Windows 10: Lock sign in screen inactivity idle time interval - any option to change 30 minutes by default

Discus and support Lock sign in screen inactivity idle time interval - any option to change 30 minutes by default in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; After 30 minutes of inactivity that is without keypresses and mouse movements appears automatically Lock screen sign in / logon screen. I need to enter... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Alex Mets, Apr 9, 2022.

1. Alex Mets Win User

Lock sign in screen inactivity idle time interval - any option to change 30 minutes by default

After 30 minutes of inactivity that is without keypresses and mouse movements appears automatically Lock screen sign in / logon screen. I need to enter the password to unlock the screen and to enter the system back. Is there any option to disable this function or at least to change the timeout interval from the default value 30 minutes to anything longer?I tried to change the timeout in Screen Saver settings dialog, but it does not affect login screen timeout, seems it is two different and independent options.Also I tried to change the option "Interactive Logon:

:)

Alex Mets, Apr 9, 2022
  2. f14tomcat Win User

sign out on idle

I think this may be what you are looking for. I don't think it will actually sign off the user, it may, but it requires a log on (user name/password or pin) after a key is pressed or the mouse wiggled. Uses the Lock Screen and a screensaver method. A blank (none, black) screensaver can be used if you don't want a display. You can choose any time interval you like. Give it a look and see if it might suit. Here's an excerpt and the link. TC

Follow the steps below and check if it works. This uses 5 minutes, but you can choose what you want.

Step 1: Right click on the desktop, and select Personalize option.
    Step 2: From the left side panel click on Lock Screen and select Screen saver settings.
    Step 3: From the drop down bar under screen saver select an option.
    Step 4: Check the box On resume, display logon screen, change the number to 5 in the Wait box.
    Step 5: Click on Apply,and OK.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

f14tomcat, Apr 9, 2022
  3. jamos316 Win User
    sign out on idle

yea i have tried this and it just locks the user. im looking for something that can sign out completley automatically.

thanks for input!

jamos316, Apr 9, 2022
  4. Lock sign in screen inactivity idle time interval - any option to change 30 minutes by default

Windows 10 1903 Lock screen pin

As you can see in the screenshot I linked, if you choose 3 minutes in the 'Require sign in' list box, it will automatically go to the lock screen every 3 minutes the system is left idle.

If you click on sign in options on the Sign in screen and choose PIN, by default, this will be the default way to log in until you choose to change it it next time.

Lock sign in screen inactivity idle time interval - any option to change 30 minutes by default e6192783-019b-42b1-95fa-b36df8ec1147?upload=true.png

Andre for Directly, Apr 9, 2022
Thema:

Lock sign in screen inactivity idle time interval - any option to change 30 minutes by default

1. Lock sign in screen inactivity idle time interval - any option to change 30 minutes by default - Similar Threads - Lock sign screen

2. Windows 11 unable to change lock screen slideshow time interval

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 unable to change lock screen slideshow time interval: Hello,I have set up slideshow when the screen is locked, but default time interval when pictures are changing is 15-20 seconds and I am unable to amend this. There is no options in Slideshow settings. I tried amending registry, creating SlideshowDuration DWORD key in here:...
  3. Lock sign in screen inactivity idle time interval - any option to change 30 minutes by default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock sign in screen inactivity idle time interval - any option to change 30 minutes by default: After 30 minutes of inactivity that is without keypresses and mouse movements appears automatically Lock screen sign in / logon screen. I need to enter the password to unlock the screen and to enter the system back. Is there any option to disable this function or at least to...
  4. Lock sign in screen inactivity idle time interval - any option to change 30 minutes by default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock sign in screen inactivity idle time interval - any option to change 30 minutes by default: After 30 minutes of inactivity that is without keypresses and mouse movements appears automatically Lock screen sign in / logon screen. I need to enter the password to unlock the screen and to enter the system back. Is there any option to disable this function or at least to...
  5. To change inactivity idle time interval before sign in logon screen appears in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To change inactivity idle time interval before sign in logon screen appears in Windows 10 Pro: HiAfter certain time of inactivity without keypresses and mouse movements automatically appears sign in / logon screen, so a user needs to enter the password to unlock the system.The default value ion inactivity interval s 10 minutes. It is too short and very inconvenient...
  6. To change inactivity idle time interval before sign in logon screen appears in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    To change inactivity idle time interval before sign in logon screen appears in Windows 10 Pro: HiAfter certain time of inactivity without keypresses and mouse movements automatically appears sign in / logon screen, so a user needs to enter the password to unlock the system.The default value ion inactivity interval s 10 minutes. It is too short and very inconvenient...
  7. To change inactivity idle time interval before sign in logon screen appears in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. my win10 locks to sign in screen after 1 or 2 minutes of inactivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my win10 locks to sign in screen after 1 or 2 minutes of inactivity: screen is only set to turn off after 3 hours and the rest are disabled (Dynamic Lock, screen savers and power setting options) submitted by /u/koorio [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hkrigd/my_win10_locks_to_sign_in_screen_after_1_or_2/
  9. Change lock screen slide show time interval & transition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change lock screen slide show time interval & transition: How can I change the time interval for the lock screen slide show? I want Windows to pick a random picture from my folder every day or every couple of hours. And if the picture changes while the lock screen is visible, I want them to cross fade. There is Advanced settings in...
  10. change interval time for lock the screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    change interval time for lock the screen: when I do not touch my computer for about the minute , the screen gets locked. I have to enter again my windows password. Can I change time period to make it longer?...