Windows 10: Lock session when power button is pressed (tablet)?

Discus and support Lock session when power button is pressed (tablet)? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey there, just reinstalled Windows 10 on my tablet and i think before it did lock the session when i pressed power.. Now it doesn't, at all. Couldn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by unko, Jul 31, 2020.

1. unko Win User

Lock session when power button is pressed (tablet)?

Hey there, just reinstalled Windows 10 on my tablet and i think before it did lock the session when i pressed power.. Now it doesn't, at all. Couldn't find working tweak/setting for this. Where is it? Must be somewhere!

:)

2. When I press the power on button

When I press the power on button it can up to 30 minutes to power up. Having to press on and off during this time, have noticed that the CAPS Lock button flashes when the screen does not start during the time I press the power on button, any tips.

using Windows 10 and a HP Pavilion Laptop

PhilipWoodRN, Jul 31, 2020
  3. When I press the power button sleep, hibernated, or power down don't work my screen goes off but not my pc

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

To assist you better, I would like to know when exactly you had received this error. Are you able to boot the computer?

The following steps detail how to change what happens when the power button is pressed.

By default the power button will tell the computer to shut down, if it is not set to shut down, please follow the below steps.

• In the Windows search box enter ‘Power Options’ and click on it when it appears in the list.
    • On the left of the window, click on the ‘Choose what power buttons do’ link
    • Under ‘When I press the power button’ choose the option you want to change it to
      Shut Down.
    • Click ‘Save changes’ to save the changes.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run Power troubleshooter:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Power.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

After performing the power troubleshooter, please perform the steps that has been provided above.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Lock session when power button is pressed (tablet)?

Lock tablet

Hi Esheel,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Let us know some more details to narrow down the issue:

• Does that light signify any of the program's turned on or off feature (e.g. WiFi/Bluetooth/Audio)?
    • Was that light used to turn off after locking the tablet in the earlier version of Windows?
    Meanwhile, you may try this:

Press & hold the power button down until the tablet clicks off. Leave for 1 minute and start up again using the power button. Then lock and check.

Reply with the information for further assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Lock session when power button is pressed (tablet)?

1. Lock session when power button is pressed (tablet)? - Similar Threads - Lock session power

2. Power Button pressing by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Button pressing by itself: A long time ago, I spilled a bit of liquid into the laptop's keyboard, and because of that some keys stopped working, and one of those affected keys is the power button. Got a new keyboard and all that, the problem is the power button is pressing by itself for maybe a...
  3. Power Button pressing by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Button pressing by itself: A long time ago, I spilled a bit of liquid into the laptop's keyboard, and because of that some keys stopped working, and one of those affected keys is the power button. Got a new keyboard and all that, the problem is the power button is pressing by itself for maybe a...
  4. Power Button pressing by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Power supply not On when I press Power Button

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Power supply not On when I press Power Button: I've been facing an issue with my Dell OptiPlex CPU for the past few days, and I'm in need of some expert guidance to find a permanent solution.The problem I'm encountering is that my Dell OptiPlex CPU is not turning on. When I press the power button, the light on the button...
  6. Power supply not On when I press Power Button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power supply not On when I press Power Button: I've been facing an issue with my Dell OptiPlex CPU for the past few days, and I'm in need of some expert guidance to find a permanent solution.The problem I'm encountering is that my Dell OptiPlex CPU is not turning on. When I press the power button, the light on the button...
  7. Power supply not On when I press Power Button

8. Windows Crashes When Pressing The Power Button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Crashes When Pressing The Power Button: Hi,Since Last Month My PC Has Been Crashing With The "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FALIURE" Error Code.When I Press The Power Button, My Screen Turns Off, Turns Back On, The "Slide To Turn Off Your PC" Appears, And When I Cancel It, I Go To My Desktop It Freezes And BSODs. It Has A...
  9. Windows Crashes When Pressing The Power Button

Windows Crashes When Pressing The Power Button: Hi,Since Last Month My PC Has Been Crashing With The "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FALIURE" Error Code.When I Press The Power Button, My Screen Turns Off, Turns Back On, The "Slide To Turn Off Your PC" Appears, And When I Cancel It, I Go To My Desktop It Freezes And BSODs. It Has A...
  10. Laptop isn't turning on when pressed power button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop isn't turning on when pressed power button: My laptop of dell company isn't switich even I pressed power button I had already tried taking battery out and then pressing power button for 1 min... When I press the power button only white light blinks for a sec and then goes of off mounter too Plzz help...