Windows 10: Lock the taskbar?

Discus and support Lock the taskbar? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In taskbar settings there is an option to lock the taskbar. I've tried on and off and can't tell what the difference is. Google is silent on the issue,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tcebob, Oct 2, 2018.

1. tcebob Win User

Lock the taskbar?

In taskbar settings there is an option to lock the taskbar. I've tried on and off and can't tell what the difference is. Google is silent on the issue, though there are lots of instructions how to do it. What is it?

:)

tcebob, Oct 2, 2018
  2. Andria Maria Mendez Win User

Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Sachin Venkatesh Win User
    My Taskbar suddenly stretched out

Hello,

I realize that the Taskbar is stretched or extended in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and check if the Lock the Taskbar
      is checked.
    • If it is checked, uncheck it and drag the taskbar down
      and check the taskbar to lock the taskbar again.
    • Check if the issue is resolved.
    Please post to us if the taskbar issue is resolved. We will help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Lock the taskbar?

How do you remove the taskbar from bottom of the screen.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern with regards to remove the lock of taskbar and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Taskbar.

• Select properties.

• Uncheck the box lock the taskbar and check if it helps.

• And move it to the top or right or left of the screen.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

Lock the taskbar?

1. Lock the taskbar? - Similar Threads - Lock taskbar

2. PPT on Mac book Air and IMac is locking up during slide show presentation. Only started on...

in Windows 10 Customization
    PPT on Mac book Air and IMac is locking up during slide show presentation. Only started on...: I need help as I do alot of presentations on line. I have 2 mac's with the most recent updates Oct 2018 on both my mac book Air and IMac. during slide presentations I have locked up and had it crash to have to restart. I have shut down both my computers, made sure I have...
  3. Bit Locker external hard drive locks up laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bit Locker external hard drive locks up laptop: I have an external hard drive, which was interrupted during initial encryption. When I plug the hard drive into my laptop, I simply cannot access the hard drive in any way as it simply goes to error after about a minute. Running Windows 7 Enterprise. Help!...
  4. Windows 10 Dynamic Lock is not working or missing

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Dynamic Lock is not working or missing: [ATTACH] The Dynamic Lock feature of Windows 10 makes it easy for the users to lock their computers as soon as they move away from them. They do not need any special hardware like IR Cameras to use this features. If [...] This post Windows 10 Dynamic Lock is not working or...
  5. how to recover the drive lock with bitlocker without recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to recover the drive lock with bitlocker without recovery key: Hello Sir, I have a problem with the bitlocker feature of Microsoft window10. I have lock my drive through bitlocker but due to some reason my window got corrupt. and I have to format the window in which I had the recover key. and I have formatted window first with...
  6. Locking the TASKBAR in place!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locking the TASKBAR in place!!!: I would like to know why I am not able to keep my TASKBAR LOCKED IN PLACE on my computer. I am able to move it from the Bottom to the Right, to the Top and to the Left but wherever I move it, it does NOT STAY LOCKED in it's position. I keep my TASKBAR on the Bottom of my...
  7. Taskbar Auro-resizes Even When Locked

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Auro-resizes Even When Locked: This is strange; it occurred shortly after the last update, but not immediately after it, so I don't know it that's related or not. Also I am kind of shooting in the dark as to where best to post this, so please forgive it this is not the right place. My Taskbar is two...
  8. Lock taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock taskbar: is it really important to lock the taskbar windows 10 ?. Also how many icon are aloud to show in taskbar near the clock? Thanks. 75502
  9. No Win10 Start screen and Control Panel locked in TaskBar

in Windows 10 Support
    No Win10 Start screen and Control Panel locked in TaskBar: Desk Top opens with Task bar and not the normal Win 10 start screen. The Start button only display's a menu when Right Button on mouse is used and the Cortana button does nothing. They have worked before. I have the Control Panel on the Task Bar and it works but I cannot move...
  10. Taskbar locks on startup, unrecognised warning message

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar locks on startup, unrecognised warning message: Lenovo V110 laptop, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Intel i5 6200U @ 2.30GHz Lenovo motherboard V110-15ISK (U3E1) Intel HD Graphics 520 Hello, I have a laptop problem and I have been unable to find any information online about the situation. After a normal startup, the taskbar...