Windows 10: Lock Screen

Discus and support Lock Screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've been trying to change my lock screen for some time but it won't let me choose another photo to use. The preview just spools and nothing changes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RandiRuppersberg, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Lock Screen

I've been trying to change my lock screen for some time but it won't let me choose another photo to use. The preview just spools and nothing changes. Any idea how to fix this?

:)

RandiRuppersberg, Oct 26, 2020

2. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Lock Screen [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Lock Screen

Lock Screen Image Too Big

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue occurs only when the pictures are set from OneDrive?

I suggest you to set the picture for the lock screen using the default lock screen pictures and check whether the issue persist or not, follow the below steps to set the pictures.

• Go to “settings” and click on “personalization”.
    • Under “lock screen” tab, select the option from the drop box as “picture”.
    • Then under “choose your picture” option, click on any picture and go to the lock screen, check whether the issue persists or not.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

Lock Screen

1. Lock Screen - Similar Threads - Lock Screen

2. Remote Desktop Dual Monitors Lock Screen Sign in screen ISSUES won't connect

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop Dual Monitors Lock Screen Sign in screen ISSUES won't connect: Issue is with dual display ONLY. Connects fine if remote PC is on desktop Connects fine using 1 display in all scenarios * Will NOT connect if remote PC is in "Lock Screen" * Will NOT connect if remote PC is in "Sign In Screen" [ATTACH] Because of a protocol error...
  3. Win 10 - Cat walked on my keyboard, now the lock screen does not respond to any keyboard...

Win 10 - Cat walked on my keyboard, now the lock screen does not respond to any keyboard...: As it says in the title, Windows 10 DESKTOP computer. Cat walked on the laptop and now the lock screen does not respond to any keyboard entry I have tried thus far. I have to use the mouse to click on the "picture of the day" then when the login prompt is brought up, I can...
  4. Windows 10 Lock Screen Issues

Windows 10 Lock Screen Issues: Hello All, I am having issues with my lock screen slideshow displaying on my Windows 10 PC, and instead displays a single image as a background which I had previously used but deleted. The image below in the preview box is the one I have deleted, and is not part of the...
  5. Can't login as windows saying "provide a pin" at lock screen after installing latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't login as windows saying "provide a pin" at lock screen after installing latest update: Hi Microsoft, After installing latest update as i started my laptop having windows 10. At lock screen it says provide a pin when i clicked ok the pin box appeared for a fraction of second and then it disappeared. Please help me out !...
  6. How to know the location of the current Lock Screen Image

in Windows 10 Support
    How to know the location of the current Lock Screen Image: Hi everyone, I would like to know how to find out the current location of the Lock Screen Background image. I figured out they are located somewhere here depending on your options like If you have spotlight enabled or your current theme:...
  7. Lock screen

Lock screen: How do you change the city from washington dc to your own city on lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen/241a26ca-2cb4-4852-a4fa-6809712e2976
  8. Screen lock?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen lock?: Is there a way that I can lock my screen on my laptop so that people can use the program that's open but not close it and access personal info? I am using my laptop for music at a party and I would like to be able to leave Spotify open so people can play the music they like...
  9. Deleted PC User Account Still Shows Up On Lock Screen Sign In

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Deleted PC User Account Still Shows Up On Lock Screen Sign In: I made a local account for my little sister. She no longer uses the account so I deleted it. However, it still shows up on the lock screen for my laptop. I saw a forum post similar to this, and rhere was an answer, but when I went to the Computer Management like the first...
  10. Lock screen/sign-on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lock screen/sign-on: I only have one account on my Windows 10 desktop. It used to boot up to the "in-focus" lock screen. I would press the space bar to display the password box. Windows recently upgraded itself to version 2004. Now on a boot-up from power off, it goes to the "blurry" lock screen...