Windows 10: Locked account - no information

Discus and support Locked account - no information in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I've got a problem and can't seem to reach any human being from tech support, while the suggestions on the Support Website are not helpful to me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SupremeEffUp, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Locked account - no information

Hi, I've got a problem and can't seem to reach any human being from tech support, while the suggestions on the Support Website are not helpful to me.

After the latest data breach I wanted to reset all my passwords and did the very stupid thing of resetting Windows before I saved my new Google password somewhere else than on my Windows account. Now I don't have access to either of the accounts, and because I'm using two-factor-identification, there is no way of retrieving my password and both are locked now. To bypass the Security Lock on my Windows Account, I had to answer a row of questions about my account. I didn't remember all the answers, e.g. because I hadn't used my Skype Account in years. So, I got the notification that there is not enough information to confirm me as the owner of my account. I tried a second attempt - this time with another Email-Adress to receive the code there - got the same questionnaire, answered it, and then received the message that, as I had already sent a previous request to restore my account, the current one will be ignored. So basically, it looks like neither of my requests are being looked into and I can't think of another way of retrieving my account and the data stored on it. (I did call the hotline number loads of times, but didn't get hold of an actual person or helpful advice and I don't really want to spend any more on my phone bill because of this). If I could get direct help or at least a tech support mail adress that directs me to someone who can help find a solution, it would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

:)

SupremeEffUp, Jan 19, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 19, 2019
  3. Microsoft account purchase information.

Hi Robert,

A corrupted game file is one of the possible reasons why you don't see any information with all of your Microsoft games. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Sign out your account from the Windows Store. Here is how:

• Open the Store app.
    • Click/tap on the user icon, and click/tap on Microsoft account that you are currently signed in to the Store with.
    • Click/tap on the Microsoft account again.
    • Click/tap on the Sign out link.

Step 2: Reset Store cache. Follow the steps below:

• Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog.
    • Type WSReset.exe, and click/tap on OK.

Note: The WS tool resets the Windows Store without changing account settings or deleting installed apps.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open without any message. The command prompt will automatically close when the Store cache has been reset.

Step 3: Sign in your account to the Windows Store.

• Open the Store app.
    • Click/tap on the user icon, and click/tap on Sign in.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Jan 19, 2019
  4. Locked account - no information

Locked Out of Admin Account

Hello Linda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. Is the other user account an admin account?

I suggest you to try using the on screen keyboard at the login page and check if you are able to login to the PC.

1. At the login screen click on the
      ease of access icon at the bottom right hand corner.
    2. Click on the on screen keyboard to open it.
    3. Type the password and try to login.

If you are using a Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer the article on

how to reset your Microsoft account password

However, if you are using a local account, then I suggest you to refer the article on

reset your Windows 10 local account password

Note: While performing these steps, there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

Locked account - no information

1. Locked account - no information - Similar Threads - Locked account information

2. Lost account information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost account information: Hi, My company purchased 3 laptops last year in July/August. I had to upgrade the OS to Windows 11 Pro on all 3. My issue is that I had to create a private/personal microsoft account in order to make the purchase last year. I never used the account for anything else and have...
  3. Lost account information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost account information: Hi, My company purchased 3 laptops last year in July/August. I had to upgrade the OS to Windows 11 Pro on all 3. My issue is that I had to create a private/personal microsoft account in order to make the purchase last year. I never used the account for anything else and have...
  4. my account was locked and filling recovery form said my information was not enough

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my account was locked and filling recovery form said my information was not enough: Split from this thread. I have a different issue but mine was my account was locked and I've sent multiple account recovery form but it always says my information was not enough. You can only send 2 forms a day but trust me you will never get your account back....
  5. my account was locked and filling recovery form said my information was not enough

my account was locked and filling recovery form said my information was not enough: Split from this thread. I have a different issue but mine was my account was locked and I've sent multiple account recovery form but it always says my information was not enough. You can only send 2 forms a day but trust me you will never get your account back....
  6. my account was locked and filling recovery form said my information was not enough

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Lock Screen ads and information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen ads and information: Hey, On my lock screen, set on Spotlight, I am able to see some ads and information about the picture. I would like to remove the ads and keep seeing information on the picture as well as the Spotlight images.Is there a way to remove just the ads and keep the rest of these...
  8. Lock Screen ads and information

Lock Screen ads and information: Hey, On my lock screen, set on Spotlight, I am able to see some ads and information about the picture. I would like to remove the ads and keep seeing information on the picture as well as the Spotlight images.Is there a way to remove just the ads and keep the rest of these...
  9. Account information online and account information on my PC aren't synced

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Account information online and account information on my PC aren't synced: I updated my Microsoft account email and username a while ago but it was never changed on my PC. If I try using "Manage my Microsoft account" it tries to sign me with an email that is no longer with a MS account. Signing in with the correct email doesn't change anything on my...
  10. Photos with information in lock screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos with information in lock screen: I used to have in my lock screen a new photo every day with bunch of information on it like where is the photo from who took it and stuff like that. I don't have the information anymore for some reason. Any1 know how i can get it back? submitted by /u/eallnickname [link]...