Windows 10: lock start layout

Discus and support lock start layout in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I wanted to lock my start menu to prevent others from playing around but it got spoiled. first when i exported it to a xml file it looked like this:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dov Field, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Dov Field Win User

lock start layout

Dov Field, Jan 20, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Cannot remove Keyboard Layout

Hi,

It is possible that you need to configure your keyboard layout that is why you still see it in the list even you already remove it. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

thread
    provided by DikkeryDok last October 27, 2017 to remove the specific keyboard layout you are referring to.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 20, 2019
  3. Jaune Bel Win User
    How to reset the tile layout in the start menu

Hi,

We would like to know more about your concern with resetting the tile layout in the Start menu. Kindly answer the following:

• Is your computer connected in a domain?
    • Which build of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Have you tried the steps given by DaveM121 on a different user profile?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Jaune Bel, Jan 20, 2019
  4. lock start layout

Wrong keyboard layout in login page after update to 1607

Hi,

Since the issue reoccurred after updating to anniversary update, I suggest you to reconfigure the QWERTY keyboard layout and check if the same issue persists. This is to check if the issue is with Windows 10 1607 update.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to configure the keyboard layout:

• Open Settings and click on Time and Language.
    • Click on Region and Language.
    • Add the Country and click on add a language and select the language of your choice.
    • This will take time to download the pack.
    • Once this is done, Press Windows key + Space and press Space key to choose the keyboard layout.
    Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

lock start layout

1. lock start layout - Similar Threads - lock start layout

2. Start Menu Layout Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Layout Problem: It isn't really looking right https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-layout-problem/8ff03efc-d7b8-4eee-b788-6f820de9128e
  3. Start menu layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu layout: Hey guys!I recently installed Windows 11 on my computer with a fresh install. I've had it on my secondary computer since beta. On my new install I have no option under personalization for start menu layout. Is this only in the beta builds currently or should it be in the main...
  4. Start menu layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu layout: Hey guys!I recently installed Windows 11 on my computer with a fresh install. I've had it on my secondary computer since beta. On my new install I have no option under personalization for start menu layout. Is this only in the beta builds currently or should it be in the main...
  5. How to lock Start Menu layout in Windows 10/11

in Windows 10 News
    How to lock Start Menu layout in Windows 10/11: [ATTACH]On Windows 10, you have the ability to customize your Start menu. The customizations come very easily and variedly, helping you design the layout most suitable for you. If you are someone who doesn’t like to have his work setup played around with, you can lock the...
  6. Start Tile Layout

Start Tile Layout: This is about start menu customization that is on a "Golden Image" and pushed out to Horizon virtual desktops. Hopefully this is the best forum for it! When building my images I have always used powershell Export-StartLayout and Import-StartLayout in order to provide a custom...
  7. Start Layout -

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Layout -: I was wondering if there was a way to have a default start layout but also allow the users to make changes? 148546
  8. Partial Start Layout

Partial Start Layout: Hello, we are deploying several Windows 10 PCs in a business. I am trying to get all the games and other rubbish off the start menu and replace with the shortcuts we want. I am able to get that done if I do a start layout xml file and turn it on in GPO, but it locks the start...
  9. Start Menu Layout: LayoutModification.xml?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start Menu Layout: LayoutModification.xml?: Hi Everyone, I am trying to do something very simple (I assume) and change the default Start Menu Pinned Tile Group column number from 6 to 3 in order to further resize the start menu and remove a blank gap. See this picture and note the unnecessary blank portion: [img] I...
  10. Start menu layout

Start menu layout: Is there a way to reset the start menu layout? Like when you start a new user? I'm using windows 10 version 1803. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/start-menu-layout/a51f03a8-cc0c-4d8f-82df-8c2de79651a1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. LOCKED START LAYOUT

2. lock start layout