Windows 10: Locked bitlocker

Discus and support Locked bitlocker in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Dears ,this drive was locked by it self all of the sudden and I have not enable bitlocker at all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Makary Kirolos, Aug 29, 2022.

1. Locked bitlocker

Dears ,this drive was locked by it self all of the sudden and I have not enable bitlocker at all

:)

Makary Kirolos, Aug 29, 2022

2. Bitlocker frequently locking computers

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately these suggestions don't really fit our needs. We want to use BitLocker and don't want to disable it. The problem we have is that it locks some of our computers from time to time. Ideally we will make use of BitLocker but not have it blocking our computers.

I have tried:

1. Turning off BitLocker
    2. Installing all Driver and Windows Updates
    3. Turning BitLocker back on again
    Maybe this will help. We will wait and see.

Macclad321, Aug 29, 2022
  3. Bitlocker locked on startup

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps:

I suggest you to try the step under the section "To unlock removable data drive" in the following article:

Windows help & learning

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

For further reference, ask OP to refer to the following article:

Windows help & learning

I hope this information helps.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Aug 29, 2022
  4. Paola Gar Win User

Locked bitlocker

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Aug 29, 2022
Thema:

Locked bitlocker

1. Locked bitlocker - Similar Threads - Locked bitlocker

2. Massive Security Flaw - Bitlocked Files Can Be Opened From "Recent Files" ...While "Locked"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Massive Security Flaw - Bitlocked Files Can Be Opened From "Recent Files" ...While "Locked"...: Simple steps to reproduce:Unlock a bitlocked drive.Open a file from that drive example = image fileReboot machine, confirm drive is relocked.From "Recent Items," attempt to open the fileThe file opens, even though the drive is lockedWHOA!Obviously this is a massive security...
  3. Massive Security Flaw - Bitlocked Files Can Be Opened From "Recent Files" ...While "Locked"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Massive Security Flaw - Bitlocked Files Can Be Opened From "Recent Files" ...While "Locked"...: Simple steps to reproduce:Unlock a bitlocked drive.Open a file from that drive example = image fileReboot machine, confirm drive is relocked.From "Recent Items," attempt to open the fileThe file opens, even though the drive is lockedWHOA!Obviously this is a massive security...
  4. Massive Security Flaw - Bitlocked Files Can Be Opened From "Recent Files" ...While "Locked"...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. My laptop is now locked by BitLocker, and I didn't set it up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is now locked by BitLocker, and I didn't set it up.: I purchased my laptop about 1 year ago, and it's been working great. Today I booted it up and now it wants a BitLocker code. I have never set it up, never heard of it. I logged into my account and doesn't show the device. I AM NOT FORMATTING MY DRIVE! Please tell me how to...
  6. My laptop is now locked by BitLocker, and I didn't set it up.

My laptop is now locked by BitLocker, and I didn't set it up.: I purchased my laptop about 1 year ago, and it's been working great. Today I booted it up and now it wants a BitLocker code. I have never set it up, never heard of it. I logged into my account and doesn't show the device. I AM NOT FORMATTING MY DRIVE! Please tell me how to...
  7. My laptop is now locked by BitLocker, and I didn't set it up.

8. bitlock locked my disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlock locked my disk: hello, i got a problem i was working then i saw that there was an update and pc wanted to be restarted inorder to install that update then i restarted and afound my other drive are locked by bitlocker and i dont know how to fix that because i didn't locked and i didn't used...
  9. bitlock locked my disk

bitlock locked my disk: hello, i got a problem i was working then i saw that there was an update and pc wanted to be restarted inorder to install that update then i restarted and afound my other drive are locked by bitlocker and i dont know how to fix that because i didn't locked and i didn't used...
  10. bitlock locked my disk