in standby. the last message in eventvwr was around 3AM : The start type of the...
  4. Any reason why this picture showed up in my lock screen? It showed up just today, and I did...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any reason why this picture showed up in my lock screen? It showed up just today, and I did...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Pikachu00911 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gryxes/any_reason_why_this_picture_showed_up_in_my_lock/
  5. Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen: I have my lock screen set to Windows Spotlight. I have been getting beautiful lock screen pictures until the last couple of days. Instead of the typical windows lock screen photos I normally get, which change with every log in, I am getting just a picture of the moon. That...
  6. Lock Screen Sign On

Lock Screen Sign On: I have just had my laptop screen replaced so I logged on and setup my Microsoft acct. again , but when I signed out, little did I know I would never be able to sign in again.? It loads, it get's network, it shows not my name but a large HP under my pic. Then it already says...
  7. Win 10 Lock Screen won't unlock with Mouse Click II

Win 10 Lock Screen won't unlock with Mouse Click II: Hello - I followed the advice from this locked thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/win-10-lock-screen-wont-unlock-with-mouse-click/fb789ab9-7358-4c74-8417-e3fd256f390f Looked like an easy solution - but when I followed the...
  8. Groove music changes your lock screen wallpaper, today I woke up to this. I'm never...

Groove music changes your lock screen wallpaper, today I woke up to this. I'm never...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/arian_ezequiel [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gra40k/groove_music_changes_your_lock_screen_wallpaper/
  9. Is there a way I can change my lock screen slideshow so it doesn't do collages like this?...

Is there a way I can change my lock screen slideshow so it doesn't do collages like this?...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/visualsplendor [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gqlgaw/is_there_a_way_i_can_change_my_lock_screen/
  10. Missing "Like What You See?" in Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing "Like What You See?" in Lock Screen: Problem: No "Like What You See?" question in Windows 10's Lock Screen with Windows Spotlight enabled in Personalization → Lock Screen. Is this a feature, or a bug? The question used to be there. I'm asking because it's present in Edge Chromium, but not in the Lock Screen. It...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1903 change default lock screen