Windows 10: lock-up at shut-down

Discus and support lock-up at shut-down in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer in Windows 10 locks up at shut-down and I have to manually turn it off. How do I regain normal shut-down?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JimList1, Nov 14, 2019.

1. JimList1 Win User

lock-up at shut-down

My computer in Windows 10 locks up at shut-down and I have to manually turn it off. How do I regain normal shut-down?

:)

JimList1, Nov 14, 2019
  2. DonB6 Win User

shut off button

I don't want to log off. That takes several more steps. I want to shut down. It use to have a list of things to hit but somehow change to sign off or lock. I want the shut down to reappear.

Rogue

DonB6, Nov 14, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 14, 2019
  4. lock-up at shut-down

Lock screen issue

Hi Bob,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow these steps:

• Go to Settings>>Personalization>>Lock Screen.

• In the right panel, select Picture instead of Windows Spotlight.
    Please feel free to post your queries in Microsoft Community. We will be glad to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

lock-up at shut-down

1. lock-up at shut-down - Similar Threads - lock shut down

2. Shut Down button locks PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shut Down button locks PC: I have a Windows 10 PC that I have been using for a few years. A few days ago, I tried to shut down my PC by clicking on Shut Down in the start menu.It went to the lock screen instead. Even the Power button on my CPU locks the PC for some reason.I have already set "Choose...
  3. Shut Down button locks PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shut Down button locks PC: I have a Windows 10 PC that I have been using for a few years. A few days ago, I tried to shut down my PC by clicking on Shut Down in the start menu.It went to the lock screen instead. Even the Power button on my CPU locks the PC for some reason.I have already set "Choose...
  4. Shut Down button locks PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Auto Locking and Shutting Down

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto Locking and Shutting Down: Hi Guys I've got a very common problem with my fresh Win 10 Pro 32bit install. After an unspecified amount of time (all different lengths), my laptop keeps auto locking, then shutting down, no amount of button presses stops this process, i havde to wait fir it to conpletely...
  6. Locking and systems shuts down???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locking and systems shuts down???: Ever since I upgraded with Windows and also changed my battery my computer constantly out of the blue LOCKS. Says Locking and then shuts down. So annoying and it happens alot....
  7. Locking Then Shut Down

in Windows 10 Support
    Locking Then Shut Down: Is Anybodys PC/Laptop Say Locking And Then Shut Down If Anybody Else Has This Or Knows How To Fix It Please Say I Have A HP Pavilion Laptop Running Windows 10 Home With A Samsung 1TB SSD 149300
  8. Random 'Locking' Message then Shut Down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random 'Locking' Message then Shut Down: Hello! My laptop has been randomly giving me the 'Locking' Message, then immediately shutting down. It then starts up just fine. Then low and behold, 10/15 min later it happens again. I've tried some troubleshooting ideas, but no luck yet. Any suggestions? Thank you!...
  9. CyberLink Media Player 14 keeps locking up then shuts down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CyberLink Media Player 14 keeps locking up then shuts down: My Windows 10, CyberLink Media Player 14 keeps locking up, on my HP-15 laptop, then shuts down with an error message-"Can't read a file on disc", yet when I replay the disc the next day it will work fine all the way through. It happens sporadically. When it refuses to play...
  10. Ext. HDs: “spool-up, shut-down, spool-up, shut-down.”

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ext. HDs: “spool-up, shut-down, spool-up, shut-down.”: I’ve just updated from Windows Vista to Windows 10 and my external hard drives are shutting down less than a minute after the last access. It’s now, “spool-up, shut-down, spool-up, shut-down.” How can I tell Windows to allow them to spin for longer periods of time like it was...