Windows 10: Lock & Sign-in screen

Discus and support Lock & Sign-in screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I turn on my computer, a picture of a lone backpack on a mountain w/a lake is shown (picture 1). When I move my mouse to bring up the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CJW, Nov 22, 2017.

1. CJW
    CJW Win User

Lock & Sign-in screen

When I turn on my computer, a picture of a lone backpack on a mountain w/a lake is shown (picture 1).
    When I move my mouse to bring up the screen where I can choose an account, I get the same screen.
    This also happens when I'm in Windows & lock the screen (which I rarely do).

In Settings>Personalization>Lock Screen, I've changed this to Slideshow & chose a folder which does NOT include picture 1. But a preview is not shown of the files in this folder (picture 2).

1. Why is picture 1 still being shown?
    2. Why is the Preview not working?

:)

2. Sign on

How do I switch sign on screens from other user to user?

Moved from: Microsoft Education / Windows 10 / Windows Hello, lock screen, & sign-in

CrystalWillis1, Nov 22, 2017
  3. insider feedback hub

I cannot sign in to the insider feedback hub - there is no response when clicking the sign-in.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows Hello, lock screen & sign-in

Bootlebarth74, Nov 22, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Lock & Sign-in screen

Hi, noting your specs refer to Win 7, which is your Windows build?

I too had that problem where the Preview was greyed out- I'd fiddled with the lock screen and Spotlight, broken it, then managed somehow to get Spotlight working, but Preview was greyed out.

Only when I upgraded to the next build did it start working normally again.

dalchina, Nov 22, 2017
  5. Bastet Win User
    I suspect spotlight is broken again after the fall update. If I dislike a photo it reverts to that backpack photo & I have to run Brink’s fix to get a fresh photo. Not complaining though.

Bastet, Nov 23, 2017
  6. Good luck, I have been trying to do it ever since 10 was released, always without a success. Darn MS. *Mad

People try and fail again: Windows 10 Login Screen Issue | My Digital Life Forums

I have disabled it, if I can not have it my way, I prefer a solid color instead.

Code: reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization" /v "NoLockScreen" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System" /v "DisableLogonBackgroundImage" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f[/quote]

TairikuOkami, Nov 23, 2017
  7. CJW
    CJW Win User
    Forgot to update my specs. Here is a screenshot of Winver:

Thema:

Lock & Sign-in screen

1. Lock & Sign-in screen - Similar Threads - Lock Sign screen

2. No sign in on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No sign in on lock screen: Computer boots up but won't give me sign in on lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sign-in-on-lock-screen/039b940b-13e3-4cb0-8d92-0bd50b550a41
  3. No sign in on lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sign in on lock screen: Computer boots up but won't give me sign in on lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sign-in-on-lock-screen/039b940b-13e3-4cb0-8d92-0bd50b550a41
  4. No sign in on lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lock Screen and Sign in screen not appearing.

Lock Screen and Sign in screen not appearing.: Hi everyone! I have a laptop with Windows 10 pro detailed information about the build number and all is mentioned in the image attached below. The issue which I am facing is that after waking up my pc from sleep, I am not able to see the sign in screen and also not the lock...
  6. Lock screen/sign-on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lock screen/sign-on: I only have one account on my Windows 10 desktop. It used to boot up to the "in-focus" lock screen. I would press the space bar to display the password box. Windows recently upgraded itself to version 2004. Now on a boot-up from power off, it goes to the "blurry" lock screen...
  7. Windows lock screen and sign in

Windows lock screen and sign in: My HP laptop windows 10 can't start. It's not recognising my paasword or PIN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-lock-screen-and-sign-in/66db6827-da2d-43c3-ae87-37a2e6a5c2be
  8. Lock Screen Sign On

Lock Screen Sign On: I have just had my laptop screen replaced so I logged on and setup my Microsoft acct. again , but when I signed out, little did I know I would never be able to sign in again.? It loads, it get's network, it shows not my name but a large HP under my pic. Then it already says...
  9. different lock screen and sign in screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    different lock screen and sign in screen?: In 1607, the lock screen can be shown on the sign in screen. If disabled, it shows a solid color. Is there a way I can use Spotlight for my lock screen and set the Hero image as my sign in screen background? 63183
  10. Lock Screen/Having to Sign In

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lock Screen/Having to Sign In: I was thrilled when I first got W10 that I was not required to sign back in every time I went to the bathroom or to get a cup of coffee. Then I did a restart and, yup, there was the lock screen and the requirement to sign back in.*Mad This thread is mostly gobbledygook to...