Windows 10: lock screen

Discus and support lock screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do I prevent my screen from automatically locking after inactivity... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FredrickCranford, Aug 11, 2019.

1. lock screen

how do I prevent my screen from automatically locking after inactivity

:)

FredrickCranford, Aug 11, 2019

2. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

lock screen [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Aug 11, 2019
  4. rmanasa Win User

lock screen

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

lock screen

1. lock screen - Similar Threads - lock screen

2. password protected locked screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    password protected locked screen: When I turn my computer on, I have to enter my Microsoft password to start Windows. How do I turn this off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-protected-locked-screen/5f609b02-4a85-47bc-a846-b88df8ff3e1b
  3. Updates while on lock screen ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates while on lock screen ?: Hi All Does anyone know if Windows 10 Updates happen if a PC is just switched on and left on the lock screen ? If I switch on a colleagues laptop but do not login will it still download/install updates ? Thanks...
  4. locked out screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    locked out screen: my walking book 2in1pc/tab has a screen showing enter password but every password I try it respond invalid password. what can I do to unlock? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-screen/0a4c2e04-4d24-4051-bd74-194de32dfca9
  5. Bypass Win 10 Lock Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Bypass Win 10 Lock Screen: Win 10 gpedit "Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization" does not show Personalization. I want to bypass / eliminate lock screen. Have tried entry in Register, doesn't consistently work....
  6. Keyboard keys not working on Lock screen !!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard keys not working on Lock screen !!: I have HP pavilion Notebook with Windows 10 fully updated. Whenever I starts my laptop, the Lock screen ask for password, But when I type password only key I,tab and space work from HP Laptop Keyboard. Then I have to wait for a few minutes, the Lock screen starts...
  7. Windows 10 Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Lock Screen: When I select a photo for my Lock Screen it is displayed rotated. How do I un-rotate it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-lock-screen/5be481cf-5ece-423a-94da-b25cf04f87ac
  8. Lock screen password change Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lock screen password change Windows 10: What are the steps to change the lock screen password? I have found lots of articles here about password changes but its mainly for my account, I followed multiple articles and only end up changing my Microsoft account password....
  9. Can't get passed lock screen to enter password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't get passed lock screen to enter password: Today I turned on my laptop running windows 10, and when i got to the lock screen with the time displayed, it would not open to let me enter my password. Everytime i hit a key or click the mouse it moves the screen up like it is going to let me enter my password, but then it...
  10. Change all AD users lock screen in Windows 10 1809 using Windows Server 2012 R2 STD GPO

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change all AD users lock screen in Windows 10 1809 using Windows Server 2012 R2 STD GPO: Hai I am unable to Change all AD users lock screen in Windows 10 1809 using Windows Server 2012 R2 STD GPO I have enabled it using the correct GPO. The GPO is the following: Group Policy settingComputer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel >...