Windows 10: Lock screen

Discus and support Lock screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My windows 10 lock screen only displays an image for a split second before displaying the login screen? Intermittently it will jump back to the lock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ShadrayQE, Apr 19, 2021.

1. ShadrayQE Win User

Lock screen

My windows 10 lock screen only displays an image for a split second before displaying the login screen?

Intermittently it will jump back to the lock screen image then back to the login again.

Would be nice to see those pretty pictures from spotlight, even if I turn off spotlight and use a picture

it acts the same way.

My screen and sleep settings are set for never, this always happens every time I start, restart or press the win+L key.

Before the recent updates I remember it worked fine I always had to click or move the mouse or press a key

to move to the login screen. Is there a new setting somewhere I need to know about.

:)

ShadrayQE, Apr 19, 2021

2. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Lock screen [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Apr 19, 2021
  3. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Apr 19, 2021
  4. rmanasa Win User

Lock screen

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

Lock screen

1. Lock screen - Similar Threads - Lock screen

2. Unable to get Weather on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to get Weather on Lock Screen: I am unable to get weather information on Lock screen.1. Under Personalization > Lock screen > choose which apps show quick status on the lock screen > weather app selected but its greyed out.2. Under settings > System > Notifications & Actions > Show Notifications on the...
  3. What's the command used to overwrite a program preventing the lock screen from starting?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What's the command used to overwrite a program preventing the lock screen from starting?: I remember using command prompt to overwrite OBS Studio which prevents the lock screen from starting, but I can't find the command anywhere online. Does anyone know the command?...
  4. Computer is always locked upon screen off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer is always locked upon screen off: I have Windows 10 Pro 20H2 installed on a new machine. I have configured it to turn display off after 4 minutes and go to Sleep after 10 minutes. Screen Saver is set to None.Every time the screen goes off at 4 minutes, the PC is locked. I have to unlock it with fingerprint or...
  5. This device is locked because of family settings for screen time

in Windows 10 News
    This device is locked because of family settings for screen time: If on your Windows 10 computer, you aren’t able to log in and you see a message that This device is locked because of your family settings for screen time, then this post might help you solve this problem. Such an issue occurs when you have set up a screen time limit for your...
  6. i have a 2nd computer that can not get past lock screen i have forgotten the new PW is...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    i have a 2nd computer that can not get past lock screen i have forgotten the new PW is...: i can not get past lock screen. i have a user name and then other users.I can not get past either one of these is there a back door to get to the safe mode of the computer so i can default windows and restart and put in a new pw??...
  7. Windows 10 Lock Screen

Windows 10 Lock Screen: Hi! Good day. I just want to ask what is the problem in my laptop. When I'm restarting, the lock screen wallpaper is just plain blue. I already clicked "Picture" in lock screen settings but still, when I'm restarting, the lock screen wallpaper won't show up. I don't know if...
  8. Lock Screen picture issues

Lock Screen picture issues: Changing the lock screen picture has caused start up issues. I noticed after I changed the picture on my lock screen I had a hard time getting my computer to start. The window logo appeared only. After holding the power button 20 seconds it came up in repair mode. It is a 1...
  9. Home Screen locked up, password box fills up with “ppppppppp”

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Home Screen locked up, password box fills up with “ppppppppp”: I tried to use my laptop as usual and at the logon, i see that then fills in automatically. I cleand the keyboArd of debris, nothing is stuck that i can see. I have tried to use the numerous suggestions to get into safemode and uninstall features and last update but i get a...
  10. Locked Out - Login Screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Locked Out - Login Screen: I've always bypassed the login screen using netplwz, have done this forever, but I recently changed my password in netplwz (as i,ve done many times in the past) , rebooted, and now I get the login screen with a message that the incorrect password is being used.... when I...