Windows 10: lock screen

Discus and support lock screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just noticed this; my lock screen is set to spot light and for some odd reason it keeps reverting back to "picture" mode. As soon as I change it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Plankton, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Plankton Win User

lock screen

I just noticed this; my lock screen is set to spot light and for some odd reason it keeps reverting back to "picture" mode. As soon as I change it and move to themes or any of the other choices and go back to lock screen it's right back at "picture" mode.

It's not a big deal, just annoying as all get out.

:)

Plankton, Oct 10, 2019

2. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

lock screen [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Oct 10, 2019
  4. rmanasa Win User

lock screen

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

lock screen

1. lock screen - Similar Threads - lock screen

2. why won't microsoft let me change my lock screen. It says it is blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why won't microsoft let me change my lock screen. It says it is blocked: Hi,I am just wondering how I can change the setting to my laptop in regards on changing my lock screen. Every time i try and change it all of the settings are locked and I'm not sure how to change this, it says it has something to do with my laptop settings but I don't know...
  3. why won't microsoft let me change my lock screen. It says it is blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why won't microsoft let me change my lock screen. It says it is blocked: Hi,I am just wondering how I can change the setting to my laptop in regards on changing my lock screen. Every time i try and change it all of the settings are locked and I'm not sure how to change this, it says it has something to do with my laptop settings but I don't know...
  4. why won't microsoft let me change my lock screen. It says it is blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Next Windows 10 update brings Windows Spotlight, Lock screen content, and another Windows...

in Windows 10 News
    Next Windows 10 update brings Windows Spotlight, Lock screen content, and another Windows...: Microsoft released a new update to the Windows 10 Release Preview channel. The update KB5035941 is in testing and will be released soon to the general Windows 10 device population. While most Windows 10 updates focus on security patches and the fixing of bugs, this one is...
  6. Lock screen wallpaper won't load or change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen wallpaper won't load or change: I'm encountering an issue I cannot change the lock screen wallpaper to a custom picture, it fails to load. The preview remains stuck and the change is not saved. If a select a previously used image, it changes, by I cannot add a new oneIt just kept loading and loading whole...
  7. Lock screen wallpaper won't load or change

Lock screen wallpaper won't load or change: I'm encountering an issue I cannot change the lock screen wallpaper to a custom picture, it fails to load. The preview remains stuck and the change is not saved. If a select a previously used image, it changes, by I cannot add a new oneIt just kept loading and loading whole...
  8. My pc windows 10 lock screen isn't moving to log in screen, even though when i press a...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My pc windows 10 lock screen isn't moving to log in screen, even though when i press a...: My pc windows 10 lock screen isn't moving to log in screen, even though when i press a key,it animates but doesnt goes to login screen.I've tried to go safe boot but it shows only a black screen when in safe mood. Please help...
  9. My pc windows 10 lock screen isn't moving to log in screen, even though when i press a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc windows 10 lock screen isn't moving to log in screen, even though when i press a...: My pc windows 10 lock screen isn't moving to log in screen, even though when i press a key,it animates but doesnt goes to login screen.I've tried to go safe boot but it shows only a black screen when in safe mood. Please help...
  10. My pc windows 10 lock screen isn't moving to log in screen, even though when i press a...