Windows 10: Locked computer with password error

Discus and support Locked computer with password error in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I have a locked screen and cannot by pass it. I mistakenly disabled my settings in configuration. How can I fix the problem. 2) Also have Excel... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dino1973AH, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Locked computer with password error

Hi, I have a locked screen and cannot by pass it.

I mistakenly disabled my settings in configuration.

How can I fix the problem.

2) Also have Excel 0000142 error

Looking for your assistance

DINO

:)

Dino1973AH, Nov 15, 2018

2. Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

Hi,

Do let us know if you are able to see any error message/ error code with locking the computer.

Let us try the below steps to unlock and check if it helps.

• I suggest you to restart the computer, try to unlock and check if the issue persists.
    • Use On-screen keyboard to type in your password and check if it helps.
    Click on the Ease of access on the lock screen at the right-bottom corner, turn on
    On-screen keyboard to type the password.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of unlocking the device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 15, 2018
  3. change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Nov 15, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Locked computer with password error

Windows 10 lock screen password

We appreciate the details that you've provided. We suggest that you remove the lock screen password by following the steps below:

• On the Windows search bar, type in Netplwiz and select the top most result.This window gives you access to Windows user accounts and many password controls.
    • Right at the top is a checkmark next to the option labeled Users must enter a username and password to use this computer.
      Uncheck that.
    • Click Apply and it will prompt you for your current password. Enter it twice. The next time you reboot, or your PC wakes up from a nap, you’ll no longer need to type in your password.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

Locked computer with password error

1. Locked computer with password error - Similar Threads - Locked computer password

2. Password lock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password lock: Password attempt:My windows 11 device is password locked first it has me do a challenge phrase where type in: A1B2C3Then type in the password which is correct And then it tells me "this signing option is disabled because of failed signing attempt to repeated shutdowns use a...
  3. Computer locked and reset password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer locked and reset password: Dear Sir / Madam my computer is locked and due to the phone verification fail system error and email verification fail as above message . could you help to expedite the progress ? as one month quite long and my computer contain a lot importation data appreciated your great...
  4. Computer locked and reset password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer locked and reset password: Dear Sir / Madam my computer is locked and due to the phone verification fail system error and email verification fail as above message . could you help to expedite the progress ? as one month quite long and my computer contain a lot importation data appreciated your great...
  5. Computer locked and reset password

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Password locked computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password locked computer: I have inherited a laptop from my brother. he is deceased. I cannot log in as it is asking for a password that I do not have. Any way to bypass and setup under my name??...
  7. Password lock computer usable hours

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password lock computer usable hours: I would like to allow my child to only use the computer from 12:00pm to 10:00pm daily, 7 days a week. No restrictions for content on the computer, just times computer is usable. Is there a way for me to set hours of operation for the computer's usage?...
  8. Locked password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Locked password: Cannot unlock password on windows10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-password/d06fc2c6-f010-4b04-95e7-42ba59e14ff9
  9. Forgotten password, locked out of computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Forgotten password, locked out of computer: I recently made a dumb move by attempting to change my picture password without giving any regard to the fact I don't remember what my local text-based password was. It wasn't until I deleted my picture password when realized what I had done and ended up ultimately locking...
  10. No option to lock computer or change password

in Windows 10 Support
    No option to lock computer or change password: Hi! I have a very weird problem that I haven't been able to find a solution to. There are two parts to this problem, but I think it's the same cause. 1. I have no "lock" option. I can't select lock from the start menu, WIN+L and doing it via ctrl+alt+del doesn't work...