Windows 10: Lock up and black screen

Discus and support Lock up and black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Just got a new computer . AMD 9 3900x with a Nvidia 2070 super , 16 gig ram DDR4 . after about 4 hours of run time , the system will lock up and black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MichaelBradburn, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Lock up and black screen

Just got a new computer . AMD 9 3900x with a Nvidia 2070 super , 16 gig ram DDR4 . after about 4 hours of run time , the system will lock up and black screen . Nothing I do will clear but a hard boot . updated all device drivers . Startup is at bare minimum with Nvidia and windows security running in the back ground . I am at a loss . If you can help , that would be great . Hate to send this PC back.

:)

MichaelBradburn, Nov 21, 2019

2. Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 21, 2019
  3. Black Lock Screen

Hi Eugen,

As you have already tried to update the driver and changed the settings, I suggest you perform a startup repair by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.

After the Startup Repair is complete, check for the status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Lock up and black screen

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Lock up and black screen

1. Lock up and black screen - Similar Threads - Lock black screen

2. my computer locks up with a black screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer locks up with a black screen.: Just had a new nvidia GEForce GRX 1070ti installed with the latest driver by a tech expert. The problem appears to be dashboard widgets? here is my problem report, can anyone here make head or tail?SourceMicrosoft® Windows® Operating SystemSummaryStopped...
  3. my computer locks up with a black screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer locks up with a black screen.: Just had a new nvidia GEForce GRX 1070ti installed with the latest driver by a tech expert. The problem appears to be dashboard widgets? here is my problem report, can anyone here make head or tail?SourceMicrosoft® Windows® Operating SystemSummaryStopped...
  4. Black screen after lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after lock screen: I have been running Windows 10 from the beginning. I have the latest update 1803 on my PC x64.I switch on my PC. I get the lock screen where I put in my pin number, it goes blue with "wait a minute" then goes black. I can get the task manager using ctrl-alt-delete. Sometimes...
  5. Black screen after lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after lock screen: I have been running Windows 10 from the beginning. I have the latest update 1803 on my PC x64.I switch on my PC. I get the lock screen where I put in my pin number, it goes blue with "wait a minute" then goes black. I can get the task manager using ctrl-alt-delete. Sometimes...
  6. Black screen after lock screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Black screen after lock screen

Black screen after lock screen: I have been running Windows 10 from the beginning. I have the latest update 1909 on my PC x64. I switch on my PC. I get the lock screen where I put in my pin number, it goes blue with "wait a minute" then goes black. I can get the task manager using ctrl-alt-delete....
  8. Black screen after lock screen

Black screen after lock screen: Turn on computer and the lock screen appears random photos with trivia. Any mouse click brings up a black screen with the mouse pointer, nothing else displayed. The mouse pointer moves with the mouse, but the login screen never appears. Tried ctrl-alt-del and...
  9. screen saver goes to black screen and locks

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen saver goes to black screen and locks: I am having a problem setting a screen saver on my new Windows 10. When setting a screen saver and selecting "Preview" or setting a screen saver and having it go to it at the appropriate time limit, the screen saver displays properly. However, when hitting a key or mouse...
  10. Lock up screen issues - hang on lock up

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock up screen issues - hang on lock up: Hi All. I have a new one installed Lenovo T450s with Windows 10 Entreprise. I have joined the machine into a domain without some active GPO. When I'm at home or sitting at a customer and must unlock the screen, it takes a war! It is as if searching for the DNS server...