Windows 10: Lock screen

Discus and support Lock screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It wont let me drag the screen up to put a password in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CarrieDunham, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Lock screen

It wont let me drag the screen up to put a password in

:)

CarrieDunham, Jun 12, 2019

2. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Lock screen [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Jun 12, 2019
  4. rmanasa Win User

Lock screen

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Lock screen

1. Lock screen - Similar Threads - Lock screen

2. Windows 10 lock/sign in screen blury since upgrade to 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 lock/sign in screen blury since upgrade to 1903: All 4 of my Windows 10 computers have been just upgraded to version 1903. Since the upgrade all 4 show a blurry background image on the lock/sign in screen. Is this a bug?...
  3. ENC icon on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    ENC icon on lock screen: The ENC icon appeared on my laptop. I figured out how to hide it on my taskbar, but it's still appearing on the lock screen. How can it be hidden there also? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enc-icon-on-lock-screen/833d0a03-c3a1-470e-8e8a-7a8391e0fb6e
  4. Sounds from Lock Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sounds from Lock Screen: For two months my computer has been playing the Windows Hardware disconnect.wav frequently in screensaver & lockscreen mode. I disconnected all my USB devices except the hubs, but it continues. Any help out there?...
  5. MS Family Screen Time - Locked Screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    MS Family Screen Time - Locked Screen: On some days, MS Family reports more than 9 hours of screen time on my child’s account when I’m confident it should be far less. Does MS Family keep the clock running even when the screen is locked? If so, I suggest you pause the clock when the screen is locked....
  6. bypass lock screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bypass lock screen: how do I get into my Lenovo ideapad bypassing the screen lock passcode I cant get into the computer cause I forgot the passcode and doing a factory reset didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bypass-lock-screen/c2b1ec96-53dc-421c-ba79-6d0789e4937c"
  7. USB speakers resetting idle clock, blocking lock screen timeout and screensaver

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB speakers resetting idle clock, blocking lock screen timeout and screensaver: I have a new set of Klipsch R-15PMs, attached via USB. It seems that as long as they are plugged in, the idle clock is constantly reset, at the rate of milliseconds. Since the screensaver never comes on, the station never locks when I leave my desk, and I would very much...
  8. Lock Screen/Windows Spotlight

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen/Windows Spotlight: Hi, After installing W-10 feature update 1903, when booting up, my spotlight picture is a "blur" with the telltale circle of chess pieces in the center. The chess pieces showed up on a previous update while back and I just let it go. But, at least my "picture" would update...
  9. Lock screen image is blurred

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock screen image is blurred: I've noticed an unwanted change on the lock screen since updating to 1903, this is on both my desktop (Home) and laptop (Pro) while the sign on box is up, the lock screen image is blurred to the point of being unrecognizable. The desktop is set to sign on automatically so...
  10. Lock Screen/Windows Spotlight

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen/Windows Spotlight: Hi, After installing W-10 feature update 1903, when booting up, my spotlight picture is a "blur" with the telltale circle of chess pieces in the center. The chess pieces showed up on a previous update while back and I just let it go. But, at least my "picture" would update...