Windows 10: Lock User Question

Discus and support Lock User Question in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have a workstation which is used by multiple people. Well, now due the fact that everyone never really logs out of his account, but... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Ofenfrische, May 14, 2016.

1. Lock User Question

Hi everyone,
    I have a workstation which is used by multiple people.
    Well, now due the fact that everyone never really logs out of his account, but locks it, the consequence in case of someone shutting down or an electricity loss would be a loss of data of the current sessions.
    It does not really happen, just did kind of like one time and was not really a desaster, but it made me wonder if there is anything possible like a mix of locking an account and the RAM being saved on a HDD when bringing the PC into hibernate status.

In other words, something kind of like logging out, but saving the session on the HDD to be able to log in again and load the session like it has been before again.

greetings,

:)

Ofenfrische, May 14, 2016

2. Copy CD in windows 10

Amazing - Instead of answering the question ... lock the thread! Talk about user unfriendliness!

AnthonyHorn, May 14, 2016
  3. Is there an advanced option to modify Start Menu Tiles?

*Original Title: Question about tiles W10M

I'm w10m user and I have question: Is there any way to advanced setup titles in menu like : lock,change image and other

ВалентинШмидт, May 14, 2016
Thema:

Lock User Question

1. Lock User Question - Similar Threads - Lock User Question

2. pc lock question

in Windows 10 Support
    pc lock question: i want to know just how good that spot on the laptops is for securing laptops to the table? i have places next to our table that we both have our laptops on and i can use one of those locks to tether them to the table. but if it is easy to just grab the laptop and give a...
  3. Locked Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked Question: I asked a question in this community and it can be viewed or voted on but comments are locked. Why ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-question/debd0102-d236-45c6-a08e-79c2733d2b69
  4. User locked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User locked: I have tried changing the username then when i restarted the laptop the username isnt changed and its not accepting the pw anymore. I tried using the restore there i saw the name that i used to change the username and it did accept the pw. I tried restarting and rebooting the...
  5. Rotation lock question

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Rotation lock question: Can someone help to answer if this is the normal behavior? I have a HP notebook and can change to tablet mode. When I change to tablet mode and select the rotation lock, my display is portrait mode, but when I change my notebook back to Clamshell mode, found display...
  6. User Question.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Question.: Hi, I have a query regarding how users are seen in W10. When I look in C\users there are the standard users, public, default and my user name but not my admin user name. When I look in the Task Manager there is my other admin user as set up with Microsoft which is what I...
  7. Lock Screen Question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Question: Hello, I've updated my computer to the last build of Windows 10 (Version 1607, build 14393.10) but now I have a question. In the 1511 version I disabled the scroll-protecter and can I enter direct my password, somehow I can't remove it anymore. Also was I using a...
  8. Lock screen question

Lock screen question: Ok I just recently upgraded to win 10 and I did have the lock screen showing up, but now it doesn't, it just skips right to the welcome screen. Is there something I need to check? 50940
  9. Lock screen question

Lock screen question: I'm new to Windows 10 upgrading from 7. Can someone enplane to me the settings on the lock screen called detailed status and quick states. I have played around with this and it does not effect my lock screen. Is this because i did not use a default photo? Besides this forum...
  10. Lock Screen Question?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen Question?: Does locking my PC affect any running apps or downloads? 94579