Windows 10: Locked Computer displays secure data

Discus and support Locked Computer displays secure data in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've worded this specifically because what can occur is exactly this. If I have a screen open on my computer when I lock it, initially the screen... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KD-Bajan, Oct 24, 2019.

1. KD-Bajan Win User

Locked Computer displays secure data

I've worded this specifically because what can occur is exactly this. If I have a screen open on my computer when I lock it, initially the screen locks normally. However, if I'm gone for a while and return, when I move my mouse pointer to wake it from screen saver mode, it displays whatever application windows I have running on the desktop. As soon as I hit a keyboard key, or click the mouse button, then it switches to a normal locked screen and displays the login prompts.

I'd like to fix this bug but haven't found anyone describing it like this so far. I try to remember not to leave anything sensitive up on the screen, but that's still just bypassing a problematic bug. I'm not sure if it is because I often RDP into other machines and the computer is a bit confused as to what desktop is locked.

If anyone has input, it would be great.

Thanks

Kevin

:)

KD-Bajan, Oct 24, 2019

2. Windows Security Screen shutdown/restart with GPO

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I will certainly help you with this.

Are you on domain computer?

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

Steps: Try to change the group policy settings.

• Press Windows key+R.

• Type gpedit.msc and press enter.

• Expand the security settings.

• Click on security options.

• On the right pane, double click on Interactive logon: display user information when the session is locked.

• Under local security setting tab, change the dropdown to do not display user information.

• Under the same section,
      double-click on Interactive logon: Do not display last user name.

• Under security setting tab, click on enabled and click on apply.

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Oct 24, 2019
  3. mjean1 Win User
    There are no more files and ASUS Data Security Manager

I've been having the same issues trying to save files.

I followed all of the steps but ASUS Data Security Manager keeps reappearing. How do I really get it to delete? I've done the uninstall four times and it just pops back in the list.

mjean1, Oct 24, 2019
  4. Locked Computer displays secure data

Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

Locked Computer displays secure data

1. Locked Computer displays secure data - Similar Threads - Locked Computer displays

2. if i got the computer security locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    if i got the computer security locked: call "877 747 1134" idk if its a scam, but i also downloaded an app to give them control of my computer but i closed out the application and he doesnt have anything on me nd didn't sign into my banking info like they asked, can anyone confirm it was a scam for me? wish i...
  3. if i got the computer security locked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    if i got the computer security locked: call "877 747 1134" idk if its a scam, but i also downloaded an app to give them control of my computer but i closed out the application and he doesnt have anything on me nd didn't sign into my banking info like they asked, can anyone confirm it was a scam for me? wish i...
  4. Computer locked with Microsoft security alert.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer locked with Microsoft security alert.: Computer is locked with MicroSoft security alert. I have Chrome OS. I tried control shift escape but nothing happened. It didn't open task manager. The number to call listed as 877 570 7676. Lots of flashing.. and voice encouraging me to not shut down, etc. How do I get out...
  5. Computer locked with Microsoft security alert.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer locked with Microsoft security alert.: Computer is locked with MicroSoft security alert. I have Chrome OS. I tried control shift escape but nothing happened. It didn't open task manager. The number to call listed as 877 570 7676. Lots of flashing.. and voice encouraging me to not shut down, etc. How do I get out...
  6. Computer locked with Microsoft security alert.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My computer is locked up for security reasons.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer is locked up for security reasons.: This is the recording that is playing on my computer a computer locked his aim to stop the legal activity If gutter has been locked up your IP address was used without your knowledge or consent to visit websites that contains identity theft virus to unlock the computer please...
  8. Locked Computer due to security threat

Locked Computer due to security threat: I was just on a random site, and I got this message saying "Important security message: Your computer has been locked. Your IP address was used without your knowledge for consent to visit website that contains identity theft virus. To unlock your computer, call support...
  9. computer locked up for security theft?

computer locked up for security theft?: Was looking at receipt site, came up with Microsoft window audio saying my computer is locked up. Have to call Microsoft number, do not shut off computer. Please help?...
  10. Edge - Turning off "Only secure data is displayed" message

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - Turning off "Only secure data is displayed" message: Is there a setting to turn this irritating popup off? In Internet Explorer there was an option to turn this off. 20957