Windows 10: Lock win10 Desktrop Folders in place.

Discus and support Lock win10 Desktrop Folders in place. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I get the Win 10 desktop files to stay put where I want them without third party software? I want the folders locked to the location of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MinervaVistaAres, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Lock win10 Desktrop Folders in place.

How can I get the Win 10 desktop files to stay put where I want them without third party software?

I want the folders locked to the location of my chosing unless i unlock them and move them myself.

Not by theme

Not by size

Not i a row on one side of the screen.

Where I want them.

Until I choses to move them .

Like on I could on a MAC for the last 20 years give or take.

I have searched and this seems to be a huge issue for years.

Im hoping by posting I will get up to date information.

win 10

version 19041.30

Thanks in advance.

-MVA

:)

MinervaVistaAres, Nov 21, 2020

2. Folder locked and dissapeared after unlock

Well here's something i found on this:

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-475786-lost-my-files-in-folder-lock

But it doesn't work here , i don't have that folder.

Can somebody help me searching for a solution , tnx.

EDIT:

I did that and that's when the folder just disappeared but the data is still there, the program is very confusing about restoring files , it says that "files should become unlocked automatically" ... so where the heck are manual unlocking instructions.

It's not an encrypt , it's just a password lock , so data is all open. The problem is, i would get like 225 GB of individual files off the HDD recovery , i just want the harder way of accessing the folder but getting the folder structure , where can i find the time to SORT 220 GB of data omg.

RuskiSnajper, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Free Folder Lock?

Is there a free Folder Lock?

I know that windows has feature that can make your folders invisible but it dont lock right?

I am seeking a program that lock folder and make it invisible but free. is there exist? or only the pay ones?

HiddenStupid, Nov 21, 2020
  4. AddSub Win User

Lock win10 Desktrop Folders in place.

Free Folder Lock?

panchoman, dude?

HiddenStupid, this might work. (not sure if it works on NTFS)

Hide Folder HiBit lock 7.2.8

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Security-Related/Hide-Folder-HiBit-lock.shtml

· Protect any folder or file by : Hide, Lock, Encrypt or make a folder as a recycle Bin.
    · The protected folders or files still protected even in other computers.
    · The protect Operation just take 1 second at any computer.
    · You can undelete the folder or file by Locking it.
    · Works with FAT32, FAT16, FAT12 and FAT and all windows versions.

10 runs trial and nag screen until registration. Registration is free

So, freeware after free registration.

Plenty more "lock folder" apps on Softpedia, very few that can hide AND lock.

AddSub, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Lock win10 Desktrop Folders in place.

1. Lock win10 Desktrop Folders in place. - Similar Threads - Lock win10 Desktrop

2. dlls placed in wrong folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dlls placed in wrong folder: i was opening an app when i got 0xc00000007b so i so i looked on yotube and found like dlls in a downloads and i put these dlls in system 32 and syswow64 and then i tried to open epic games and i get this error...
  3. Alternatives for In place update for win10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alternatives for In place update for win10?: My system is under very weird problems.My settings crash when i go into connection settings Microsoft store or any other microsoft download like xbox app from its own website or minecraft refuses to install or downloadWindows cant update, it says it encountered an error and...
  4. Alternatives for In place update for win10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alternatives for In place update for win10?: My system is under very weird problems.My settings crash when i go into connection settings Microsoft store or any other microsoft download like xbox app from its own website or minecraft refuses to install or downloadWindows cant update, it says it encountered an error and...
  5. Alternatives for In place update for win10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Mouse cursor not locking in place in game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor not locking in place in game.: Description:I've been having a weird problem lately in the latest Windows 11 Insider Builds. The mouse cursor would not lock in place in games such as: Subnautica, Raft, Phasmophobia, and Roblox. The example I provided below is a video of me using Roblox's caps lock feature...
  7. How to lock icons in place on the desktop WIN10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to lock icons in place on the desktop WIN10: everytime i arrange my desktop windows decides to rearrange it How to lock icons in place on the desktop WIN10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-lock-icons-in-place-on-the-desktop-win10/b7430678-706a-4de4-951c-6eb323f34aac
  8. Lock screen no info about places

Lock screen no info about places: Hello! I have set my lock screen background to "Windows spotlight" but when I am at the lock screen information about the pictures that it shows or where they were is not included. So is there a way to enable the info to show up, because I really want to know where all...
  9. Locking Icons Into Place

Locking Icons Into Place: Hello Community, I'm a computer teacher at a private elementary school, and I have students who move icons around, delete some, or add others. Most of the time it's harmless, however, it can slow down class when the next student to use one of those computers can't find...
  10. Locking the TASKBAR in place!!!

Locking the TASKBAR in place!!!: I would like to know why I am not able to keep my TASKBAR LOCKED IN PLACE on my computer. I am able to move it from the Bottom to the Right, to the Top and to the Left but wherever I move it, it does NOT STAY LOCKED in it's position. I keep my TASKBAR on the Bottom of my...